Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WIP
picture.php

Chris, that is awesome!!! Eventhough, it's a work in progress it's really looking like Brad.

BTW, I noticed you turned off you PM setup. I'm sure you have a reason, but I would LOVE to talk with you about a new commission . The other pieces you did for me are the best in my collection :D

looks really good :rock

I think I'm gonna get flamed for sayin this, but I think you painted his eyes so much better than lalla's, and dare I say it, even rainman's.

Last edited:
Indeed. Chris is a materful painter.

Such a shame he does not take commission work anymore. Was counting on mine looking like that. :(

so Im not the only one then :grouphug

the reason the eyes is better than rainman's is because theres too much white below the iris on rainman's. Making him looks like hes high or somethin. No disrespect for rainman though, I think what he did is amazing, and I couldnt even do half the things he did :horror

This one makes the sculpt looks even more like brad pitt, IMO. It really improves the sculpt a lot :rock

weird. Mine has no white sclera below the iris and the placement is the same as Kuato's above.

Mine has the most sclera below the iris out of all the Fighter 1999 pics I've seen thus far. Although I'm not a fan of the look, I'm happy to have yet another Rainman original. But because of the way the eyes were painted, I agree that Kuato's looks far superior. I'm in desperate need of those red-tinted glasses now - probably more so than anyone else. :lol I know it will look much better then.

To better show what I am talking about, here's a close-up picture of my Tyler Durden. See what I was saying about the eyes? It kind of looks like Rainman rushed on mine. What do you guys think? Am I right?

What hurts me on a more personal level is that this is TYLER FREAKIN' DURDEN! You see, my desire to own a Tyler Durden was at the very top of my list. That might sound like an exaggeration, but it's the honest-to-God truth. I wanted a Tyler Durden more than any other 1/6th scale figure, and now that I finally have him, it's a tad bittersweet. Rainman did such a great job on all areas of my figure except the paint job on the eyes (it's kind of ironic that the figure I care the most about is the one with the worst eye paint). :duh But... this is the reason I want the glasses probably more than anyone. Maybe the eyes won't look so bad hiding behind the glasses. Oh, and that little black spot you see on his upper lip wiped off. I didn't even notice it until I took the close-up picture. Am I being too nit-picky? Click on the image to make it full-size, then decide. Once you get the full effect, you will see just how "off" the eyes are. One is actually shaped different from the other too. I dunno, it just irks me.

I think it would have been a bad idea to complain to Rainman and ask him to re-do the eyes. Despite the faults I see, I do respect Rainman as an artist. But when you spend so much money on a figure, you hope for perfection, and Rainman *usually* delivers in that area, but not so much this time - at least for me. Look at the other Durdens shown in this thread. He's done a bang-up job on most all of them!

- IndyCollector :gun

IMG_5944.jpg
[/IMG]

To better show what I am talking about, here's a close-up picture of my Tyler Durden. See what I was saying about the eyes? It kind of looks like Rainman rushed on mine. What do you guys think? Am I right?

What hurts me on a more personal level is that this is TYLER FREAKIN' DURDEN! You see, my desire to own a Tyler Durden was at the very top of my list. That might sound like an exaggeration, but it's the honest-to-God truth. I wanted a Tyler Durden more than any other 1/6th scale figure, and now that I finally have him, it's a tad bittersweet. Rainman did such a great job on all areas of my figure except the paint job on the eyes (it's kind of ironic that the figure I care the most about is the one with the worst eye paint). :duh But... this is the reason I want the glasses probably more than anyone. Maybe the eyes won't look so bad hiding behind the glasses. Oh, and that little black spot you see on his upper lip wiped off. I didn't even notice it until I took the close-up picture. Am I being too nit-picky? Click on the image to make it full-size, then decide. Once you get the full effect, you will see just how "off" the eyes are. One is actually shaped different from the other too. I dunno, it just irks me.

I think it would have been a bad idea to complain to Rainman and ask him to re-do the eyes. Despite the faults I see, I do respect Rainman as an artist. But when you spend so much money on a figure, you hope for perfection, and Rainman *usually* delivers in that area, but not so much this time - at least for me. Look at the other Durdens shown in this thread. He's done a bang-up job on most all of them!

- IndyCollector :gun

IMG_5944.jpg
[/IMG]

Just as a second opinion, I don't think this paint job looks rushed. I think it holds up quite well under a flash which is the WORST kind of lighting.

This paint job is amazing, amazing amazing. NOT rushed, eyes are amazing, I just love it. I had breaks upon getting it though not happy about that but sent it ff to Rainman as soon as I got it Rainman is a class act and I have no doubt whatever he does either fixes or replaces it will be perfect very soon.

the figure is amazing, likeness, paint job, the outfit the jacket is frikkin UNREAL.

Mine's exactly like yours, indycollector.

I wouldn't exactly say that its sloppy paint job, as these are hand painted individually, unlike a mass produced HT sculpts.

But yeah, it'd be cool if rainman will offer to repaint the eyes of these so that its similar to those like the ones EC and davincisiman got.

Honestly, that paint looks amazing and the eyes are great.

As the disclaimer says, the eye line may differ from piece to piece. The first Gunman eyes were off to the side. Your eyes are painted very nicely and don't need repainting. And when the glasses come you'll never think twice about them.

Honestly, that paint looks amazing and the eyes are great.

As the disclaimer says, the eye line may differ from piece to piece. The first Gunman eyes were off to the side. Your eyes are painted very nicely and don't need repainting. And when the glasses come you'll never think twice about them.

yeah, thats what I think. Thats why Ive been eager bout the glasses :eek:

could you take a pic of yours EC, if you can? I'm curious to see how yours' looks...

Back