Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM CAPES FOR BATMAN AND SUPES PF

Wow the panel working is priceless. Super job my friend. Again this collection you have is priceless!

Very kind words CBG :hi5: thanks a lot bro :)

Of course man. I'm glad your on instagram. I'm on that all the time and the pics are so much more organized. Normally when I come to your thread there's like 20 pages to soft through bro. Your quite the popular guy so I get to see all your awesome pics much easier now. Works out well for me bro.

Yea, never knew about Instagram until a few weeks ago and like you said, its a much more organised way of getting ones pics up of their collections :) Plus as you know, Facebook is also becoming more and more popular for us collectors too. Again, I was another late starter to the collector groups but its a great way of sourcing new information about new releases, pics of collections and generally good banter :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM CAPES FOR BATMAN AND SUPES PF

Okay so how long til we see it all up. The anticipation is killin' me man. Its like an anticipated PO lol. Give us an ETA

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Okay so how long til we see it all up. The anticipation is killin' me man. Its like an anticipated PO lol. Give us an ETA

:lol hey bro, missed you on the forums :( have you been away? Should have some final assembled pics by the end of this week but I doubt I'll recieve it inhand until another 2 weeks :( got a cool update tomorrow regarding the Batman and Superman PF's which I've ordered some very cool custom fabric capes to give me an option between fabric and fully sculpted :rock

:lol hey bro, missed you on the forums :( have you been away? Should have some final assembled pics by the end of this week but I doubt I'll recieve it inhand until another 2 weeks :( got a cool update tomorrow regarding the Batman and Superman PF's which I've ordered some very cool custom fabric capes to give me an option between fabric and fully sculpted :rock

Yeah man I have :) wife and I celebrated our one year early and did a road trip for a week. Got back Saturday but started catching up Sunday and made a post or two throughout the week when I could get WiFi but stuck to the smaller posts because the bigger threads needed waaaay too much catching up.

Didn't know you picked those up, hope they look good man. And yeah I can wait a few weeks to see that bad boy up and looking the right way. Damn bro you make us all Jelly but dude we can always live vicariously Lol :)

Dude on a side note, you picking up the Scorpion 1/3?

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM CAPES FOR BATMAN AND SUPE...

Yeah man I have :) wife and I celebrated our one year early and did a road trip for a week. Got back Saturday but started catching up Sunday and made a post or two throughout the week when I could get WiFi but stuck to the smaller posts because the bigger threads needed waaaay too much catching up.

Didn't know you picked those up, hope they look good man. And yeah I can wait a few weeks to see that bad boy up and looking the right way. Damn bro you make us all Jelly but dude we can always live vicariously Lol :)

Dude on a side note, you picking up the Scorpion 1/3?

Cool :) Glad you had a great vacation bro! Definitely needed at least twice or 3 times a year I say...just to recharge the batteries and have some quality time together. That's what the wife and I used to do until the kids came along ;) :lol nowadays its all about walks in the park, clowntown and funparks!!! :slap hahaha I love it really :) At the moment we're waiting for another 3 or 4 years once the kids are a little more grown up and make our way down to Orlando Florida and Disney World :rock I've been to the Florida Disney World about two times now and have to say that Universal Studios is just the best place I've ever been to!!! :rock2 I'm like a big kid at heart! :lol The Euro Disneyworld in Paris was not so good...have been there twice also but only at Christmas time so that the kids can meet the favourite characters on Christmas Day and for them nothing beats receiving a Christmas present from Mickey Mouse on Christmas Day!!! :rock

In regards to the Supes and Bats custom capes, I haven't received them yet :( but have got my order in with Dan (Dynamic Menace) who's kindly agreed to make them for me. I'll have pics posted up later on today for those that haven't seen them :) Still undecided as to what I prefer best in regards to fully sculpted or fabric capes but it'll be a nice option to have when it comes to displaying these guys.

Yea, PCS's 1/3 Scorpion looks killer bro! :rock and have to say that I have been pretty tempted indeed. Love the pose, the musculature and the switch out Skull head....BUT...I just don't have any love for the Mortal Kombat line :( Don't know what it is but you guys in Canada and the US go nuts for MK and SF collectibles...I don't think the same passion is shared over here in the UK or at least if it does then its a small minority...shame cos it does looks great. I take it your getting it bro?

