RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Also really enjoyed the BBC series Sherlock. 9/10 Bummed out it was only 3 episodes. I hope they make more...it was very clever and the acting was fantastic.

It is a great series indeed! As far as I know the second series will start in the UK soon. I think Martin Freeman even got some time off from filming The Hobbit to shoot the second season of this.

Can't wait to see the new episodes! :rock :rock :rock

I am on Stanley Kubrick kick: All Blurays
The Shining: 10/10 Perfection and still the greatest horror/suspense film ever made. I watched this with my girlfriend and she had never seen it. She slept really close that night.

A Clockwork Orange: 10/10 Just stunning filmmaking.

2001: A Space Odyssey: 10/10 No words can really describe the state this film puts me in. It is for me still the greatest Science Fiction film ever made. And just beautiful on Bluray!!!!

Full Metal Jacket: 10/10 Probably the most watchable Kubrick film. I can put this in and enjoy no matter what mood I am in. The others I have to be in the right mood for. FMJ I can enjoy no matter what.

Yeah, so I gave all 10's. Do I care? No. Stanley Kubrick was a master filmmaker who pushed the envelope on what could be achieved through cinema. I wish his vision for A.I. would have been realized. I still enjoy the film, but would have loved if Kubrick had lived long enough to make his film he worked on for the better part of 20 years.

Can't go wrong. Though I give a 7.5. The last half does not live up to the amazing Boot Camp portion.

Clockwork? A great movie on all fronts.

Shining? Best horror movie.

2001? I can't imagine the feeling of walking out of the theater and realizing that you've just watched the greatest movie ever made.

Real Steel - 7/10. Took a couple ten year old boys to see this, and they loved it. Perfect for them, with enough action to keep them going, and a solid if predictable father/son plot. The kid is a decent actor too, at least good enough to carry his role.

Can't go wrong. Though I give a 7.5. The last half does not live up to the amazing Boot Camp portion.

Clockwork? A great movie on all fronts.

Shining? Best horror movie.

2001? I can't imagine the feeling of walking out of the theater and realizing that you've just watched the greatest movie ever made.

:goodpost: But I still can't give FMJ anything less then a 10. The first half is so strong it makes up for the second half, which to me is still great. Plus, it has some of my favorite lines like "How can you shoot women or children?"
"Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?"

The General's Daughter 7/10 Liked this movie a lot. Haven't seen it in a while but I thought Travolta and Cromwell did an excellent job.

Empire Strikes Back (Harmy version): 8.5/10

It's funny, I always liked Empire a lot, even as a kid, rating it as on the same level as Star Wars, but having re-watched both recently (in relatively unaltered states), I gotta say that I enjoyed Star Wars quite a bit more :panic:

I think the CG Jabba and unnecessary, distracting background junk really negatively affected my feelings toward "A New Hope" for many years, pulling its value down in my eyes.

Fast Five 8/10 Great cast, great action, just great all the way around. Loved the Rock and VD's fight scene.

Interesting they are making another and bringing Michele R back from the dead

Scream - 8/10 God I felt so old watching this movie. Hard to believe it's about 15 years old but it seems like yesterday when this was the only thing me and my fellow 5th graders could talk about.

Fast Five 8/10 Great cast, great action, just great all the way around. Loved the Rock and VD's fight scene.

Interesting they are making another and bringing Michele R back from the dead

That's a few times lately she's come back form the dead! :lol I believe it is happening in the new resi evil film, too.

Scream - 8/10 God I felt so old watching this movie. Hard to believe it's about 15 years old but it seems like yesterday when this was the only thing me and my fellow 5th graders could talk about.

Duuuuude....I was in my sophomore year of college when Scream first came out. Don't talk to me about feeling old! :(

Finally watched IM2, great movie, cant wait to see Thor, CA and the new Avengers movie

Resident Evil 4 (aka Resident Evil: Afterlife) -- 6.5/10

Meh. Not enough action. Couldn't tell half the time whether she had any kind of abilities to fight the zombies. There was absolutely no explanation for the punisher-type creature with the half scythe/half meat grinder weapon. The timeline confused the crap out of me. And i guess the main bad guy of the film decided to make his hero Neo from the Matrix, which was really lame.

I'd say the only bright spots were the fight at the beginning, and the alice/claire/creature fight.

The Thing Prequel: 7/10 I liked it. It was decent. Not fantastic.

While the character's were pretty weak, and some of the deaths felt cheap, it was a pretty cool movie. It ties in perfectly with The Thing, except for the footage of them blowing up stuff, which Mac and the crew watched.

There's a ton of CGI. It was probably practical mixed with CGI, but it all blended pretty well.

The Thing-OUT moments were pretty ****ing cool. That's one of the main reason I saw the flick.

The THINGS themselves were decent. The Split-Face guy was cool to finally see in motion, as was an earlier one. But they all kinda had the same look. They all looked like the dog thing. But eh. Oh well.

There is, however one stand out moment. It was already given away in the trailer...but still..it's the best THING OUT in the film. It's just so ****ing fast and insane that it made me grin pretty big.

If it wasn't in the trailer...it would've been a scene on par with the Norris Thing Out. And it happens fairly early in the film too.

Back