Ringwraith Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Gandalf will be the only piece from this line that makes it into my collection. As for the Ringwraith, I like the angle of the sword better on the LSB than the GG mini-bust. It looks more sinister...

I agree, although the GG bust is no slouch either. I'm going to love having BOTH of them in my collection.

Just a couple of random thoughts. First, I am actually kind of glad we are getting the Ring base, since I haven't collected any of the LSB busts prior to Gandalf, so I like the consistency. Second, I wonder if the change has anything to do with the fact that these are smaller in scale. One thing I think some people may not have noticed about the Wiki bust is that the height listed on the product page is 15 inches, but I'm fairly certain that includes the crown. That should make him about the same scale as Gandalf, and I would bet that the Ringwraith will be the same. That is much smaller than the scale of the other LOTR LSBs.

In any case, I like the base design, and I don't have a problem with what some call the genie effect (I don't really see it that way anyway), and I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.

Just a couple of random thoughts. First, I am actually kind of glad we are getting the Ring base, since I haven't collected any of the LSB busts prior to Gandalf, so I like the consistency. Second, I wonder if the change has anything to do with the fact that these are smaller in scale. One thing I think some people may not have noticed about the Wiki bust is that the height listed on the product page is 15 inches, but I'm fairly certain that includes the crown. That should make him about the same scale as Gandalf, and I would bet that the Ringwraith will be the same. That is much smaller than the scale of the other LOTR LSBs.

In any case, I like the base design, and I don't have a problem with what some call the genie effect (I don't really see it that way anyway), and I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.

I didn't notice indeed, and I never saw them along each other. I'm just hoping this piece won't be tied up around the middle now, since that's the real thing about the wiki-bust. I also loved the GTG, except for his pose. That was the only reason I didn't order one...

Last edited:

I too like consistency, which is why I want themed bases. Four of the first five busts produced have them and since I have collected all of them so far I would much prefer them. This not a deal breaker for me, just disappointing that SS would go the cheaper, less creative, more generic route. I have noticed that the ML, CT, and balrog busts were all sculpted by the incredible Steve West so perhaps this is something that he alone is doing, his own personal trademark. As for the only other bust with a themed base, Sauron, I'm not sure who sculpted it as there is no mention on the SS website.

That aside, I just think the themed bases add to and compliment the busts. Anyone who owns the CT bust knows exactly what I'm talking about :D

I wonder if the themed bases have something to do with scale/size? It appears to me that Gandalf, Wiki and Ringwraith are 1/3 scale while Sauron and the Morgul Lord are 1/2 scale. Not sure about the Cave Troll and Balrog but they are larger creatures. :huh

... I also loved the GTG, except for his pose. That was the only reason I didn't order one...

No offense, but I think the Gandalf the Grey LSB pose is probably the most iconic of ANY LOTR bust so far. I look at that bust and I can hear when Gandalf is fretting and talking to himself about how to handle the small task of what to do with the ring early on in FOTR.

...You'll have a hard time convincing me the WK and ringwraith busts wouldn't have looked better with bases that include a nameplate and a weathertop-theme. ... :rolleyes:

A weathertop themed base would have absolutely looked better. Maybe some stone and green grassy spots would have really added to it. Up until I read your recommendation, I didn't mind the existing bases.

But I still like the most recent busts because of price point rather than a $400 - $500 bust with cool bases, that I can neither afford nor find room for.

A weathertop themed base would have absolutely looked better. Maybe some stone and green grassy spots would have really added to it. Up until I read your recommendation, I didn't mind the existing bases.

But I still like the most recent busts because of price point rather than a $400 - $500 bust with cool bases, that I can neither afford nor find room for.

The busts with the themed bases ranged in price from $260 [ML] to $400 [Balrog] but these busts are all much larger and heavier than the ones without, so I don't think having a themed base played much of a role in the price of these busts.

A local dealer has a pre-order possibility for 180 Euro/$260.

He expects it september-october 2008.

According to him it will be 35 cm heigh.

I like it!

9222_press01-001.jpg

9222_press02-001.jpg

Gotta say, I do not need nameplates on ANYthing, though I've accepted the Nameplates on the PFs - But they don't use Daniel Reeve's "character" fonts that the first few LSBs use. I love what Daniel did for the films but I am NOT a fan of the Character fonts he made for Marketing; they look too cheesy, a factor that RARELY shows up in or about anything in THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

So I'm happy with the "Ring" base and the White or Black bottom section apparently designating Good and Evil!

EDIT: Actually I was completely wrong about that Gandalf and Lurtz nameplates, those ARE the logos for each, I guess they just aren't as distracting as, say, The Balrog, Cavetroll, etc. So expect those logos on future PFs but hopefully not on the LSBs.

Last edited:
Nice piece, but one I will probably wait to get later from a retailer or eBay.

I know a lot of you guys don't like the 'geanie effect' on the TWiki bust but I'm not in love with the sawed off look of this one. However, it's still freaking sweet! :rock

I know a lot of you guys don't like the 'geanie effect' on the TWiki bust but I'm not in love with the sawed off look of this one. However, it's still freaking sweet! :rock

I was thinking the same thing. It almost looks like it's missing a piece of it if looking at a certain angle. I still ordered

Nice piece, but one I will probably wait to get later from a retailer or eBay.

Definitely a better choice, there's no excl. so why pay more than you have to :confused: Awesome looking bust though, IMO the best representation we've ever seen :monkey5

Back