9u7erejy.jpg

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM CAPES FOR BATMAN AND SUPE...

Quick update guys and this one came about after seeing some great custom work on the Batman and Superman PF capes by Dan (Dynamic Menace) from over at the SF.

Now from day 1 of ordering the Batman PF, I was one of those who wasn't immediately liking the design of his sculpted cape...certain parts of it seemed to look weird, no more so that the odd shape above Batmans right shoulder?! :huh I just felt that it could have been done much better and with it inhand, its okay but I still would've liked something similar to the kotobukiya Batman cape design maybe which I think looks awesome!

pytazuze.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm a hater of sculpted capes....far from it. I love the sculpted cape on my Sideshow Comic Thor PF and more recently I really like the Superman PF cape too...for me those sculpted capes worked as the flow looked pretty realistic but the Batman one just didn't flow correctly for me.

So once I was shown Dan's work on customising Fabric capes for his Batman and Superman PF's I was very intrigued...especially for Batman. Once he had completed a few different cape designs which I really like, I decided to ask him to kindly make one of these custom capes for both Batman and Superman. Now as much as I love my Superman sculpted cape, for me personally, its a right ****er to get on and take off...especially when you want to alternate between the Reg and the Exclusive heads :gah to this day I don't think I've even used the EX head, not cos I don't like it but in fear that i'll scratch the darn thing up when removing and re-assembling the cape! So seeing how very cool and natural Dan's custom Superman cape looked and also how easy he said it was to put on, I decided what the heck and ordered the Superman custom cape aswell :lol

Now these purchases I've made are soley for alternative display options and are not purchased to eliminate the sculpted capes completely...far from it. It's just that I'm the sort of collector who likes to stretch each piece to its maximum so if there's a possibility to modify something on the statue to make it look different or better then I love having that choice. I guess it kinda keeps the statue looking fresh so you can never get bored of looking at the same thing day in day out. So i'll definitely be alternating between the different capes for sure :)

Now for the Batman custom cape, Dan had to overcome the issue of filling in the missing left hand side shoulder part of the torso (which had been cut off due tot he shape of the sculpted cape) afterall, to simply place fabric over this missing shoulder part would just cause the cape to sink in where the gap is and wouldn't look at al realistic. So what he did was to resculpt the missing part of the shoulder so to complete the full shape and then this would sit into the area of where the original cape went. I think he did a great job as you can see from these pics...

tybyva4a.jpg

Once the left shoulder had been reworked then he could start working on fitting his fabric cape around the PF. Here are some of the various designs that he had come up with...

mara4eze.jpg

bageva8a.jpg

In the end, I opted for latter version which was my favourite. I was told by Dan that the cape will have some give on it so i'll be able to futz it slightly to my preference which was good to hear. So in all, I'm really looking forward to receiving mine as I think having a fabric cape certainly adds a totally fresh new look to the PF. Whether its as good as the sculpted cape is obviously down to personal preference but I like to think of it as having 2 great alternatives as to how I'd like my Bats PF to look ;)

Now Superman's custom cape is a much more simpler task as there are no missing shoulder parts like we saw with the Batman PF so this is a pure straight swap for the sculpted cape but a heck of a lot easier to put on! :lol As mentioned earlier, I think the sculpted cape on Superman looks awesome but I really fell in love with Dan's custom fabric cape and how it just completes the whole mixed media look of the statue...

2umedugu.jpg

e3y5e5a5.jpg

However, once I've received both of these custom capes which will hopefully be in a few weeks time, I'd really like to try and take these capes one step further by adding some wire to them which in turn will hopefully allow me to have some fun with them and bust out some very cool cape poses, especially with the Superman cape as i'll have the freedom of the entire cape unlike the Batman custom cape which i'll be restricted to due to having the cape partly attached to the reworked shoulder :( So there they are guys, hopefully as soon as they arrive I'll be able to take some cool pics showing the comparisons between the fully sculpted capes and the custom fabric versions :) Thanks as ever for looking guys and would love to hear your thoughts as ever :wave

P.S. Remember guys, you can see pretty much all the pictures taken from this entire thread of my collection on my Instagram account which you can view by clicking on the Instagram icon on the left hand side of my post beneath my username and avatar :) :duff

P.P.S. Also a bonus update on the progression of the new alternate custom Deadpool PF Headsculpt which I think you'll agree is lookin awesome!!! :love

uqetereg.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CAPES FOR THE BATMAN + SUPES P

Oh lala!!! Woot!!! :hi5:
Those fabric cape looks much better than the originals! Way to go!!!

