Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 5 (movie)

These are Milla's tweets from back in May.

@BanjoPL OMG! Paul has such a grt idea 4 the nxt RE film and there will b a HUGE surprise abt the origin of Alice!
https://twitter.com/#!/MillaJovovich/status/70093603170549760

@nickizheretweet paul is still writing the script, but he's got the story down. Its gonna b CRAZY! N fans r gonna luv who we bring back! As well as new characters n the zombies r goin 2 the nxt level!!!!
https://twitter.com/#!/MillaJovovich/status/70095370222452736

Clearly she didn't tell us that One, Rain and Carlos would be back but she definitly hinted at it and also made it clear we would be getting more info on what Alice was up to before the first movie. She also hinted at the las plagas "zombies" as well.

I'm assuming you guys don't follow Milla's twitter feed? A couple months back she said that we would be learning more details about Alice past and since One and Rain are back I'm sure they have something to do with it.

Also consider that Paul listened to fans complaints and wrapped up the super powered Alice and her clones part of the story in the opening scene of Afterlife. If he was willing to end that part so quickly why do you guys think he would use clones again when people didn't like them last time.

That's obviously a theory. However they also keep hinting that the reason their all back is really interesting and they can't reveal anything, except that it's gonna be cool. If it was just a flashback you'd think they would just say "oh flashbacks". If they're hyping up all these returning characters, just to have it be flashbacks...eh kind of lame :dunno

Hype? Other than the news articles about the actors returning and Milla's "always excited" nature on twitter there really hasn't really been much hype.

Milla usually never gives out specific details about any of her movies either, just broad general concepts and ideas but nothing very detailed other than tweets/pictures/videos of generic on set locations or confirming/denying characters and actors involvements. No one on the crew or Milla are going to flat out spoil any scenes for the film, especially since they haven't even started filming yet (that starts tomorrow though).

The only interviews and articles that have talked about the returning characters/actors are ones involving Paul and Milla. I'm not sure if you've ever seen or read an interview with them before but everything is "awesome", "cool", "rad", "spectacular" when it comes to them. They are always so pumped and excited for their work, it is just the way they express themselves.

I'ma gonna speculate! It's fun for me. Besides, my mind runs non stop so why not run it on things I enjoy. :p

Thanks for the Milla twit feed.

Meet your live-action Ada Wong:

Li BingBing, a Chinese actress mostly known here for her role as the white-haired witch in Jackie Chan and Jet Li's The Forbidden Kingdom. The majority of her work is in Chinese films, naturally.

VNAb7.jpg

china-li-bingbing-017-vogue.jpg

YtYVP.jpg

RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION Casts Chinese Actress Li Bingbing as Ada Wong

china-li-bingbing-007.jpg

LOL Anyway, 16 zombie extras injured on the set of RE5.

LOL Anyway, 16 zombie extras injured on the set of RE5.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/10/11/movie-stage-collapse-toronto547.html

The collapse of a platform during a shoot for a zombie movie in west Toronto has injured 16 people, police say.

Ten of the sixteen were taken to hospital after falling from a platform while they were working on a scene from the film Resident Evil: Retribution at the Cinespace Film Studios at 777 Kipling Ave. north of the Queensway Tuesday morning.

The incident occurred when the performers were moving between two platforms. The wheeled platform shifted suddenly, causing the people aboard it to fall about 1.5 metres, said Toronto police Const. Wendy Drummond.

The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, she said. The injuries range from bruises to broken bones.

Emergency workers said their jobs were made more difficult by the fact that the injured were dressed like zombies, which made it hard to determine which injuries were real.

"
Emergency workers said their jobs were made more difficult by the fact that the injured were dressed like zombies, which made it hard to determine which injuries were real. "

I chuckled. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have. Hope everyone involved is alright.

"
Emergency workers said their jobs were made more difficult by the fact that the injured were dressed like zombies, which made it hard to determine which injuries were real. "

I chuckled. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have. Hope everyone involved is alright.

No man, I chuckled too.

Meet your live-action Ada Wong:

Li BingBing, a Chinese actress mostly known here for her role as the white-haired witch in Jackie Chan and Jet Li's The Forbidden Kingdom. The majority of her work is in Chinese films, naturally.

VNAb7.jpg

china-li-bingbing-017-vogue.jpg

YtYVP.jpg

Not a horrible choice but she looks too innocent for Ada. All I can say is they better not give Ada any outfit other than a red dress. Ada not in her red dress equals Wesker without sunglasses or Barry with a clean shaven face.

I much prefer her outfit from "Assignment Ada". The black tactical gear was better than any of the dresses in my opinion.

I much prefer her outfit from "Assignment Ada". The black tactical gear was better than any of the dresses in my opinion.

Eh when I think of Ada I think of her in a red dress. To me it's iconic within the RE game universe. It may not make sense from a tactical point of view especially in RE4 it actually made no sense for her to wear it since her mission was retrieval of the master Las Plaga so you'd think she'd want to wear something that didn't make her stick out so much :dunno. Still, to me Ada in anything other than red is like putting Jill in a Metal Gear Solid-ish purple body suit and dying her hair blonde and... oh wait. Another thing about this movie is they better damn well give Barry a big ass magnum revolver.

Not a horrible choice but she looks too innocent for Ada. All I can say is they better not give Ada any outfit other than a red dress. Ada not in her red dress equals Wesker without sunglasses or Barry with a clean shaven face.

Watch them not do it because Alice had a red dress in the first RE movie...:monkey2

I'd be happy with the assignment ada outfit. That is the coolest looking design ever. sexy and tactical.

Hm. The only RE actor that resemble an actor was Tom Cruise; Kevin Ryman. Though Capcom changed his appearance. Early designs of Leon looked a lot lke Chris so they scrapped RE 1.5 (they gave Leon that girly/Justin Bieber hair.) I'm actually liking the actor playing Leon than Wentworth playing Chris. He was so bad...

Back