RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Yeah it was such a great film. I watched it last January, great time of year with it being cold outside too.

:rock

I remember going on the opening weekend but can't remember what month that was :lol

Star Trek (2009) 8/10

I'll say this. I'm a Star Wars guy. Never liked anything Star Trek related. I'm the furthest thing from being considered a Trekkie...but dammit...I enjoyed this one after giving it a shot.

Dario Argento The Church: -3/10
zQVPwqw.png

Last edited:

Mama - 7/10. I liked the creepy atmospheric scares better than the jump out at you ones, but overall it was a decent horror flick. Chastain is great, and the kids were the creepiest part of the moviem scarier than even Mama herself.

Star Trek (2009) 8/10

I'll say this. I'm a Star Wars guy. Never liked anything Star Trek related. I'm the furthest thing from being considered a Trekkie...but dammit...I enjoyed this one after giving it a shot.
i loved this can't wait for the next installment :)

Maximum Conviction 6.5/10

Straight to DVD movie starring Steven Seagal and Stone Cold. It's kind of silly but strangely enjoyable. Some of the action doesn't make much sense to be honest but Seagal still kicks butt for an older-fat guy.

The Whistleblower 8/10

Wow, wasn't expecting this movie. It's about a UN contractor's investigation into sex trafficking and the involvement of UN officials, military officers, etc. It's not really graphic, but it does make you remarkably uneasy. Solid movie.

Paranorman - 8/10

Really awesome animated flick. I loved all the horror movie references adn what not. I was really impressed with this film. I'll probably actually pick it up when I get a chance.

Yeah I'd rate Fargo between 9-10 easily. Its a real unique movie though. Coen brothers at their finest imo.

I totally agree. Fargo is a classic. I really love that film, the story, characters, setting, the music... It all works! :rock :rock :rock

I've heard a lot of people say they loved it. If you don't mind answering ... what'd you find so great about it?

It struck me as a very regional movie, with very regional humor. No Country, which was great, was also pretty regional. But, I'm a native Texan, and married to a girl from Midland, so No Country is set in a region I easily understand. Fargo almost seemed foreign in that respect.

SnakeDoc

and me great atmosphere :)

Definitely, the atmosphere in the remake was a LOT better than in the original. The original had too many bright rooms with an overkill of fluorescent lamps IMO.

I've heard a lot of people say they loved it. If you don't mind answering ... what'd you find so great about it?

It struck me as a very regional movie, with very regional humor. No Country, which was great, was also pretty regional. But, I'm a native Texan, and married to a girl from Midland, so No Country is set in a region I easily understand. Fargo almost seemed foreign in that respect.

SnakeDoc

I think the power of this film lies in the combination of a lot of factors; You got a good story, although perhaps not the most original. But the characters that form this story are in fact very original. I think they are all great. You've got your typical roles, the good guys and the bad guys, but it's the quirkiness in all of them that makes them great;

Marge Gunderson; the pregnant heroine of the story.
Jerry Lundegaard; the quirky maybe even clumsy carsalesman with some of the best quotes; "Ya darn tootin'!"
Gaear Grimsrud; the intimidating, silent kidnapper who is dangerous and somewhat of a loose cannon, but rather seems to want to watch TV all day.
Carl Showalter; He's probably one of the more conventional characters, but no less interesting. He's the funny looking guy who some may look upon as easy to manipulate and weak; but he's dangerous when it comes to it.

Add to that a great number of funny side-characters like Norm Gunderson, Mike Yanagita (and the best one) Mr. Mohra, and you get a very interesting and new take on a good story, making it great.

There is also the setting. I love the desolation of this winter-wonder-land in which the story is set. When we get snow and I look out on the snow covered fields and meadows; I always play this tune in my head:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NCC0dUXks[/ame]

This music btw is also amazing IMO, and it fits the story perfectly.

So this is why I love Fargo as much as I do. It's just a quirky film, that differentiates itself from others through some highly original and interesting characters, a great setting and an amazing soundtrack. :)

I'm from the Netherlands, never been to Fargo or the US for that matter, but for some reason I can relate to the whole region and setting. Perhaps it's the more rural aspect.

Back