Ringwraith Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to wait for the life-sized version

wetanazgulru9.jpg

My god, I saw this pic and almost soiled myself :monkey5 :monkey5

I dont have any LSB's but this one looks quite nice, I just might have to add it to the 4 things I have on preorder now, Sideshow is going to break me I think.

It sure makes it hard to justify going out to a bar and dropping a buncha cash on drinking and partying, when I could have stayed home and bought even MORE cool things from Sideshow. Hmm, not sure the partying is as expensive as this hobby tho :p

I don't see the problem with that at all. No one complained about it on Gandalf.

In fact, I kind of like it. :D

Me too Robodad, I think its classy the way it sweeps down into the base :D

But with Gandalf, Robodad the bust doesn't taper into the genie effect like the WK bust does, not that it matters but someone is sure to point that out to you!

Last edited:

But with Gandalf, Robodad the bust doesn't taper into the genie effect like the WK bust does, not that it matters but someone is sure to point that out to you!

...lol...I was about too...to me, the genie effect cheapens the piece.

Well, it does and it doesn't. It does taper just as much as the Wiki (at least mine does), but they added a short post between the base and the sculpted robe, so maybe it doesn't look quite as pronounced. I wonder if they were to add that short post to the Wiki, if it would address peoples' concern?

Well, it does and it doesn't. It does taper just as much as the Wiki (at least mine does), but they added a short post between the base and the sculpted robe, so maybe it doesn't look quite as pronounced. I wonder if they were to add that short post to the Wiki, if it would address peoples' concern?

I would think so. Personally it doesn't bother me but maybe they should all have the same design as it can help when displaying them side by side maybe? Anyway can't wait for the GTG bust either, it looks amazing!!

I don't see how it will but some people are really picky!:huh

I think the problem is SS started this line by giving us theme-related bases such as the "mordor" base for the ML and Sauron, and the "moria " base for the balrog and CT. These bases and the nameplates added a really nice touch to this line and now that it appears SS is going with these generic, no nameplate bases that completely lack any form of creativity, some of feel as though we are getting "ripped off" [for lack of a better term ]. You'll have a hard time convincing me the WK and ringwraith busts wouldn't have looked better with bases that include a nameplate and a weathertop-theme. Instead of SS trying to save a few bucks on the prodution cost I would have much prefered paying a few bucks extra myself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think the problem is SS started this line by giving us theme-related bases such as the "mordor" base for the ML and Sauron, and the "moria " base for the balrog and CT. These bases and the nameplates added a really nice touch to this line and now that it appears SS is going with these generic, no nameplate bases that completely lack any form of creativity, some of feel as though we are getting "ripped off" [for lack of a better term ]. You'll have a hard time convincing me the WK and ringwraith busts wouldn't have looked better with bases that include a nameplate and a weathertop-theme. Instead of SS trying to save a few bucks on the prodution cost I would have much prefered paying a few bucks extra myself. :rolleyes:

Even though I'm not a fan of the ring-shaped base, I don't think this is the case. The ring-shape might just be chosen because the Ringwraiths are drawn to the One Ring and the person wearing it. Therefor it would be a very suitable base for two of those characters.

Even though I'm not a fan of the ring-shaped base, I don't think this is the case. The ring-shape might just be chosen because the Ringwraiths are drawn to the One Ring and the person wearing it. Therefor it would be a very suitable base for two of those characters.

Still doesn't explain why we didn't get nameplates for gandalf, the WK and [ I suspect]the ringwraith. It's also the same base we got for gandalf and he certainly wasn't drawn to the ring as were the forces of evil. Were not the ML and Sauron drawn to the ring? Yet they still got themed-related bases and nameplates According to the books every bad guy and his brother were drawn to the ring, so I guess we might as well get used to seeing this base alot more often in the future.

Nothing would have been more appropriate than to have a weathertop-themed base for this character.

Still doesn't explain why we didn't get nameplates for gandalf, the WK and [ I suspect]the ringwraith. It's also the same base we got for gandalf and he certainly wasn't drawn to the ring as were the forces of evil. Were not the ML and Sauron drawn to the ring? Yet they still got themed-related bases and nameplates According to the books every bad guy and his brother were drawn to the ring, so I guess we might as well get used to seeing this base alot more often in the future.

Nothing would have been more appropriate than to have a weathertop-themed base for this character.

True, you got a point there.:cool:

The CT base is the single greatest base I have seen on ANY collectible, 1:1 or otherwise; it is AWESOME!

:clap

I think that Gandalf will be the only piece from this line that makes it into my collection. As for the Ringwraith, I like the angle of the sword better on the LSB than the GG mini-bust. It looks more sinister:

gg20lotr20ringwraith20btj6.jpg
011008wraith.jpg

Back