RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I hope Disney will pull Spike's rights. My nine year old girls were watching Empire last night and Spike was running commercials for boner pills. Not ready for that talk yet. I wound up switching them over to the Blurays to watch the rest of the movie.

I hope Disney will pull Spike's rights. My nine year old girls were watching Empire last night and Spike was running commercials for boner pills. Not ready for that talk yet. I wound up switching them over to the Blurays to watch the rest of the movie.

Why don't you just use parental control the block the Spike TV channel then?
Also, use parental discretion knowing the kind of commercials that are run on Spike. The theme of the network and its targeted demographic is TV for adult males. You would have the same problem if you watched the video games awards shows on Spike TV, as well.

I do not believe that Spike is the only channel that airs SW movies. Doesn't the Spike TV audience deserve to watch SW on their network, too?
I think you are being unfair to the network. Monitoring what children watch is ultimately the responsibility of the parent, not the network.

^ It is the only channel that airs Star Wars movies. The ONLY channel.

So no, it's not his fault. It's Spike's for putting boner pills in front of a Star Wars movie.

Snow White and the Huntsman...very bored 20 minutes in. Not going to finish it. I don't understand why people hold Charlize Theron in such high esteem. She's not a great actor by any means. And then there's the emo Twilight girl. ugh

Snow White and the Huntsman...very bored 20 minutes in. Not going to finish it. I don't understand why people hold Charlize Theron in such high esteem. She's not a great actor by any means. And then there's the emo Twilight girl. ugh

Theron is a great actress! You need to watch Monster!

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) - Classic SciFi with a simple story and good effects for the time - 7/10

I thought she had easily the worst acting in Prometheus, same in what I saw of her in Snow White. She was pretty good in Young Adult I guess.

I think that's all I've seen her in.

Her acting seems kind of over the top and exaggerated IMO.

I thought she had easily the worst acting in Prometheus, same in what I saw of her in Snow White. She was pretty good in Young Adult I guess.

I think that's all I've seen her in.

Her acting seems kind of over the top and exaggerated IMO.

That's Ridley's fault.

You mean because of some bits of horrid dialogue?

Noomi was able to act through some pretty bad dialogue, Theron couldn't.

Well I get that, but that had nothing to do with her bad acting.

Mainly her lecture to Holloway and Shaw. None of her acting in that scene was believable. Which is partly because of the dialogue, but like I said, Noomi was able to act through some bad dialogue (scene where she explains why they're at LV-223 for example).

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) - It goes from a decent beginning to bad middle to a horrendous ending and the only saving grace was the good special effects. - 5/10

I don't understand why people hold Charlize Theron in such high esteem. She's not a great actor by any means.
The only film I own with Charlize Theron in it, is Mighty Joe Young - she was good in that. :lol
Great film too! :lecture

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) - Classic SciFi with a simple story and good effects for the time - 7/10
Excellent film! :clap

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) - It goes from a decent beginning to bad middle to a horrendous ending and the only saving grace was the good special effects. - 5/10
Yes.. crap.

I'm a big Jennifer Connelly fan though, so she was my saving grace in that one. :lol

Prometheus: 5/10
Disappointed. But mostly disappointed in Ridley Scott. His movies are a lot of things (slow, atmospheric, moody, too cerebral), but one thing they are not is sloppy. And this was just sloppy storytelling. On the upside, I thought David was awesome and I'm hopeful the sequel (if it ever gets made) will be better.

The Amazing Spider-Man: 7/10
Pretty good. I liked it better than Raimi's part 1, but it has its own set of problems too. Still not nearly as good as Spider-Man 2.

Back