Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 5 (movie)

I just saw the first two for the first time yesterday. I liked them so much that I made Jenn watch them both with me when she got home. I think those are films I can watch over and over and not be bored with. And trust me, lately, that has not happened with very many movies. I think only Red, Date Night, Baby Mama and Get Smart have been the only movies I can do that with. So this is very exciting!!!

I have the following two films ready on netflix to ship after I return the two I'm about to receive. I'm definitely excited for the 5th. Now I want an Alice and Jill statue.

:yess::yess::yess::hi5::1-1:

When I say following two, I mean the two that follow the first two. Not the two I just watched...hopefully this makes sense.

When I say following two, I mean the two that follow the first two. Not the two I just watched...hopefully this makes sense.

Your excitement for the 3rd and 4th film will fall quickly as you watch those horrible films :lol

Hell yeah! Tyrant, Executioner and the midnight costume... phwoar!

Your excitement for the 3rd and 4th film will fall quickly as you watch those horrible films :lol

Not possible. If she enjoyed Apocalypse then there is no logical way she can be disappointed with Extinction or Afterlife.

Anyway, here are some new interviews from Paul and different websites. Lots of new details about the movie.

13 minute video interview on Collider.com
https://collider.com/paul-ws-anderson-resident-evil-5-retribution-interview/118209/

10 facts from the interview (more indept in the actual article and video)

•RE:5 starts filming in Toronto in a week.
•Anderson lent heavily on the video games for inspiration for Retribution, just as they did with the previous films.
•They’re bringing in the Las Plagas parasite from the games for Retribution. It will allow the undead to “run around, ride motorbikes, and shoot machine guns.”
•They’re recreating an action set-piece from the fifth video game where the characters are driving in a Hummer while being chased by zombies. Anderson changed the vehicle to a Rolls Royce Phantom.
•They had to tear apart and rebuild the Phantom with roll-bars and such in order to shoot the chase scene.
•Responding to criticisms that the film franchise has become too action-heavy while sidelining the horror, Anderson said the games have followed the same trajectory, leading to some phenomenal action sequences. He praises the franchise for consistently changing things up.
•When decided which new characters to include in Retribution, Anderson and Milla Jovovich listened to the fanbase. They settled on adding Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Barry Burton, who they felt where the three fan-favorites that the film franchise has yet to touch on.
•When casting for the new characters, they tried their best to get people that looked as much like the game characters as possible.
•Retribution takes place in Tokyo, Moscow, and North America. They’re filming in all three locations.
•When Anderson signed on for the first film, he flew to Osaka and spent three days at Capcom explaining his vision and having a dialogue with the game creators.
•Anderson says the relationship between the films and Capcom is symbiotic. They look at the scripts and give notes, and sometimes the Anderson and the people working on the film franchise will change things because of the comments.

Text based interview at Gamespot.com. https://au.gamespot.com/news/6337828/resident-evil-director-talks-retribution

Paul talks about some creatures, working with Capcom, locations for the movie (Time Square is being added) and reveals a small detail about a scene involving a lot of tv monitors. Most of the folks on IMDB agree that we are going to see a Wesker related scene similar to this one from RE4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iry1oSpBOew

Short video interview with Paul and Milla. Nothing major in it though.
https://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/697853/resident-evil-5-will-surprise-a-lot-of-people.jhtml

Well Devil, everyone is going to like something that others do not. So, that's how it happens.

Not possible. If she enjoyed Apocalypse then there is no logical way she can be disappointed with Extinction or Afterlife.

Anyway, here are some new interviews from Paul and different websites. Lots of new details about the movie.

I thought Extinction was easily the worst one in the series.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Afterlife was the 2nd best one imho if only for the scenes with the Executioner and Wesker.

"•Responding to criticisms that the film franchise has become too action-heavy while sidelining the horror, Anderson said the games have followed the same trajectory, leading to some phenomenal action sequences. He praises the franchise for consistently changing things up."

It's funny though the games didn't become more action oriented till after the movies came out.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Afterlife was the 2nd best one imho if only for the scenes with the Executioner and Wesker.

"•Responding to criticisms that the film franchise has become too action-heavy while sidelining the horror, Anderson said the games have followed the same trajectory, leading to some phenomenal action sequences. He praises the franchise for consistently changing things up."

It's funny though the games didn't become more action oriented till after the movies came out.

I agree with you.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree, but why would the game copy the films? Example: Laser room. Like I said on some other thread is just business to Paul and Capcom. :peace

I agree, but why would the game copy the films? Example: Laser room. Like I said on some other thread is just business to Paul and Capcom. :peace

Indeed but if the movies were more survival horror centered, perhaps the games would still be. It's kinda a double edged sword for me. On the one hand without the movies, RE4, my all time favorite game probably would have been much different than it is now but at the same time, I wish RE was less action oriented than it is now and the movies imo are the reason RE has become more action than survival horror. RE4 found a good balance between horror and action were RE5 (and ORC from what it looks like) are mainly just action with a few horror elements thrown it.

Yeah, also haven't the fans been asking for the series to go back to it's roots; "horror"? LOL My opinion is that Capcom[& Paul] has become too comfortable witht eh over-the-top action. I think the series needs to rediscover what made it exceptional "horror/fear", the game. That's hard to evoke when you're punching gigantic boulders in the middle of a volcanp while your former boss turns into a meat tornado. LOL As for the films, what can I say.... I enjoy them. LOL
There's plenty of movies that are sadly far worse than these. :dunno

Indeed but if the movies were more survival horror centered, perhaps the games would still be. It's kinda a double edged sword for me. On the one hand without the movies, RE4, my all time favorite game probably would have been much different than it is now but at the same time, I wish RE was less action oriented than it is now and the movies imo are the reason RE has become more action than survival horror. RE4 found a good balance between horror and action were RE5 (and ORC from what it looks like) are mainly just action with a few horror elements thrown it.

Have you seen RE1 ? That movie is possibly the greatest video game movie ever. The movie was so resident evil and even though it had no character's it was like a universe on it's own. Alice wasnt some overpowered jedi she was normal and you can see throughtout the movie that they were powerless. They couldnt even take out that licker easily. It was very good and probaly the best cliff hanger's ever.:clap. but then after that they just started to decline with ridiculous nonsense. Re1 is the only movie to really follow the game properly.

The first one is much better than any of the sequels. It had a decent storyline and nothing was over the top far fetched, which each sequel seemed to become.

I'll still watch the 5th though, seeing as I've watched all the rest.

the first movie is good, but I'm so bloody sick of it at this point. I think that's why I enjoy afterlife the most at this point.

Back