RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Magnolia - 10/10 So many great performances.. Such a sad tragic film.
Easily Tom Cruise greatest performance to date. I don't care what nobody says, the man can act. I was surprised big time.
Despite it's 3 hour runtime you get drag into the story and don't want it to end. P.T. Anderson is one of my favorite directors. Just my 2 cents.

1800023240p.jpg

Unforgiven - 8.5/10

unforgivenposter.jpg

I can't believe the bad reviews! I haven't seen it yet but every review is a 7 or lower! :lol

A 7 coming from me is pretty good, actually. I am not sure that I have ever seen a movie that was a 10 other than Lord Of The Rings.

Edit - And now that I think about it, LOTR gets a 9.5 because some of the acting was alittle overdone. And that is tied for my favorite movie of all time.

A 7 coming from me is pretty good, actually. I am not sure that I have ever seen a movie that was a 10 other than Lord Of The Rings.

You are telling me you haven't seen a single movie besides Lord of the Rings that wasn't a 10?

Lord of the Rings is good but I wouldn't give it a 10, I would give it a 9.

Dead Snow: 10/10 Epic movie :lol Makes you wanna Play COD WAW alot!!!!

A 7 coming from me is pretty good, actually. I am not sure that I have ever seen a movie that was a 10 other than Lord Of The Rings. Edit - And now that I think about it, LOTR gets a 9.5 because some of the acting was alittle overdone. And that is tied for my favorite movie of all time.
The Godfather?

The Godfather?

The Godfather
The Godfather 2
The Shawshank Redemption
Raging Bull
The Usual Suspects
Goodfellas
The Departed
Shindler's List
Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Batman Begins
Fight Club
Psycho
The Shining
Forrest Gump
Braveheart
Terminator 2
Saving Private Ryan

Etc ............

The Godfather The Godfather 2 The Shawshank Redemption Raging Bull The Usual Suspects Goodfellas The Departed Shindler's List Pulp Fiction Taxi Driver One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Batman Begins Fight Club Psycho The Shining Forrest Gump Braveheart Terminator 2 Saving Private Ryan Etc ............
The Dark Knight also imo. :duff

You are telling me you haven't seen a single movie besides Lord of the Rings that wasn't a 10?

Lord of the Rings is good but I wouldn't give it a 10, I would give it a 9.

That is correct (and I changed the score to a 9.5)

The Godfather?

No

The Godfather
The Godfather 2
The Shawshank Redemption
Raging Bull
The Usual Suspects
Goodfellas
The Departed
Shindler's List
Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Batman Begins
Fight Club
Psycho
The Shining
Forrest Gump
Braveheart
Terminator 2
Saving Private Ryan

Etc ............

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

The Dark Knight also imo. :duff

And no...imo.

A 10 is absolute perfection.

I do not believe in absolute perfection.

Cinematography, acting, story...all go in to making a movie perfect.

Star Wars? Loved the movie...one of my all-time favorites, and I might have given it a ten when I was 13, but now things like the poor acting and the special effects keep me from giving it a perfect score.

And I see things in EVERY movie that I have ever watched.

Just to illustrate my point of view, I'll go over a couple of the "10s" listed above.

Shawshank Redemption - I absolutely LOVED the movie. I am a Stephen King fan, I am a Morgan Freeman fan from WAY back in the Easy Reader days(Edit - for anyone who is not familiar with Morgan Freeman's COOLEST work - EasyReader). The cinematography was excellent, acting...great, and the story was very good. But the story was not GREAT. The story did not carry a message that was really deep to me. It was a good mesage, but not a great message.

The Dark Night - Another great movie. Great cinematography, but the acting (other than Heath Ledger) was not GREAT. It was very good, but not GREAT. And the story. Come on, it was a comic book made movie. It was a simple cops-n-robbers action flick, it just had some very cool twists and turns like Dent's story. No super deep message there. Just "stay in school and don't do drugs or get involved with gangs. Not real original.

Schindler's List - Likely to be one of the closest movies in history to be a "10" for me. I would give it a 9.9 with the only down side to me being how the story slowed a little from time-to-time.

Another that comes very close for me is Jacob's Ladder. The two things that pulled that movie down for me were the effects for the demons and a small amount of Culkin's acting...even though he was young.

I don't just throw "10s" around to any movie that I like enough to see over and over again. As I mentioned before, 10 is perfection and I do not believe in perfection.

Last edited:

To each his own. That is a lot of BS to me.

I rank movies this way.

It is either:

Good and not entertaining
Not good and entertaining
Not good and not entertaining
Good and entertaining

Anything that falls into the last category is a 10 in my eyes. No movie is EVER perfect so I could never base a 10 on it being perfect because that is just not possible. If it is a damn good film and it was entertaining..(the whole reason for film) then it is a 10 to me.

That is correct (and I changed the score to a 9.5)

No

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

And no...imo.

A 10 is absolute perfection.

I do not believe in absolute perfection.

Cinematography, acting, story...all go in to making a movie perfect.

Star Wars? Loved the movie...one of my all-time favorites, and I might have given it a ten when I was 13, but now things like the poor acting and the special effects keep me from giving it a perfect score.

And I see things in EVERY movie that I have ever watched.

Just to illustrate my point of view, I'll go over a couple of the "10s" listed above.

Shawshank Redemption - I absolutely LOVED the movie. I am a Stephen King fan, I am a Morgan Freeman fan from WAY back in the Easy Reader days. The cinematography was excellent, acting...great, and the story was very good. But the story was not GREAT. The story did not carry a message that was really deep to me. It was a good mesage, but not a great message.

The Dark Night - Another great movie. Great cinematography, but the acting (other than Heath Ledger) was not GREAT. It was very good, but not GREAT. And the story. Come on, it was a comic book made movie. It was a simple cops-n-robbers action flick, it just had some very cool twists and turns like Dent's story. No super deep message there. Just "stay in school and don't do drugs or get involved with gangs. Not real original.

Schindler's List - Likely to be one of the closest movies in history to be a "10" for me. I would give it a 9.9 with the only down side to me being how the story slowed a little from time-to-time.

Another that comes very close for me is Jacob's Ladder. The two things that pulled that movie down for me were the effects for the demons and a small amount of Culkin's acting...even though he was young.

I don't just throw "10s" around to any movie that I like enough to see over and over again. As I mentioned before, 10 is perfection and I do not believe in perfection.

That's just cruel...

Anything below a 4 is poo pretty much. 5 is average, 6 is ok. 7-10 is pretty good too super sweet.

To each his own. That is a lot of BS to me. I rank movies this way. It is either: Good and not entertaining Not good and entertaining Not good and not entertaining Good and entertaining Anything that falls into the last category is a 10 in my eyes. No movie is EVER perfect so I could never base a 10 on it being perfect because that is just not possible. If it is a damn good film and it was entertaining..(the whole reason for film) then it is a 10 to me.
I agree with that rating system.

Back