Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all the leon ,alice hate come on people i was a little pissed about alice being orc but like others said its not a real resident evil game,
its a what if so i dont mind it, when you think about it she has no place in the games none of the good guys have powers they are just regular people .

as for leon project A your going to have to face it he might be the most popular character of the series besides jill valentine people like him he was in the best two resident evil's they put out .

Well, obviously...

Having his own spin-off, 2 CGI movies. I'm just saying that he needs a break and let other RE characters shine like Claire.

Anyway, I probably jinxed myself so he'll probably be the main character for RE6, but the game will have the same faith as RE4 for me. Just replayed it once or 4 times. Unless it has cool features.

:peace

Also, I think there won't be any teaser this month. :(

I'm pretty sure anything with Milla will sell! She's awesome some people hate her because she's the main character in the film series. Which that's fine with me, if I wanted chris or Jill to be the main focus I would play the games. Let's say if the if the movies were carbon copies of the games which RE character would be the main star of the films? Leon? Maybe Jill? You would have fans once again complaining why Leon isn't the main character blah, blah, blah. Also having different characters being the main character in the films would be to confusing to the general audience. As for us the players we know our history and our characters.
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? A carbon copy of the games storyline would never translate well to the big screen, but what we have now is just a random mashup of action sequences with very little relevence to the source material.

If comic book movies can find the right balance between adapting a storyline and telling a new one, why can't video games? What is stopping Hollywood from crafting a storyline for the big screen that stars Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire in an equal capacity other than the lack of creativity?

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? A carbon copy of the games storyline would never translate well to the big screen, but what we have now is just a random mashup of action sequences with very little relevence to the source material.

If comic book movies can find the right balance between adapting a storyline and telling a new one, why can't video games? What is stopping Hollywood from crafting a storyline for the big screen that stars Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire in an equal capacity other than the lack of creativity?

246nbwl.gif

A t.v. would be better like TWD. :wave

What is stopping Hollywood from crafting a storyline for the big screen that stars Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire in an equal capacity other than the lack of creativity?

Capcom. Milla originally wanted to play the role of Jill Valentine since Nemesis was the game the she and her little step brother used to play together and when Anderson was making the story for the first movie he was told by Capcom that he couldn't use characters from the games.

I do remember Milla saying that, but she felt like she was playing Jill. Paul also said it was very difficult to get the rights for the game characters. That's why Romero probably didn't get the job since hid script was almost like the game. Except Chris not being in S.T.A.R.S. And being a native American. I think that would piss off a lot of fans.

They didn't get the rights to use Wesker until a little bit before production started on Extinction. In the original script that still had Jill in it, Wesker's character was a brand new made up character who was some Japanese business man that used to be a general or some other high level military rank.

I do remember Milla saying that, but she felt like she was playing Jill. Paul also said it was very difficult to get the rights for the game characters. That's why Romero probably didn't get the job since hid script was almost like the game. Except Chris not being in S.T.A.R.S. And being a native American. I think that would piss off a lot of fans.

Hmm interesting.

Word on the Web is that this film will either be set between RE and Apocalypse, or be full of flashbacks...

Good thing too. Romero's script blew donkies.

Milla was on twitter tonight. She said that the teaser trailer will probably be attached to the new Underworld movie. She also mentioned that she has to go through about 500 pictures to help pick out/approve production stills that will be released soon.

IGN.com released the official synposis for the movie and revealed that the film will also go by RE5IDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION.
https://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1216176p1.html
"The wildly successful film franchise adaptation that has grossed nearly $700 million worldwide to the popular video game series, Resident Evil, returns in its highly anticipated fifth installment, RE5IDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION in state-of-the art 3D.

The Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race's last and only hope, ALICE (Milla Jovovich), awakens in the heart of Umbrella's most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by newfound allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun."

Alice is being captured with everyone else on the Arcadia so that explains her black catsuit that has the Umbrella logo on it.

Omg I can't wait! Underworld midnight release here I come( although I don't care for Underworld that much)

The human race's last and only hope, ALICE? That almost made me wanna throw up. I like the Alice character quite a bit now, but I wish they would tone down on making her look like the only one that can stop crap. Whats Leon gonna do, smoke cigarrettes and play golf while she does everything? I hope Wesker kicks the living hell out of her this time and not have a baby role.

Mankinds last and only hope, ALICE? That almost made me wanna throw up. I like the Alice character quite a bit now, but I wish they would tone down on making her look like the only one that can stop crap. Whats Leon gonna do, smoke cigarrettes and play golf while she does everything? I hope Wesker kicks the living hell out of her this time and not have a baby role.

Actually Jill is going to that, not Wesker. :wave

Back