Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first i liked this thread. Then i hated it because it became troll central. But now i find it funny. Because i keep reading posts both here and in the game related threads about how the movies suck and how the games are 100x better and then i read certain people (not all) saying things that show they have barely even played the games and lack simple basic knowledge of the game franchise and its characters. Which is funny because ive seen movie characters and situations being hated on because the games would never do it when they were scenes from the games. In fact, there was a gem of a comment made recently in the video game sub forum which made me chuckle. And it came from one of the holy than thou posters.

But who cares?! I dont. Because i love both franchises and dont pit 1 against the other. So im happy twice as much.

I hate the Transformers thread. :lol

It's what we get for liking ____ movies. :yess:

So just accept it, and pick your battles.

:lol :yess:

I don't pick battles anymore I just ignore them :lol

But who cares?! I dont. Because i love both franchises and dont pit 1 against the other. So im happy twice as much.

:lecture

At first i liked this thread. Then i hated it because it became troll central. But now i find it funny. Because i keep reading posts both here and in the game related threads about how the movies suck and how the games are 100x better and then i read certain people (not all) saying things that show they have barely even played the games and lack simple basic knowledge of the game franchise and its characters. Which is funny because ive seen movie characters and situations being hated on because the games would never do it when they were scenes from the games. In fact, there was a gem of a comment made recently in the video game sub forum which made me chuckle. And it came from one of the holy than thou posters.

that's why I liked RE2, because it was closer to what they were intended, I like RE1 even though is different, I stop playing the games after Code Veronica, so the newer movies might be close to the newer games, maybe that's why I have such a hard time thinking RE3 and 4 were not huge piles of pure crap,

Extinction was completely its own thing, too Mad Max. Afterlife borrowed and twisted a lot from RE5. By the looks of it, Retribution is doing its own thing again like Extinction.

Just leave it alone . I had this arguments plenty of times and I gave up long ago. So back on topic so I'm hearing a rumor Alice has a daughter ?

Alice will encounter a clone of her daughter (who has been long dead). People are speculating that at some point in time Alice had a family that ended up being killed thanks to Umbrella and that is why she starts working for them and is so willing to help Lisa (Matt's sister) get evidence of Umbrella's evil doings in the first movie. It kind of reminds me of the storyline for the character "Trent" in the Resident Evil novels that S.D. Perry wrote.

Alice will encounter a clone of her daughter (who has been long dead). People are speculating that at some point in time Alice had a family that ended up being killed thanks to Umbrella and that is why she starts working for them and is so willing to help Lisa (Matt's sister) get evidence of Umbrella's evil doings in the first movie. It kind of reminds me of the storyline for the character "Trent" in the Resident Evil novels that S.D. Perry wrote.

well, Also Rain, Michelle rodriguez was saying that she had to play a regular person, wearing high heels or what not, and that there will be good and bad versions of everyone that makes me wonder if everyone that works for Umbrella is clones from other people, regular people, clones that were trained or something, so that even the original rain and alice and carlos were clones from the start, I mean, sounds stupid, but that's how stupid this is looking to , I dont know

Just make Wesker lean out of the way of gunfire WAY more like he does in the games , add a little black smoke when he does it instead of that wierd version in afterlife, and I'll be...a little happier. I don't get how they screwed that up in afterlife. The way he dodged just looked so...funky in it.

^^^ Trent was pretty cool. More of a schemer than Wesker, in the novels.

I totally forgot about Trent. Haven't read the RE novels in quite some time. Wasn't a huge fan of the novels that wern't based on the games like Caliban Cove (that one had zombies with machine guns if I recall) but the game based novels were a fun read. I may re-read them soon. I was always a lil' bummed an RE4 based novel was never written.

A bit of new info describing a scene at wondercon. Also briefly explains the "flashback scenes".

At WonderCon today, Paul W.S. Anderson and Milla Jovivich were on hand to promote Resident Evil: Retribution, the fifth film in the successful franchise.

The film's previously released teaser trailer was shown (see below), as was the debut of a big action scene from the film. In the scene, Alice (Jovivich) runs down a stark white corridor. She's holding a gun and has chains linked to both her wrists, indicating she's just broken free from captivity.

A single female zombie runs at her, and Alice turns and uses the chains as weapons, whipping them forward and knocking the zombie down, as one by one, more and more enter the room. What follows was a highly stylized and fun scene, as Alice uses the combo of the chains, the gun and her body to take out the zombies.

One highlight was a zombie leaping at her, as she slides beneath him, shooting him as he flies over. Things get even more audacious when she runs out of ammo and takes out a new clip, only to be rushed by a zombie, sending her clip flying into the air. Alice discharges her empty clip and kicks it hard, into the face of the zombie. She then catches her full clip, loads it (while snapping the neck of a zombie!) and goes back to shooting. In one very fun shot, we see the POV of a zombie she's knocked to the ground as she shoots it in the head and blood splatters the camera.

Finally, the only zombie left "alive" is the very first one who came at Alice. They walk towards each other and the zombie opens her mouth, with it transforming into a large, maw-like opening. Alice aims her gun forward (at the camera) and shoots, the bullet flying forward (in 3D, of course)… and end of scene.

Anderson noted he "wanted to take this franchise global" and how they shot across the world, including sequences in Times Square and Red Square. He also revealed Retribution picks up directly after the events of the last film, with "an epic battle on the Arcadia" before going to "a very unusual and unexpected place."

He also noted that, as the trailer hints, we will see the world before the infection, allowing the, "Return of a lot of classic characters from both the Resident Evil videos games and films." It's not clear if Michelle Rodriguez only appears in these flashbacks, as Anderson said, "She's a big part of this movie."

Anderson and Jovivich mentioned what a huge Call of Duty player Rodriguez is and the challenge of getting her to put down the controller and "put a real machine gun in her hand," as Anderson put it. Jovivich laughed that they'd be asking for Rodriguez to come to set and she'd exclaim, "No man, I'm about to beat this Belgian dude!"

While Anderson and Jovivich said there was no guarantee of a sixth film until they see how this one does, Anderson did say, "This is very much the beginning of the end," and that Retribution was intended as the penultimate chapter. "This movie sets up what we hope is a specular finale."

Anderson laughed that in the discussed Resident Evil 6, "Lots of people die." To which Jovivich replied, "Except me, right?"

This part in particular has me concerned...Please don't be time travel :lol

He also revealed Retribution picks up directly after the events of the last film, with "an epic battle on the Arcadia" before going to "a very unusual and unexpected place."

https://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1221023p1.html

Last edited:
Yep,
panel was great!
The footage was absolutely amazing!!
It's the BEST Alice fighting scene in all of the series, and pretty much one of the best female kicking ass scenes ever... seriously!

Some pics of the panel...
Milla is gorgeous!!! :drool

P3172823.jpg

P3172824.jpg

P3172815.jpg

P3172818.jpg

Back