RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Prometheus. Awesome effects, music and story. Crap acting let it down. 8.5/10

Rapace and Fass were good. Theron was meh and the rest were awful. Especially Guy Pearce and the Scottish woman from thrones.

The Night of the Hunter - 8/10 - Greatly suspenseful and an awesome performance from Robert Mitchum as the creepy preacher. The only weakness is probably child actors who were so-so.

Rapace and Fass were good. Theron was meh and the rest were awful. Especially Guy Pearce and the Scottish woman from thrones.

I'm still not worried.

Alien is great, but it has a few...very few key moments of bad acting. Or bad ADR.

Still. If the characters (some of them at least) are good, and the story is nice, and there is monsters, I think i'll be happy.

I'm being cautious though. Not expecting a masterpiece, but something really, really good.

^^^

I have high expectations for Prometheus. I hope I'm not let down.

Raising Arizona 8/10

I now have low expectations after everything I've heard from people whose views I ordinarly agree with. I'm waiting for DVD.

The Iron Lady: 6/10
It was okay. Meryl Streep was phenomenal though. But the actual storytelling seemed a bit thin. It definitely played like a highlights reel of her life and service without delving too deeply into her character. Just a few moments of reflection here and there. The worst part was that they kept intercutting with Thatcher in her older age, when she's suffering from a bit of dementia.

My wife pointed out that it was an overall depressing message that they continued to push: no matter what you do in life, no matter what greatness you achieve, you will still end up senile, decrepit and alone. Even the last line in the movie, when asked if she was going somewhere special since she was so dressed up, she responds, "I'm not going anywhere." Then the room she leaves shows the daylight fading into night as the credits begin to appear. Very sad.

Meryl's performance is something to see though. Amazing.

Chronicle: 7/10

I heard it was average, but I liked it a lot. Even though it was told through home video footage.

Prometheus: 4/10

Very disappointed. I kind of wish I had not seen it now. Even though the whole story has not been told, I think I preferred not knowing anything about the space jockeys.

I'm sure I would think the opposite if I came out of the cinema thinking how amazing the film was though.

I now have low expectations after everything I've heard from people whose views I ordinarly agree with. I'm waiting for DVD.
Go see the damn movie...whether it's as bad as AvP:R or as good as Alien, it needs to be seen in the theater ffs.

Go see the damn movie...whether it's as bad as AvP:R or as good as Alien, it needs to be seen in the theater ffs.

OK I would but theres no one who hasn't seen it that would want to see it with me, and no one who has seen it that wants to see it again. And I aint going by myself. DVD it is.

Double Indemnity - 9.5/10 - I swear it gets better every time. I love Edward G. Robinson's character in this one. It almost seems weird though to see him in "good guy" role though.

Miller's Crossing 9.5/10

The Night of the Hunter - 8/10 - Greatly suspenseful and an awesome performance from Robert Mitchum as the creepy preacher. The only weakness is probably child actors who were so-so.

^^^

I have high expectations for Prometheus. I hope I'm not let down.

Raising Arizona 8/10
You all. . .have good taste in movies.

OK I would but theres no one who hasn't seen it that would want to see it with me, and no one who has seen it that wants to see it again. And I aint going by myself. DVD it is.

Jesus, two fails in the same post...not going to see it and watching it on DVD instead of Blu-Ray :nana: :lol

Why thank you Kara. Only the second time watching Miller's Crossing for me. Some fine performances on display in this one. I am still trying to work out the meaning of Tom's hat. I think I have my own theory on it.

Gamer - 5/10
Lots of flashes, bangs and thrills can't hide the fact that this movie could've been more. A lot more IMO.
The idea behind it all seems pretty awesome, and this could've been a great concept in the hands of other directors. Unfortunately now it's just another action-flick with some sci-fi background.

I agree 100% !

I watched Condemned with Stone Cold and actually enjoyed it more that that crap. And that is sad cause I love Butler. I also think it had too much gratuitous nudity and crap. It just wasn't needed.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm: 8/10 The construction and climax scenes of this are just pure awesome. Some of the coolest batman set-pieces on screen.

Prometheus - 9/10

I understand why some people dislike this movie, but I loved it. The directing, cinematography, CGI and 3D were all fantastic. Acting was good, sometimes great and I loved the characters. But the story is the highlight and while it may divide fans, I was certainly open for anything and that is the frame of mind one needs before watching this film

Yeah, it's good.

The Three Stooges - Not-too-bad/10.

I was surprised by this one as well. No where near as funny as 21 Jump Street. But the reviving of the slapstick comedy with a simple premise worked fairly well. The whole "saving the the orphanage" thing worked pretty well.

Back