Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM FO

Wow! The custom capes looks great! Best of both worlds for sure. I still prefer sculpted but it's nice to own both and switch them out here and there. Great job as always!

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIU...

Great display's my friend Andy ;)

Thanks as ever Adam :hi5:

Can't wait for my LOD as well. :) I'm excited what PCS1/3 scale goin to release.

Have your ordered the PCS Lord of Darkness statue aswell Angelica? :horror WoW awesome :clap So happy to have grabbed one of the exclusive 250 pieces :yess: The statue is gonna look amazing and will complete my Lord of Darkness Collection :)

8evuqavu.jpg

evygyvy9.jpg

tese2u2a.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM FO

heaps better with those capes andy..how it should have been.

Wow! The custom capes looks great! Best of both worlds for sure. I still prefer sculpted but it's nice to own both and switch them out here and there. Great job as always!

Hey CBG, thanks for stopping by bro :hi5: Yea, that's exactly the reason I've ordered these capes to give me the best of both worlds :) I figured that they are both keepers for my collection so what better way than to pimp each one out to the max in terms of display able options :) thanks for your comments my friend :duff

heaps better with those capes andy..how it should have been.

Thanks buddy :hi5 glad you like it :) should take another few days to have them made so hopefully will be with me in the next week or so :)

That picture reminds me of how exquisite the LoD is...and yes I was lucky to order myself. Btw, isn't the es150 not 250? :D

That picture reminds me of how exquisite the LoD is...and yes I was lucky to order myself. Btw, isn't the es150 not 250? :D

What was I thinking!!!! :slap You are totally correct Angelica :exactly: WOW...150 ES...that is fantastic. Not sure where I got 250 from? Maybe thinking about the ES of the Lifesize bust maybe :dunno :lol

But yea...I was about 18 years old when I first watched the movie Legend and by then I was already a massive fan of the classic 80's/90's fantasy movies such as Krull, Sinbad, Neverending Story, Labyrinth, Willow, etc...to name but a few...but I just loved Legend that much more because of the Lord of Darkness character :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CAPES FOR THE BATMAN + SUPES P

The capes look perfect Andy, can't wait to see pics of when u get your ones. :yess:
Personally, I think if the statue is mixed media to begin with then it should have a cloth cape. I think sculpted capes should only go on fully sculpted statues.

Hey Steve, totally missed this post buddy :( my apologies :1-1: Great points in regards to the capes although some do like their statues not 100% mixed media and so the sculpted cape kinda breaks up the fabric slightly to make it look more theatrical I guess :dunno For me personally, I love both ideas...hence why I've opted to have both options on my PF's :lol and both fabric and sculpted are equally just as good as each other in my opinion :)

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM...

Not a new purchase but I've had this piece in my collection for quite a while now and haven't updated my thread with pics so managed to get some photos done a few weeks ago :) It's the old classic, Indiana Jones ROTLA Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles....'I hate Snakes!!!!' :gah: "Okey Dokey Dr. Jones, hold on to your potatoes!!!" :lol :lol

As a massive fan of the first two Indy films growing up as a kid in the 80's, this PF was one of the first ones on my hit list back when I first started collecting and so managed to bag this Regular Edition for around $300 on eBay and happy to say it was BNIB condition :) I think if I remember correctly, I was a little worried about which Indy would turn up as I heard that a number of the these ROTLA PF's had been painted with very dark skin :horror thankfully mine turned up a little tanned but nothing as bad as some of the darker tones I'd seen :lol I mean, what were Sideshow thinking? :dunno

The statue itself is a fantastic sculpt with great usage of the mixed media...when I thought about which Indy to get (as there was also the TOD PF version also) I opted to go with the ROTLA PF just because the pose with the golden idol is so iconic and overall the statue is just undeniably Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones down to a tee :) Not to take anything away from the TOD PF as that one is yet another fantastic rendition of Indy but this time in a more action pose which goes so well with the Mola Ram companion PF :)