Andy, I have a question though:
Do you have at least 1 piece in ALL your collection that you didn't modify/custom? :p

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* REPAINTED G1 OPTIMUS PRIME LSF PI...

Another of my favourite displays is the Superman 1/6 scale Exclusive figure by Hot Toys. I wanted to recreate a enviroment/diorama based on the Solitude of Fortress and also incorporate the original base...i also made a custom display case for it also. Thanks for looking

ge4ababy.jpg

e7y4e6ut.jpg

Super cool! :rock

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CAPES FOR THE BATMAN + SUPES P

Wow, the fabric capes look SO much better. :clap Once you wire them, you'll have the best of both worlds. Can't wait to see what dynamic looks you come up with. :duff

Quick update guys and this one came about after seeing some great custom work on the Batman and Superman PF capes by Dan (Dynamic Menace) from over at the SF.

Now from day 1 of ordering the Batman PF, I was one of those who wasn't immediately liking the design of his sculpted cape...certain parts of it seemed to look weird, no more so that the odd shape above Batmans right shoulder?! :huh I just felt that it could have been done much better and with it inhand, its okay but I still would've liked something similar to the kotobukiya Batman cape design maybe which I think looks awesome!

pytazuze.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm a hater of sculpted capes....far from it. I love the sculpted cape on my Sideshow Comic Thor PF and more recently I really like the Superman PF cape too...for me those sculpted capes worked as the flow looked pretty realistic but the Batman one just didn't flow correctly for me.

So once I was shown Dan's work on customising Fabric capes for his Batman and Superman PF's I was very intrigued...especially for Batman. Once he had completed a few different cape designs which I really like, I decided to ask him to kindly make one of these custom capes for both Batman and Superman. Now as much as I love my Superman sculpted cape, for me personally, its a right ****er to get on and take off...especially when you want to alternate between the Reg and the Exclusive heads :gah to this day I don't think I've even used the EX head, not cos I don't like it but in fear that i'll scratch the darn thing up when removing and re-assembling the cape! So seeing how very cool and natural Dan's custom Superman cape looked and also how easy he said it was to put on, I decided what the heck and ordered the Superman custom cape aswell :lol

Now these purchases I've made are soley for alternative display options and are not purchased to eliminate the sculpted capes completely...far from it. It's just that I'm the sort of collector who likes to stretch each piece to its maximum so if there's a possibility to modify something on the statue to make it look different or better then I love having that choice. I guess it kinda keeps the statue looking fresh so you can never get bored of looking at the same thing day in day out. So i'll definitely be alternating between the different capes for sure :)

Now for the Batman custom cape, Dan had to overcome the issue of filling in the missing left hand side shoulder part of the torso (which had been cut off due tot he shape of the sculpted cape) afterall, to simply place fabric over this missing shoulder part would just cause the cape to sink in where the gap is and wouldn't look at al realistic. So what he did was to resculpt the missing part of the shoulder so to complete the full shape and then this would sit into the area of where the original cape went. I think he did a great job as you can see from these pics...

tybyva4a.jpg

Once the left shoulder had been reworked then he could start working on fitting his fabric cape around the PF. Here are some of the various designs that he had come up with...

mara4eze.jpg

bageva8a.jpg

In the end, I opted for latter version which was my favourite. I was told by Dan that the cape will have some give on it so i'll be able to futz it slightly to my preference which was good to hear. So in all, I'm really looking forward to receiving mine as I think having a fabric cape certainly adds a totally fresh new look to the PF. Whether its as good as the sculpted cape is obviously down to personal preference but I like to think of it as having 2 great alternatives as to how I'd like my Bats PF to look ;)

Now Superman's custom cape is a much more simpler task as there are no missing shoulder parts like we saw with the Batman PF so this is a pure straight swap for the sculpted cape but a heck of a lot easier to put on! :lol As mentioned earlier, I think the sculpted cape on Superman looks awesome but I really fell in love with Dan's custom fabric cape and how it just completes the whole mixed media look of the statue...

