RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Mask Maker - 6/10

The cover art got me curious. After watching it was just a generic slasher...a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some of the F13th films. Overall interesting, but lame at the same time.

Since you're on a Gosling kick you need to make sure you see The Believer if you haven't. I still think it might be his best performance to date.

Oh really, yes I will most definately check that out then :wink1:

Cyrus - 10 out of 10 because I am in love with Marisa Tomei.

Lost In Translation 8/10

Ok... Scarlett looks amazing, and Bill Murray is awesome. I like how they interacted with each other, they had really good chemistry together. I really liked this one.

Cyrus - 10 out of 10 because I am in love with Marisa Tomei.

Check out Before The Devil Knows Your Dead...not only is it a really good movie but Tomei is in it and looks especially good. You'll like the opening scene ;)

Watched season one of Downton Abbey 10/10 What a great series. I'm looking forward to the second season starting soon.

51O43qenbpL._SX500_.jpg

Also really enjoyed the BBC series Sherlock. 9/10 Bummed out it was only 3 episodes. I hope they make more...it was very clever and the acting was fantastic.

51ZmD3wILRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also gave Burton's Alice in Wonderland another go. It was as bad as I remembered. 4/10

I am on Stanley Kubrick kick: All Blurays
The Shining: 10/10 Perfection and still the greatest horror/suspense film ever made. I watched this with my girlfriend and she had never seen it. She slept really close that night.

A Clockwork Orange: 10/10 Just stunning filmmaking.

2001: A Space Odyssey: 10/10 No words can really describe the state this film puts me in. It is for me still the greatest Science Fiction film ever made. And just beautiful on Bluray!!!!

Full Metal Jacket: 10/10 Probably the most watchable Kubrick film. I can put this in and enjoy no matter what mood I am in. The others I have to be in the right mood for. FMJ I can enjoy no matter what.

Yeah, so I gave all 10's. Do I care? No. Stanley Kubrick was a master filmmaker who pushed the envelope on what could be achieved through cinema. I wish his vision for A.I. would have been realized. I still enjoy the film, but would have loved if Kubrick had lived long enough to make his film he worked on for the better part of 20 years.

Mask Maker - 6/10

The cover art got me curious. After watching it was just a generic slasher...a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some of the F13th films. Overall interesting, but lame at the same time.

This was on last night on some channel. I was gonna watch it but when I read the description I was like screw it. :lol

Red - 6/10

Decent. Not great or good.. but decent.

Piranha (2010) 5/10 Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so for that it gets a mid score. I'm sure it would be better in 3D since they made it a point to throw things at the screen.

I am on Stanley Kubrick kick: All Blurays
The Shining: 10/10 Perfection and still the greatest horror/suspense film ever made. I watched this with my girlfriend and she had never seen it. She slept really close that night.

A Clockwork Orange: 10/10 Just stunning filmmaking.

2001: A Space Odyssey: 10/10 No words can really describe the state this film puts me in. It is for me still the greatest Science Fiction film ever made. And just beautiful on Bluray!!!!

Full Metal Jacket: 10/10 Probably the most watchable Kubrick film. I can put this in and enjoy no matter what mood I am in. The others I have to be in the right mood for. FMJ I can enjoy no matter what.

Yeah, so I gave all 10's. Do I care? No. Stanley Kubrick was a master filmmaker who pushed the envelope on what could be achieved through cinema. I wish his vision for A.I. would have been realized. I still enjoy the film, but would have loved if Kubrick had lived long enough to make his film he worked on for the better part of 20 years.

And you're Goddamn correct on all accounts! :exactly:

The 'Heere's Johnny!' scene took 3 days to film and the use of 60 doors. Name another film maker more passionate about film making. He's my 2nd all-time favorite film maker right after Scorsese.

The 'Heere's Johnny!' scene took 3 days to film and the use of 60 doors. Name another film maker more passionate about film making. He's my 2nd all-time favorite film maker right after Scorsese.

What he put Shelley Duvall through just to get the performance he required is amazing! I also watched the documantary by his daughter Vivian and I loved it! Got to see Nicholson pumping himself up before a take and Kubrick laying into Duvall for not being ready for a take. Also got to see Stanley operating the camera a lot, which he tended to do because of his past as a professional photographer.

All of his films have an undefineable quality to them that makes them stand out, no matter the genre. I saw The Shining as a little kid, probably 6 or 7 and even then I knew this was unlike any horror film I watched. And my brothers and I watched everything that came out if it was horror. But Kubrick has the way of really getting under your nerves and give you images that get burned in your head. The most frightening image for me is Jack slowly rising with the axe after he hears Danny. That face sticks with me!!!

I do admit to not being able to sit through Barry Lyndon yet. I will before I die. On my death I have requested two things: Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask (never able to play all the way through) and watch Barry Lyndon :)

I heard he was pretty rough on Scatman Cruthers as well...making do a take like 90 times...what's the name of the documentary on Kubrick?

Stake Land - 8/10

Really awesome movie, basically take zombie land replace the zombies with the vampire plague and a dash of the apocalypse and you have a pretty awesome movie. I had heard bad things about it, but I thought it was pretty awesome. I might actually pick this movie up now. These vampires are real vamps, not your Twilight types, more along the lines of demons kinda reminded me of the 30 Days of Night variety.

Back