Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The role should've gone to Jason dude from Crank. He would've played Agent 47, since Jason has the same role in every single movie. He's a good fighter, but terrible actor.

Jason Staham is too blue collar to pull off the role of a calm and smooth assassin.

I am glad we got Timothy Olyphant. Originally, it was going to be Vin Diesel in the role.

Better yet, the voice actor David Bateson should have played the role cause he looks exactly like 47 and is an accomplished actor in Denmark.

It's not. There is another Capcom game called the House or something that gave birth to survival horror. Only difference is that game is some turn based RPG and the first RE basically came from the same concept i.e being stuck in a mansion full of monsters.

I don't like to count Sweet Home. Despite it's many lendings to RE.

Alone in the Dark is the mother of what we refer to as survival horror, and Resident Evil is the father.

Last edited:
I don't like to count Sweet Home. Despite it's many lendings to RE.

Alone in the Dark is the mother of what we refer to as survival horror, and Resident Evil is the father.

Yes Sweet Home. Such a weird name for a horror title. One can't deny the influence of Sweet Home on the RE series. The inventory management, puzzle solving, even the door loading screen.

It was even said that RE was originally a remake of Sweet Home.

I think RE borrowed the mechanics of Alone in the Dark i.e. the fixed camera perspective and tank controls but everything else is from Sweet Home.

If Sweet Home were released in the States, more people would have seen the connection with RE.

I mean I played the early pre RE Alone in the Dark games and never felt they inspired RE in any way except for the mechanics. In fact, the later games started emulating RE games right down to the tone and style.

I know. I've played Sweet Home, there's definitely a connection in setting and several elements, those influences are clear...but it just felt too RPG for me to connect it survival horror. Just my take

It is fun though....kinda

If we want to get really technical....there are a few SH games that came out before Sweet Home.

Last edited:
It's not. There is another Capcom game called the House or something that gave birth to survival horror. Only difference is that game is some turn based RPG and the first RE basically came from the same concept i.e being stuck in a mansion full of monsters.

But RE was the first game to coin the phrase, in '96. :wink1:

I know. I've played Sweet Home, there's definitely a connection in setting and several elements, those influences are clear...but it just felt too RPG for me to connect it survival horror. Just my take

It is fun though....kinda

If we want to get really technical....there are a few SH games that came out before Sweet Home.

Seriously? The first Silent Hill game is in PS1. Sweet Home is on Famicom. Unless there is another SH games that I never heard off.

Since we are talking about silent hill, I think SH games are a lot more about survival horror than RE games. In all RE games you have lots of weapons and ammo and if you play it right, you can survive very easily. I mean firepower is on your side.

In silent hill games, you only have a pipe or a stick most of the time. You can't shoot accurately, and ammo are really scarce.

"Sweet Home," which was also based on a movie. I think this was truly the first video game based on a movie that was better than the movie!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw06V-fcjfA[/ame]

They have the whole movie on youtube as well:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZkXouk3r4[/ame]

Last edited:
Seriously? The first Silent Hill game is in PS1. Sweet Home is on Famicom. Unless there is another SH games that I never heard off.

Since we are talking about silent hill, I think SH games are a lot more about survival horror than RE games. In all RE games you have lots of weapons and ammo and if you play it right, you can survive very easily. I mean firepower is on your side.

In silent hill games, you only have a pipe or a stick most of the time. You can't shoot accurately, and ammo are really scarce.

Have we played the same RE games? Or are you sharking them? :lol All the RE games I've played have very limited ammo and more often than not expect you to face off against a few creatures with only a knife! It's only after passing the game that you start to unlock the means to run through the game easier. :huh

The SH in my post stands for Survival Horror.

But RE was the first game to coin the phrase, in '96. :wink1:

That's true. The others were just retro-fitted with the moniker.

Last edited:
Have we played the same RE games? Or are you sharking them? :lol All the RE games I've played have very limited ammo and more often than not expect you to face off against a few creatures with only a knife! It's only after passing the game that you start to unlock the means to run through the game easier. :huh

yeah but compared to silent hill it was a little easier I guess,

???????????:slap

:lol:lol

i actually like sh it was better then the re movies imo

Same here.

I guess we are different types of playes then because I always had ammo to spare at the end of each game.

I guess some people are just better at certain games than others.

I have plenty to spare too and we have such a wide range of weapons to choose from, shotgun, colt python, desert eagle, and grenade launcher with its multiple types of rounds. You can save a lot of ammo if you know what weapons to use for what enemies.

I can even complete RE2 in under two hours back then and maybe save like three times.

The only RE that I have significant problem with ammo is the PS2 version of RE4. I specifically mentioned PS2 version of RE4 because that one is much harder than the Gamecube version. Apparently they ramped the difficulty up for the hardcore American crowd.

Back