RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I don't have a blu ray player, not majorly fussed. I can see some improvement in picture but its hardly the difference between VHS and DVD.

It helps to have an HDTV.

:lol

Yeah, for me, the difference from DVD to Blu Ray = Difference from VHS to DVD, easily.

I couldn't even give it 4 bud. I think I gave it van down by the river :lol.

The only thing that is remotely good about it is the aliens. I do think they looked the best in this over the 4 films.

I'm gonna watch it before I see Prometheus - I noticed the story is written by Joss Whedon :lol

Funnily enough Alien Resurrection feels like a Serenity spin off to me.

Yeah, for me, the difference from DVD to Blu Ray = Difference from VHS to DVD, easily.

I agree. A-dev , get T2 Skynet edition on blu ray, crank up the surround sound , put on the mini gun scene and you'll believe it then. :D

Prometheus - 8/10

All the average reviews had me thinking it was going to be bad or something...it was pretty good. Third best after Alien & Aliens.

I couldn't even give it 4 bud. I think I gave it van down by the river :lol.

The only thing that is remotely good about it is the aliens. I do think they looked the best in this over the 4 films.

Sigourney's good in it, the aliens are okay...that's about it :lol

Was this a Fan Edit ?

It's the cut that was released for the Quadrilogy & Anthology box sets.

Man on a Ledge - 7/10

Good movie. It succeeded with stressing me to death.

Celtic, saw The Mummy today. I really enjoyed it! I didn't care for the actress now playing O'Donnell's wife, but it was still a good show.

I want to see Tropic Thunder next, but.....I'm not too happy with Viacom these days.

I love Rachel Weisz. She's gorgeous and a terrific actress!

I don't have a blu ray player, not majorly fussed. I can see some improvement in picture but its hardly the difference between VHS and DVD.

I was only teasing. It all depends on the equipment you have. You won't see a major difference if you have a smaller set (or non HD), but you will if you have something big like I have.

Last edited:

Funnily enough Alien Resurrection feels like a Serenity spin off to me.

Watching Firefly/Serenity made me appreciate what Joss was trying to do with Resurrection. The Betty crew is essentially the Serenity crew. He said in an interview that Resurrection was filmed "wrong", and at first (before every watching any Buffy/Angel/Firefly shows) thought that it was a cop-out thing to say--to blame the director and not take any responsibility as a writer. But after watching Firefly and his other shows, it helped me understand his style. And I agree that I can see how Resurrection was filmed "wrong".

Just imagine Resurrection as an episode of Firefly and you'll see how good it could have been.

Here's his quote:
"It wasn't a question of doing everything differently, although they changed the ending; it was mostly a matter of doing everything wrong. They said the lines...mostly...but they said them all wrong. And they cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do. There's actually a fascinating lesson in filmmaking, because everything that they did reflects back to the script or looks like something from the script, and people assume that, if I hated it, then they’d changed the script...but it wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable."

The Three Musketeers (2011) - 6/10
Not a bad watch. Sure it's over the top and the opposite of historically correct, but it's fun.

Lord of War 7.5/10. One of Nick Cage's best since The Rock or Face/Off. Surprisingly good, actually. Not sure it had the intended affect ... I ended up finding black market weapons-dealers sympathetic and somewhat admirable. But, still a good movie.

SnakeDoc

He is absolutely brilliant in that film. The part when he talks to Sugar Ray Leonard. Amazing. probably his best performance alongside The Prestige.

He is absolutely brilliant in that film. The part when he talks to Sugar Ray Leonard. Amazing. probably his best performance alongside The Prestige.

That was a great scene.

I bet he even jumped out the frikkin window as he's so tuned into the character lol

Back