RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I think all of his movies, whether masterpiece or not, required lots of drugs.

Well I do believe that drugs and alcohol are vital elements in the industry so I do agree with you. It also added creativity to music too. More past music though ................ rap would be excluded from this theory. :lecture :lol

Well I do believe that drugs and alcohol are vital elements in the industry so I do agree with you. It also added creativity to music too. More past music though ................ rap would be excluded from this theory. :lecture :lol

This reminds me of the quote in the first part of Tool's "Third Eye"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6qSOhaV3-is&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6qSOhaV3-is&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have always thought that one of the strangest and most amazing connections regarding Stanley Kubrick is how his name matched perfectly with the toys made by Medicom.

Stanley Kubrick -
StanleyKubrick.jpg

Medicom Kubricks -
MedicomKubrick.jpg

Coincidence? You decide.

I was going to watch this on comcast on demand but it said it was 3hrs long so I passed. Didn't want to sit through 3hrs of clowns. :lol

It's only about 90mins at mot if you sit through the end credits. The acting is awful and the character's are cliche but it's still fun to watch. Plus the clown is pretty cool looking.

Rein, it does but as Voorhees said, it gets speculative at the very end.

But the numbers are no coincidence whatever their intention or meaning is. Stanley was a perfectionist and would spend an entire decade on a single project. I have no doubt he sat down and timed it all out on purpose.

What i found really interesting and couldn't believe I had never noticed, were the red things appearing during the various characters shining, as well as who has the ability.

And also the things moving around, which is definately not attributed to continuity. He would purposely move or remove completely objects from scene to scene.

I was a little skeptical but I read it then watched the movie, then read it again and watched the movie again, and I believe everything he says in that article is true except the Mayan calander theory. I'm not saying he's wrong, its just not as definate/provable.

I think all of his movies, whether masterpiece or not, required lots of drugs.

Watch the Stargate sequence from 2001 on acid, and if you make it through, you'll never need to do drugs again. :lol

G. Romero Dawn of the Dead - Considered by many as the best Zombie flick ever, I first saw this during the late 80s and didn't think much of it. I guess I wasn't paying attention. This film is just brutal!
4.5 / 5

They Live - well this isn't a great movie, but it has one of the best fight scenes of all time.
3.5/5

Where the Wild Things Are - I'm glad Spike Jones was able to make the film he wanted. I'm glad Spike Jones' fans are enjoying the film. That said, I think a better title would be Where the Boring Thing Are. A complete waste of $80 million that must have went to new homes and cars for the cast and crew, 'cause I don't see it in the film.
2/5

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: B-

Fair movie in the Harry Potter film franchise. Not the worst...but not my favorite either.

Transformers: revenge of the Fallen - 7/10

I liked it for what it was. I got some laughs out of some of the comedy and the one-liners. Explosions were cool (I am not huge on destruction in movies, but once in a while...), and I liked the twins despite all of the complaints about them. In my head, the whole experience was fitting for a silly toy line turned silly comic book turned silly movie.

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 9.5/10

Can't believe who 3 of the final 5 Cylons were & i can't wait to find out who the last one is?

So i'll be starting season 4 tonight. :lol

The Shining (again) - 10/10

The Thing - 9/10

Snow + Isolation = Death :monkey5

Cloverfield - 7/10 (just not the same as in the theatre)

Back