Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he had a some what decent overall style, I wouldn't have an issue with him.

If he made any effort to make his films look decent at all, instead of generic rip-off crap, I would give him a smidge of respect.

I don't hate him. But, the dude needs to step his ____ up.

Here is the funny thing. Despite what people say about his style, I think he is the one being ripped off. In Mortal Kombat you can already see his choice of camera work and fast pace editing and it is looking more like people are only doing it after he starts doing it.

If we go back even further, it looks like he is very inspired by HK action movies and he is just emulating them, like lots of other movies.

To me, he definitely has a distinctive style and flavor and it works for what he is doing. His remake of Death Race is actually very very good and shockingly violent. Sure it lacked the political message of the original but I don't miss that.

I almost forgot Soldier. I thought it was a underrated Kurt Russel movie.

Ironic. I say the same thing about every RE game from RE4 on. :lol

Indeed, not to mention no Umbrella.

Fans still bought all those games. If the fans would stop buying the games without zombies we would get zombies back. Hopefully RE6 will be better.

I think their really just zombie movies with the Resident Evil logo slapped on them

not even, not even real zombie movies, more like dark/horror superhero movies with some zombies as the foe And the Umbrella logo thrown on them.... :wink1:
(seriously, the only thing left for Alice to do is to fly, like Neo, that's it, that's the only thing left)

Here is the funny thing. Despite what people say about his style, I think he is the one being ripped off. In Mortal Kombat you can already see his choice of camera work and fast pace editing and it is looking more like people are only doing it after he starts doing it.

If we go back even further, it looks like he is very inspired by HK action movies and he is just emulating them, like lots of other movies.

To me, he definitely has a distinctive style and flavor and it works for what he is doing. His remake of Death Race is actually very very good and shockingly violent. Sure it lacked the political message of the original but I don't miss that.

I almost forgot Soldier. I thought it was a underrated Kurt Russel movie.

That style was coined by Michael Bay. However, both Bad Boys and Mortal Kombat came out in 95. But I think Bay was doing the fast editing style stuff in his commercials first.

He does not have a standard style. I have seen, and actually looked into every one of his movies. And aside from being bad ( sometimes, Death Race was kinda fun, and I love Event Horizon), he has nothing in his films that go "Oh wow, this must be a Paul WS Anderson flick!"

And, despite what your opinion is on his films, you can easily tell what a Bay movie looks like.

Same with Scoressee, and Spielberg, but I really don't want to add those guys into this discussion. :lol

I mean, it's one thing to adapt to the content of the film, but it's another to do wacky things that have no business being in that said film. I've never played a Resident Evil game, but i'm sure you don't have the main character using super powers, and jumping around in slow motion like The Matrix.

I don't hate the man. He did ruin my two favorite film franchises. But he also gave me CP...:lol. So I don't know. The first Resident Evil is alright. Afterlife was awful. Even worse then the other two.

Im just sick of the whole matrix card they keep playing aswell. They keep ripping it off with the leather suits and slow motion. I mean Paul W s should really extend his talent instead of focuses.

That style was coined by Michael Bay. However, both Bad Boys and Mortal Kombat came out in 95. But I think Bay was doing the fast editing style stuff in his commercials first.

He does not have a standard style. I have seen, and actually looked into every one of his movies. And aside from being bad ( sometimes, Death Race was kinda fun, and I love Event Horizon), he has nothing in his films that go "Oh wow, this must be a Paul WS Anderson flick!"

And, despite what your opinion is on his films, you can easily tell what a Bay movie looks like.

Same with Scoressee, and Spielberg, but I really don't want to add those guys into this discussion. :lol

I mean, it's one thing to adapt to the content of the film, but it's another to do wacky things that have no business being in that said film. I've never played a Resident Evil game, but i'm sure you don't have the main character using super powers, and jumping around in slow motion like The Matrix.

I don't hate the man. He did ruin my two favorite film franchises. But he also gave me CP...:lol. So I don't know. The first Resident Evil is alright. Afterlife was awful. Even worse then the other two.

That is precisely the problem. You should really play the games and you see a lot of super power characters and jumping around in slow motion like The Matrix. Even the games have changed.

Capcom did it first. Lol blame them for copying the matrix. Leaving thread now. Hahaha same discussions.

That is precisely the problem. You should really play the games and you see a lot of super power characters and jumping around in slow motion like The Matrix. Even the games have changed.

Is the main character super powered though?

And now you gave me a reason to not play the games. Thanks. Blah.

Capcom did it first. Lol blame them for copying the matrix. Leaving thread now. Hahaha same discussions.

But they did though. Black leather, slow motion, they even stole that shot from Reloaded and put it in Afterlife.

There's no getting around that.

ToBeContinued.jpg

Is the main character super powered though?

And now you gave me a reason to not play the games. Thanks. Blah.

The games arent bad, dont let what people say turn you off from the games. I dont know why people are saying that the movies were heavily influenced by the games when they weren't. Wesker did some matrix stuff in Code veronica but that was understadable since his body was faster and more agile due to the virus that the tyrant gave him. Aside from RE5, resident evil never was over the top action nor did it have cliche matrix scenes. Cliche horror maybe but they never had over did the action in the older games.

PS. non of the characters were overpowered. Except Leon and Chris in RE 4 and 5. Leon in some ways and chris in alot of ways becuase of his roid rage lol.

Last edited:
The games arent bad, dont let what people say turn you off from the games. I dont know why people are saying that the movies were heavily influenced by the games when they weren't. Wesker did some matrix stuff in Code veronica but that was understadable since his body was faster and more agile due to the virus that the tyrant gave him. Aside from RE5, resident evil never was over the top action nor did it have cliche matrix scenes. Cliche horror maybe but they never had over did the action in the older games.

PS. non of the characters were overpowered. Except Leon and Chris in RE 4 and 5. Leon in some ways and chris in alot of ways becuase of his roid rage lol.

Tyrant didn't give Wesker the virus, Birkin did that. All 13 Wesker children were administered the Progenitor Virus (or variation of it). Wesker "dying" from the Tyrant was a ploy used to make everyone believe he was dead, including Umbrella.

Back