S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's unfortunate that discussion about children's toys gets you to a point of being this goddamned rude.

Deano and RKenshin have a blood feud that spans the ages. It's best we stay out of it.

And it's really unfortunate with Tekken that they've really never gotten a shake on decent 6" classed figures. Even with the PAK line, I bought Kazuya and Jun and they were hot garbage so I sold them within the next few weeks. It's a franchise with a hungry fandom for collectibles and NO ONE capitalizing on it.

There's such a market out there for Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. Hell I'm sure people would even buy Soul Caliber figures. Remember Primal Rage? That was the best thing about that game; they made figures to go along with it!

hqdefault (1).jpg

The only reason they did it for the power rangers is because they only had to use to different molds color them differently and change the head sculpt that's it.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

There is truth to that. I'd still prefer it. And yeah, I realize it's a fantasy, but at least I'm not going on and on and one about the things that require patience or things that seem like they 5 years away, eg. movie characters. Notice I never mentioned Bojack's team. They're forgettable. Salza's team is only mentionable because they're connected to Frieza, and the Ginyu force especially.

Deano and RKenshin have a blood feud that spans the ages. It's best we stay out of it.

I attribute it to the longstanding hatred between the Night's Watch and the Wildlings.

It's unfortunate that discussion about collector's figures gets you to a point of being this goddamned rude.

Just wanted to do a quick fix :)

There's such a market out there for Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. Hell I'm sure people would even buy Soul Caliber figures. Remember Primal Rage? That was the best thing about that game; they made figures to go along with it!

View attachment 196131

- I wish they'd just leave each other alone. It's wierd,

- absolutely... I guess for me the difference is that Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat have both seen toylines with some pretty darned decent figures (especially the SOTA SF figures... still amazing to date!)... Tekken's just never gotten that shake so I wish they finally would.

Just wanted to do a quick fix :)

I say this as a fan of these figures with a complete collection, but they're regular, plastic figures just like Marvel Legends that I could buy off of a retail shelf. When I think toylines that are geared specifically for collectors it's normally more high-end, and higher priced stuff. To each their own, but although I collect and love these in the most literal sense, I don't think of them as a collector-oriented line.

There is truth to that. I'd still prefer it. And yeah, I realize it's a fantasy, but at least I'm not going on and on and one about the things that require patience or things that seem like they 5 years away, eg. movie characters. Notice I never mentioned Bojack's team. They're forgettable. Salza's team is only mentionable because they're connected to Frieza, and the Ginyu force especially.

Salza's team is defiantly not mentionable to me. They where just canon fodder.

I'm slightly bummed we didn't get anything new at SDCC today, so here's my saiyan dude from Xenoverse.
IMG_20150711_001346.JPG
Anyone else think it's a shame that you can't actually use the Z Sword?

- absolutely... I guess for me the difference is that Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat have both seen toylines with some pretty darned decent figures (especially the SOTA SF figures... still amazing to date!)... Tekken's just never gotten that shake so I wish they finally would.

Yeahhh, the sota figures are okay, better than legends... not figuarts quality though.

I say this as a fan of these figures with a complete collection, but they're regular, plastic figures just like Marvel Legends that I could buy off of a retail shelf. When I think toylines that are geared specifically for collectors it's normally more high-end, and higher priced stuff. To each their own, but although I collect and love these in the most literal sense, I don't think of them as a collector-oriented line.

tumblr_inline_nji9i0rr901rbra2d.gif

- I wish they'd just leave each other alone. It's wierd,

They most definitely are a collector's line. Regular kids toys don't have such exclusive figures, polls for future characters, and high price points (for action figures, these are expensive). Not to mention they're highly articulated and of MUCH greater quality and likeness to characters than figures such as Black Series or some Mattel action figures you'd find in Target. Not to mention you can't find these in regular toy stores, only specialty/comic shops and online. Add in that the VAST majority (I could easily say 95%) of the market are adults and the crazy demand and aftermarket prices are way out of reach for a child's allowance.

If a looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck or in this case a collectible action figure.

Not trying to start a debate but it's pretty obvious these figures are above and beyond simple child's pay things to quote the great Vegeta.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

The after market prices are high because adult collectors pay for those prices. Which sets the standards for scalpers (the circle of life)

Also you used to be able to get these at Toysrus and still some B&N's.

Yikes, this was a horrible statement.

The only Ryu I consider decent is the Revoltech version, but unfortunately it's too small to scale with anything else

FullSizeRender.jpg

The after market prices are high because adult collectors pay for those prices. Which sets the standards for scalpers (the circle of life)

Also you used to be able to get these at Toysrus and still some B&N's.

So you think these are simple children's toys too? Come on guys, it's kinda obvious they're not some action figure you're mom would buy you for eating all your vegetables.

Salza's team is defiantly not mentionable to me. They where just canon fodder.

Again. I agree. You seem to be missing my in favor of more aggressive conversation. Trying to prove me wrong in this small point amongst a larger one. I believe this is turning into a similar situation in which Someone called you on once before. Something to the idea that you enjoy contradicting people to very end until they jus stop talking. So I'll reiterate. I'm just stating they have larger concerns than GT and movie characters.

Again. I agree. You seem to be missing my in favor of more aggressive conversation. Trying to prove me wrong in this small point amongst a larger one. I believe this is turning into a similar situation in which Someone called you on once before. Something to the idea that you enjoy contradicting people to very end until they jus stop talking. So I'll reiterate. I'm just stating they have larger concerns than GT and movie characters.

Edit: I remember you're age of 15 was called into question. And now I do. Judge my main point not an example I provided.

I'm not even trying to start to an "aggressive" argument, debate, or conversation as I said to me some characters don't need figures. If you think they should make movie figures that's your opinion. Nothing more nothing less my age as nothing to do with it.

So you think these are simple children's toys too? Come on guys, it's kinda obvious they're not some action figure you're mom would buy you for eating all your vegetables.

Agreed. It's kind of dumb to lump these in with legends or dc classics. The quality is clearly superior. I mean come on, tamashii makes the best figures in the world. These are not for kids.

No they are definitely not kid toys but kids if they wanted (pre teens or teens my age) could get a hold of them if they choose but obviously not as easily as just going to a local target for a marvel legends or transformer. But a local B&N yay.

Again. You critique an example. Not my subject. Even though you understand how pointless I'm actually stating those characters to be. Yes. I judge you for the direction of your concerns toward my statement.

Back