So back to the ROTLA PF and this piece consists of a removable bag, for which you can add a few rocks if you like just to bulk it out a little (optional), a removable whip, the golden idol and a removable hand gun so there's lots of good things going on which you can pose to how you'd like it to look. I believe the Exclusive Edition came with the removable alternate head which came without the hat but in all honesty, I remember Indiana with the hat on so the EX wasn't a major thing to miss out on. However, unlike the Exclusive Edition, on the regular version the head was permanently attached and so couldn't be removed :( Again, the Mixed Media tailoring is fantastic on this piece...from my experience, only the original Red Skull Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles is better, but what you get with Indy are the trousers, belt, shirt and jacket all sewn to perfection although one other noticeable flaw that was seen on this particular piece was the flaking of the jacket cuffs...which despite not showing on mine yet, I can tell that if i was to rub the cuffs together quite firmly that the same flaw would indeed happen to mine so that's something to definitely beware of.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of space and also with new pieces on the way that i think are better than this Indy PF, I'm having to sell it off and already have a deal agreed for it so just waiting for the deal to be completed before sending him to a new home :) Still, ideally i would've loved to have kept him and also collected the TOD PF to display alongside as i still think these two PF's are still the best Indiana Jones collectibles ever...

f7f630d9bf17c0e448d349176f6d0003.jpg

324eb2ac36d7e8d708c935336473bbc4.jpg

555cc6d31e997870608cff5758da2f2a.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM...

Not a new purchase but I've had this piece in my collection for quite a while now and haven't updated my thread with pics so managed to get some photos done a few weeks ago :) It's the old classic, Indiana Jones ROTLA Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles....'I hate Snakes!!!!' :gah: "Okey Dokey Dr. Jones, hold on to your potatoes!!!" :lol :lol

As a massive fan of the first two Indy films growing up as a kid in the 80's, this PF was one of the first ones on my hit list back when I first started collecting and so managed to bag this Regular Edition for around $300 on eBay and happy to say it was BNIB condition :) I think if I remember correctly, I was a little worried about which Indy would turn up as I heard that a number of the these ROTLA PF's had been painted with very dark skin :horror thankfully mine turned up a little tanned but nothing as bad as some of the darker tones I'd seen :lol I mean, what were Sideshow thinking? :dunno

Well having darker tan skin is better than having that yellow skin tone like the Dutch PF has and it appears that the MOS PF has it to. :(

The statue itself is a fantastic sculpt with great usage of the mixed media...when I thought about which Indy to get (as there was also the TOD PF version also) I opted to go with the ROTLA PF just because the pose with the golden idol is so iconic and overall the statue is just undeniably Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones down to a tee :) Not to take anything away from the TOD PF as that one is yet another fantastic rendition of Indy but this time in a more action pose which goes so well with the Mola Ram companion PF :)

Yeah no one can sculpt Ford better than Trevor. Hot Toys Han Solo is not too bad but doesn't capture the core likeness of Ford like Trevor's sculpts do.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of space and also with new pieces on the way that i think are better than this Indy PF, I'm having to sell it off and already have a deal agreed for it so just waiting for the deal to be completed before sending him to a new home :) Still, ideally i would've loved to have kept him and also collected the TOD PF to display alongside as i still think these two PF's are still the best Indiana Jones collectibles ever produced....

View attachment 142138

View attachment 142139

View attachment 142140

That sucks how you have to sell it off as it is a really good piece but I can understand why you have to do it.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM FOR

That Indy is freaking AWESOME

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM FOR

Looking at your Indy pics I forgot how nice that PF actually was. I sold mine along time ago.

I adored the Indy movies growing up, such a shame the 4th movie was so bad. One day I'm hoping to add a Indiana back into my collection. I can imagine a Blitzway 1/3 Indy being amazing, judging from there Bruce Lee statues

Well I finally caught up with your thread once again :thud: You just keep motoring along man :lol

Great stuff Andy,

Loved all the accessories for Deadpool I think they were all awesome and your pics were cool too

The droids new base was fantastic, it gave it a really cool retro vibe

Enter the DRAGON!!!! Don't even need to say anything here it's just damn cool :lol

LOVED Loved the capes for Supes and Bats, amazing additions for those statues and thanks for sharing those I loved seeing the mods and can't wait to see your pics for that.

