RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

It was pretty surreal getting to watch Aliens with pretty much the entire cast of the Colonial Marines in attendance and then with a Q&A afterwards during a double bill with Terminator.

wow thats awesome! Really jealous now haha

Alien 10/10

Getting ready for Prometheus in a few months!! Watched this kinda late last night, and I still jumped at a few of the scenes even though I've seen it many times. God I love this movie! :rock

Surprised no one jumped on me for my scoring of Bladerunner.

Me too :lol

I think I rated it somewhat low as well. Not sure why this film is so popular.

I tried watching it once, only got through the first hour... fell asleep. :lol

I will give it another shot at some point

Yeah I fell asleep first time I tried aswell. I've tried it I think twice since, the other night included, and it just doesn't do much for me. I don't get it. I know its considered a sci-fi classic. Best thing about it is the Vangelis music IMO.

Surprised no one jumped on me for my scoring of Bladerunner.

Me too :lol

I think I rated it somewhat low as well. Not sure why this film is so popular.

I tried watching it once, only got through the first hour... fell asleep. :lol

I will give it another shot at some point

All 3 of you are on my ignore list. :monkey2

Nah, I don't care what others rate it, I do kinda feel bad they don't see what I see though. For me it's a beautiful film about life and how precious and delicate our lives are, humanity and our dreams and aspirations, being human, right and wrong, shades of grey, coming to terms with death and the meaning of life, the importance of love and letting people live their own lives, corruption, hypocrisy, the dangers of science, pushing it too far, and the price of playing god and becoming immortal all sandwhiched into a great futuristic post-apocalyptic detective noir story with great visuals, terrific atmosphere and a fantastic score, and of course stellar acting.

I love the parallels of Deckard and Roy's stories, them becoming so much alike as they realise they both just want to live and be in love. The tragedy of it all, it's just very operatic and visually stunning. Theres a reason alot of people consider it so highly but you have to dig beneath a guy shooting at people. I think way too many see the cover and Harrison and expect an action movie and it simply isn't that film.

I'd like to see all that, thats why I've tried watching it a few times. I dunno, maybe I needed to be older when I first saw it...or younger! Maybe I just didn't see it at the right time.

I find it very hard to give a movie a 10, doesn't have to be perfect to get a 10 by any means, but just has to really blow me away and leave me thinking about it for days.

ALIEN and Aliens, while incredibly good, just didn't do that for me

That is surprising...

The Avengers 8.5/10

Also, The Grey. 8/10

Also surprising.

wow thats awesome! Really jealous now haha

It was. And it was very surprising to find out that most of them don't get royalties because they filmed in the UK and they were brought in from the outside or something. Had to do with unions and actors guilds and stuff.

Biehn also mentioned how he had talked with Cameron a few times about being in Avatar and was actually up for the part that Steve Lang got and they tried working him in but nothing came out of it. Which is weird considering he doesn't have much going on besides doing cameos in 80s movies!

I think the Blade Runner (final cut) is one the best films ever made, but I totally understand where the people who don't like it are coming from. Like 2001: A Space Odyssey, it's a slow burn, and if you're not completely invested in the story from the get go, I can see where it would be agonzingly tedious to watch.

Back