RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Everyone dealt with it differently.

Everyone as in the characters or audience? Yet the main protagonist (besides death itself), is the only one alive by the end? I'm pretty sure that was the point, Neeson had no help it was him vs nature and the acceptance of dying alone without a void to look forward too. That's why he defeats the wolf, the wolf is a metaphor for death throughout the entire film.

I think you are off about the anti religion thing. Every character deals with it differently. Some fear it, some accept it, some embrace it. It worked.

The one who embraced the fact that god was not going to help them (neeson) defeated death (the wolf).

You did stay through the credits right?

Yeah, but the Wolf was still breathing. So even if it was dying, he stilled died too.

I'm just sayin. There is a bit of those themes, but that's not what the movie is all about.

And i'm not even that religious. I just never got it being an anti faith, god religion thing.

Yeah, but the Wolf was still breathing. So even if it was dying, he stilled died too.

I'm just sayin. There is a bit of those themes, but that's not what the movie is all about.

And i'm not even that religious. I just never got it being an anti faith, god religion thing.

Once more into the fray....

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

Live and Die on this day..

Live and die on this day...

It's definitely telling you something about religion throughout the film, I guess the way different people interpret it is based on subject value. But the team for sure had their head in the direction they wanted the audience to go about the themes.

No, it IS there. It's just not what the whole message is IMO. It's a fraction of it.

Still...great movie. Might watch it once more, then never again. :lol

Not something that I could watch a lot.

Really? It's one of those I could watch a few times...

Neeson is my favorite actor though, so that may be part of it.

Yeah, I can see that. It is rather bleak, but I really like it's tones and especially the visual style of the film.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk-kKmFdBPk[/ame]

I do too. But it's just not the kind of movie I could just be like..."hey, let's watch The Grey! Grabs some drinks fellas! And some funyons!

pretty neat vid of the star trek trailer from 09....sorry for the OT but love the music....
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiyW23opQk[/ame]

I didn't get anti religious vibes(maybe not rely on it for everything) from the Grey. I got that all people deal with it in different ways. He called out for help and didn't get an answer. Doesn't mean no god, means you're on your own in this life. And the only one that can help you is you. Because you were created with everything you need to get by in life...But sometimes death is coming no matter what. (but i'm not an atheist and not religious either, so maybe one would take away their own interpretation of it if they were)

Live and Die on this day.

Loved the movie. 8.5/10

Badmoon you an i are different people!
:peace

Oh ____, I didn't stay till after the credits:slap

Guess it wasn't one of those films that I saw having an after credits scene:dunno

Very cool though

Oh and about your little argument,
I would say that the only religious element is the self discovery that Liam Neeson goes through, and his realisation that, in order to survive, he can't rely on God, that he must face his own demons and battle on.

Back