2umedugu.jpg

e3y5e5a5.jpg

However, once I've received both of these custom capes which will hopefully be in a few weeks time, I'd really like to try and take these capes one step further by adding some wire to them which in turn will hopefully allow me to have some fun with them and bust out some very cool cape poses, especially with the Superman cape as i'll have the freedom of the entire cape unlike the Batman custom cape which i'll be restricted to due to having the cape partly attached to the reworked shoulder :( So there they are guys, hopefully as soon as they arrive I'll be able to take some cool pics showing the comparisons between the fully sculpted capes and the custom fabric versions :) Thanks as ever for looking guys and would love to hear your thoughts as ever :wave

The capes look perfect Andy, can't wait to see pics of when u get your ones. :yess:

Personally, I think if the statue is mixed media to begin with then it should have a cloth cape. I think sculpted capes should only go on fully sculpted statues.

Oh lala!!! Woot!!! :hi5:
Those fabric cape looks much better than the originals! Way to go!!!

Andy, I have a question though:
Do you have at least 1 piece in ALL your collection that you didn't modify/custom? :p

Hey Drum18 your pre-order line up looks fantastic. Really great looking pieces. ;)

I prefer Supes with the sculpted cape. But that over the shoulder batman leather cape is phenomenal Andy! Knocked out of the park, once again!

very nice update my friend!

I love the custom batman cape. Simple yet imposing :)

Wow! perfect!!

I love the capes, especially now the original capes might cause leaning issues.

Congrats!:clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM CAPES FOR BATMAN AND SUPE...

Cool :) Glad you had a great vacation bro! Definitely needed at least twice or 3 times a year I say...just to recharge the batteries and have some quality time together. That's what the wife and I used to do until the kids came along ;) :lol nowadays its all about walks in the park, clowntown and funparks!!! :slap hahaha I love it really :) At the moment we're waiting for another 3 or 4 years once the kids are a little more grown up and make our way down to Orlando Florida and Disney World :rock I've been to the Florida Disney World about two times now and have to say that Universal Studios is just the best place I've ever been to!!! :rock2 I'm like a big kid at heart! :lol The Euro Disneyworld in Paris was not so good...have been there twice also but only at Christmas time so that the kids can meet the favourite characters on Christmas Day and for them nothing beats receiving a Christmas present from Mickey Mouse on Christmas Day!!! :rock

In regards to the Supes and Bats custom capes, I haven't received them yet :( but have got my order in with Dan (Dynamic Menace) who's kindly agreed to make them for me. I'll have pics posted up later on today for those that haven't seen them :) Still undecided as to what I prefer best in regards to fully sculpted or fabric capes but it'll be a nice option to have when it comes to displaying these guys.

Yea, PCS's 1/3 Scorpion looks killer bro! :rock and have to say that I have been pretty tempted indeed. Love the pose, the musculature and the switch out Skull head....BUT...I just don't have any love for the Mortal Kombat line :( Don't know what it is but you guys in Canada and the US go nuts for MK and SF collectibles...I don't think the same passion is shared over here in the UK or at least if it does then its a small minority...shame cos it does looks great. I take it your getting it bro?

9u7erejy.jpg
Lmao same here. Font have kids yet but our plan to is to hang out together and travel as much until we have kids but I want a kid next year so the second I get a better job (like 60-80k) I'm knocking her up lol. Yeah man I'm a HUGE big kid, I still collect Disney movies on Blu ray and would love to see a resurgence of the Disney PFs Lol. Can't wait for children so I can 'kid out' with them.

I'm not that big a fan of SF OR MK and ppl here are because a LOT of us grew up on those games. I was like 7 when they first started coming out. I have a few characters I like but for the most part not that huge a fan. The only reason I'm getting this guy is because he looks so ****ing awesome/boss lol or BOSSOME!

But if I get him them I'm just climbing a slippery slope because you can't just stop at 1/3 Scorpion. Lol and god forbid when they release the SF Ryu :horror

Dude those capes look pretty cool. I like that they shortened Superman's cape too, wish Batman's started closer to the neck part of his head sculpt. Still looking awesome and I KNOW you're going to take it to the next step lol

BTW just saw that Reeve display for the first time and it looks pretty amazing man!

They look great andy. The batman one works well. Id be tempted to add a wire just to see how it looks...

Awesome bro

Really nice.

Interesting take on batman and superman.

Back