RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Fast Five (2nd viewing): 7/10 Almost gave this a 6 first time I watched it, but it's the best of the series. And the action scenes are pretty cool. More of a heist movie than anything. Had some fun moments. If you like original Fast and the Furious, you'll definitely like this.

I hated all the previous F&F ricer garbage but like Fast Five.

I liked the first, and the last two the best. The others are pretty much garbage. Not saying the others are borderline close, but at least they are enjoyable.

All 3 of you are on my ignore list. :monkey2

Nah, I don't care what others rate it, I do kinda feel bad they don't see what I see though. For me it's a beautiful film about life and how precious and delicate our lives are, humanity and our dreams and aspirations, being human, right and wrong, shades of grey, coming to terms with death and the meaning of life, the importance of love and letting people live their own lives, corruption, hypocrisy, the dangers of science, pushing it too far, and the price of playing god and becoming immortal all sandwhiched into a great futuristic post-apocalyptic detective noir story with great visuals, terrific atmosphere and a fantastic score, and of course stellar acting.

I love the parallels of Deckard and Roy's stories, them becoming so much alike as they realise they both just want to live and be in love. The tragedy of it all, it's just very operatic and visually stunning. Theres a reason alot of people consider it so highly but you have to dig beneath a guy shooting at people. I think way too many see the cover and Harrison and expect an action movie and it simply isn't that film.

I will probably really enjoy the film once I give it a proper shot.

That is surprising...

That Alien/Aliens didn't make me think for days? Or that I need a film to make me think for days to give it a 10? :lol

Watched ALIEN last night. It's still ____ing great/10. I never noticed the way John Hurt's hands are twitching on the closeup of the chestburster. Love this movie. Wish I had been able to see it for the first time in a theater.

The Yellow Sea.

8/10

An excellent movie and this really shows how so many foreign movies just go under the radar that are much better than most Hollywood movies.
A very violent movie that starts as a gripping thriller than turns to all out action only to slow down again to a great finish. If you haven't seen this movie check it out.
The only thing I would say is that some things seemed a little unbelievable ( particularly one person surviving through so much ) and it could have probably been cut down by 20 minutes or so.

TheYellowSeaPoster.jpg

First Blood

8/10

First Rambo film i've seen, and enjoyed it a lot - Stallone gives a great performance and I definitely want to watch all the sequels now

Also surprising.

What surprised you? That I gave the Avengers an 8.5 or that I rated it higher than The Grey (the latter would be an odd reason, since they're very dissimilar films).

I think an 8.5 is a reasonably good score for it.

I've never given any movie a 10/10. I don't hand it out like candy.

First Blood

8/10

First Rambo film i've seen, and enjoyed it a lot - Stallone gives a great performance and I definitely want to watch all the sequels now

Love First Blood! I think you will be slightly disappointed with the others, they just don't live up to this one unfortunately. Rambo 4 is actually pretty decent.

Love First Blood! I think you will be slightly disappointed with the others, they just don't live up to this one unfortunately. Rambo 4 is actually pretty decent.

Yeah this is what I gather by glancing at the reviews.

I do think the end bit of First Blood cheapened the film a bit, the part where Rambo says all that stuff about 'nam and basically feeds the audience his entire psychological condition.

I felt that was unnecessary, we can already gather what mental trauma he's facing, we don't need him to spell it out. Always better to show rather than tell.

I read one review where it was compared to Taxi Driver - we are never told explicitly about Bickle's mental condition and what made it that way, but we can make a good guess for ourselves, and that's one reason why Taxi Driver is a great film and First Blood is just a good one.

IMO :lol

Rambo II and III and terrible compared to first blood imo.
The fourth is quite a good action film but lacks what made the original great.

Back