RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Not seen Prometheus yet but why is it that Ridley Scott's movies always seem to need a Directors Cut? :dunno

Can he not put everything he wants to put in the film in the theatrical release?

Studio interference would be my guess. Studio executives tend to ruin a lot of potentially great films imo.

Not seen Prometheus yet but why is it that Ridley Scott's movies always seem to need a Directors Cut? :dunno

Can he not put everything he wants to put in the film in the theatrical release?

It was a 2 hour movie. To me it begs to have more character time and more time in the tunnels showing the artwork, etc..

It was a 2 hour movie. To me it begs to have more character time and more time in the tunnels showing the artwork, etc..

:lecture

While it was a very good watch, it felt rushed at times and there was less character interaction than I had hoped.

After seeing Prometheus I've felt like watching a bunch of Ridley Scott Classics:

Gladiator: 8.5/10

Alien: 10/10

Blade Runner: 8/10

I, Robot -- 9/10. I had forgotten how cool a movie it was.

SnakeDoc

Alpha Dog 7.5/10 One of the most depressing movies i've seen in a while. Some damn good performances though, especially from Ben Foster. Just a phenomenal actor.

Prometheus 8/10.

Loved the movie. Don't really get the hate this one has been getting. Love Alien and Aliens and this one fits in perfectly in my opinion

Snow White and the Huntsman 7/10

Enjoyable movie.

Alpha Dog 7.5/10 One of the most depressing movies i've seen in a while. Some damn good performances though, especially from Ben Foster. Just a phenomenal actor.

Haven't seen the movie ... but I'm pretty sure Alpha Dog is a true story. I think I saw a Dateline or 48-hours show on the actual events -- my wife is hooked on Investigation Discovery ... so we get constant stories of murder and mayhem around my house. Heh. If I recall, a few know-nothing wannabe gangsters kidnap the brother of a guy that owes them drug money, or something like that.

SnakeDoc

Prometheus IMAX 3D 8/10 I enjoyed it. Yes, at times it did feel rushed but I can def understand to get it close to 2 hours. The visuals were amazing. The acting was very good. It had a few cards up it's sleeves. Well done Ridley. This wasn't an easy thing to do and I think they did it very well.

Back