RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Sleepy Hollow - 2/10

How can so many talented people make such sub par, mindless tripe? :dunno

Christopher Lee, Michael Gambon, Ian Mcdiarmid, and Jeffery Jones were severely misused, Depp was flatter then ever. Maybe even worse then Wonka. And Walken could not have been less intimidating, by showing the backstory of the Horseman within the first 20 minutes in such vivid and sure detail, Burton immediately destroys any elements of mystery or horror and makes Crane seem like a complete and total fool incapable of any kind of intelligent thought or reasoning. And why have so much blood when people are dead and having autopsies done yet none when they are decapitated. And it was like neon purple colored or orange then red at other times. What a complete mess. I think Burton was also in a relationship with Depp's mother in the flashbacks was he not? Thats the only real explanation for such an actress with so little talent in that cast.

Only points this gets is for atmosphere and the scenes where the Horseman has that axe, he can handle that thing like a champ.

Preist, although entertaining, it gets an automatic 5/10 for being under 90 minutes

Mad Max: 6/10

First time I saw this all the way through. Some good, dramatic moments, and the revenge at the end is awesome, but it would have been better served if the revenge occurred earlier and more often IMO. Sequels are better.

First time I saw this all the way through. Some good, dramatic moments, and the revenge at the end is awesome, but it would have been better served if the revenge occurred earlier and more often IMO. Sequels are better.

Sequel is better. Thunderdome was crap.

Sequel is better. Thunderdome was crap.
I love them all! Road Warrior is probably my favorite.

Sleepy Hollow - 2/10

How can so many talented people make such sub par, mindless tripe? :dunno

Christopher Lee, Michael Gambon, Ian Mcdiarmid, and Jeffery Jones were severely misused, Depp was flatter then ever. Maybe even worse then Wonka. And Walken could not have been less intimidating, by showing the backstory of the Horseman within the first 20 minutes in such vivid and sure detail, Burton immediately destroys any elements of mystery or horror and makes Crane seem like a complete and total fool incapable of any kind of intelligent thought or reasoning. And why have so much blood when people are dead and having autopsies done yet none when they are decapitated. And it was like neon purple colored or orange then red at other times. What a complete mess. I think Burton was also in a relationship with Depp's mother in the flashbacks was he not? Thats the only real explanation for such an actress with so little talent in that cast.

Only points this gets is for atmosphere and the scenes where the Horseman has that axe, he can handle that thing like a champ.

Damn, I love this movie. That's the lowest I've seen it rated.

Damn, I love this movie. That's the lowest I've seen it rated.

I really wanted to like it, I love the legend and it had so much potential, incredible cast of actors, great sets and atmosphere we'd never get today in light of CGI. But it just didn't have any heart. Real shame.

I don't think I even completed the first, I fell asleep!

I find the Mad Max films horrendous!

:devil on

:lol:lol:lol

Oh and even Rainman potentially making Mad Max doesnt make me want to re-visit it :monkey3

I love the first Mad Max; Road Warrior looks cooler... but the cheese factor is a bit high for me. Thunderdome is agruably the worst; but something about that movie makes me really like it. I know its terrible; but with Master Blaster and Tina Turner it's hard to say no :lol

Men In Black: 8/10
Believe it or not, I'd never seen this movie until today. I think when it first came out I was still angry about Independence Day so I was boycotting anything starring Will Smith. But, gotta say this was just an all around fun and enjoyable flick. Sad it took me 14 years to finally watch it, but on the upside it made for a fun evening watch :lol

Men In Black: 8/10
Believe it or not, I'd never seen this movie until today. I think when it first came out I was still angry about Independence Day so I was boycotting anything starring Will Smith. But, gotta say this was just an all around fun and enjoyable flick. Sad it took me 14 years to finally watch it, but on the upside it made for a fun evening watch :lol

MIB is very good movie one of my favourite movies.MIB 2 was
weak compare to first one IMO.

Yeah, I think I've actually seen part of MIB 2 and it did not motivate me to want to watch the original :lol

Rio - 7/10. Decent kid's flick with some entertaining moments. The only drawback for me was Eisenberg as the main character. I loved him in Zombieland, but here he was ineffective.

Arthur - 5/10. The opposite from Rio. I thought Brand did a great job as Arthur, and of course he had all the best lines. But the overall film was very mediocre, and the supporting cast wasn't much support.

Piranha 3D - 1/10
Absolute garbage. Ving Rhames' agent should be shot for allowing him to be in this. Only reason it gets a 1 is for the T&A/Gore.

Triangle - 9/10
Really impressed by this. Never heard of it, never heard of anyone in it (by name) so I wasn't expecting much and once I started watching it I only recognized one person, the lady who was Stella in "30 Days of Night". I like movies like this, that present something that appears one way and then later on as more details are given and the whole picture is revealed you see how off the original interpretation was. It's like "The Usual Suspects" or "Luck Number Slevin". Great movie. Hands down the best film I've ever seen just on cable.

cool, i'll have to look for Triangle. I think that was actually on the netflix instant at one point. I'll have to check to see if its still there.

Back