LOD, 250 pieces only nice catch. I know he's one of your favourites, I havn't watched Legend for far too long I must revisit that film

Last but not least Indy, well who doen't love the original Indy. He looks great I love the wear on the shoes too great detail.

I think that covers it! If I missed any it's because this thread is too stimulating for collectors (I couldn't take it all in) :lol

OH THE IM Backdrop almost forgot :slap Coming along really well are you getting close to finishing that one?

killer collection that just gets better and better. Where the heck do you put all this stuff ?!?

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC INDIANA JONES 'ROTLA' PREMIUM...

Looking at your Indy pics I forgot how nice that PF actually was. I sold mine along time ago.

I adored the Indy movies growing up, such a shame the 4th movie was so bad. One day I'm hoping to add a Indiana back into my collection. I can imagine a Blitzway 1/3 Indy being amazing, judging from there Bruce Lee statues

Hey Steve....yea, its a really great piece although some will say the TOD PF is better. Again, its all about opinions which is the beauty of this hobby but for me, the ROTLA version just oozed the iconic Indiana Jones look :)

I certainly hope that in the future we'll see companies like Sideshow using the same techniques as Blitzway are using to recreate some amazing liknesses...I'm surprised that they haven't started already to be honest :dunno

Well having darker tan skin is better than having that yellow skin tone like the Dutch PF has and it appears that the MOS PF has it to. :(

Yeah no one can sculpt Ford better than Trevor. Hot Toys Han Solo is not too bad but doesn't capture the core likeness of Ford like Trevor's sculpts do.

That sucks how you have to sell it off as it is a really good piece but I can understand why you have to do it.

Hey Steve, thanks for your feedback buddy :) Yea, I always think in most cases with Premium Formats, painting skin colours always seems to be problematic....I think that was shown lately with the Sonia PF if i'm not mistaken. Going back to Indy though and although mine doesn't appear to be too bad, you should see some of the ones I've seen...I mean its crazy! Looks like he'd been in a sunbed for like a week!!!! :lol :lol

Yea, its sad to see him go and only recently when taking those pics on the last page, I was actually tempted to keep him cos I love the movies :( but with so much more coming this year and next, I've had to really shift a few pieces that originally I was intent on keeping. This Indy was one of them, i've just sold my Kneeling Darth Vader statue by Gentle Giant (which I loved by the way and i'll be posting pics of that one later this week) and my final piece from collection to get the chop is my Lord of Darkness Premium Format :horror Figured that with the PCS 1/3 Scale version coming next year, I wont be needing the PG any longer so will have to get that out the box this weekend and get some snaps taken before he goes up for sale :)

Wow wow looks great and very nice photos :) :clap Congrats.

That Indy is a cool looking PF...I always forget these exist! Too bad you have to let him go, but, onward and upward!

Hey Steve, thanks for your feedback buddy :) Yea, I always think in most cases with Premium Formats, painting skin colours always seems to be problematic....I think that was shown lately with the Sonia PF if i'm not mistaken. Going back to Indy though and although mine doesn't appear to be too bad, you should see some of the ones I've seen...I mean its crazy! Looks like he'd been in a sunbed for like a week!!!! :lol :lol

I can imagine.

Yea, its sad to see him go and only recently when taking those pics on the last page, I was actually tempted to keep him cos I love the movies :( but with so much more coming this year and next, I've had to really shift a few pieces that originally I was intent on keeping. This Indy was one of them, i've just sold my Kneeling Darth Vader statue by Gentle Giant (which I loved by the way and i'll be posting pics of that one later this week) and my final piece from collection to get the chop is my Lord of Darkness Premium Format :horror Figured that with the PCS 1/3 Scale version coming next year, I wont be needing the PG any longer so will have to get that out the box this weekend and get some snaps taken before he goes up for sale :)

Oh cool can't wait to see that!

Big congrats for Indy my friend Andy ;)

Damn Andy, I would so buy both of those from you lol. rotla and tod are my favorite Indy movies and I will have these someday. I agree that the Rotla is the iconic version but I like the look of Tod. Kali Mah!

Back