S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did-we-just-hear-an-opinion-reaction-image_o_2136173.webp

^ this thread right ****ing now.

so what if TJ thinks these toys are for kids? there are people who call hot toys "dolls". but does it ****in matter? is it going to stop you from buying? if so, then you may have some big ego issues. we all have ego's and this very discussion proves it. so can we all please put this **** aside and move on? let's all give eachother a d!ckshake cause we're all a bunch of ego trippin ******s. look, there's some equality there. no wonder feminisme is a thing in this world....

o2ib8.jpg

which is funny cause that's why we collected these in the first place, to feel like a kid again! wait it's not funny, it's more ironic or w/e the word is that i'm looking for.

never forget where you came from, kids!

6898835359e9dda0afd1b0e4b40eb3a4.jpg
3c9873c65774b7fb5620f1818928454f.jpg

Unlock your inner Z fighter

I'm sorry... I didn't state my opinion to "start" anything and didn't take offense to anything Prodigy had said. I feel like he just intended his counterpoints to be conversation for the sake of the topic I'd started, and that's how I'd taken it. I appreciate the convo... and again, I'll state that this is a line that I obviously BUY, so it's not like I'm trying to be condescending or anything about stuff that I personally collect and enjoy.

I wasnt going to get involved in this discussion, and Blood speaks truth as always, but if you draw your attention to the bottom of every figuarts box...

94bb6e71297b9e1e93a81c601180d3e3.jpg

Again, not trying to start the argument back up, just showing that Tamashii themselves dont see these as kids toys but collectors items.

Btw TJ, no more commenting on RKs posts for me; im not a rude person, and the fact that someone thinks that saddens me, but that guy for some reason just knows how to get to me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

About be cannon or not i think isn´t a problem, if they release Cooler Final Form, i am not seen why people would not buy it, because that is false. Cannon or not belongs to Dragon Ball Z. You want it or not. You not want Cooler or any other "cannon", just not buy and is enough, now about Big D... well...

:ignore: or put me in the ignore list.

Man, if you typed like that all the time and calmed down a bit on the ssj3 obsession I think we would get on fine! Its just the crazed typing you do with the faces and the constant ravings that sound like a lunatic that are getting to people.

I do have you set to ignore, but it shows your posts anyway, but if you keep posting like that I wouldnt have to!

I wasnt going to get involved in this discussion, and Blood speaks truth as always, but if you draw your attention to the bottom of every figuarts box...

94bb6e71297b9e1e93a81c601180d3e3.jpg

Again, not trying to start the argument back up, just showing that Tamashii themselves dont see these as kids toys but collectors items.

Btw TJ, no more commenting on RKs posts for me; im not a rude person, and the fact that someone thinks that saddens me, but that guy for some reason just knows how to get to me.

I'm not someone who just likes to argue for the sake of it, but regardless of my personal standards, that picture does show the intended audience, albeit I do consider 15 year olds "kids"... I hope I didn't come off like I meant that I think these are toys in the sense of duplo blocks or something.

And that's just the thing... you're not rude at all. In fact I was excited to see you on here because at the other board I'd met you on you've always been so nice... so was just surprised. You're cool by me regardless.

No not at all man! These are by definition "toys", just ones not meant for kids! These are to appeal to us, the mature audience.

As for RK, I have made peace, and whether he starts posting less "manic" or not is up to him, but it would go a long way to helping us understand him. ;)

Dude, I'm a fighting game NUT and Tekken's my main game so if you ever want to game my PSN is tjduckett and my GT is Mecha style. I also play SFIV on steam a lot: tjduckett. So awesome to see more fans!

And it's really unfortunate with Tekken that they've really never gotten a shake on decent 6" classed figures. Even with the PAK line, I bought Kazuya and Jun and they were hot garbage so I sold them within the next few weeks. It's a franchise with a hungry fandom for collectibles and NO ONE capitalizing on it.

I figured you were a fan with your sig! I actually haven't played the games since Tekken Dark Resurrection, so I'm pretty rusty. You've given me motivation to start up again. I'll get my Rocky music out!

So you think these are simple children's toys too? Come on guys, it's kinda obvious they're not some action figure you're mom would buy you for eating all your vegetables.

Going to Toys Are Us and Seeing Megazords for 50-100 it's not money that's outside of "eat your vegetable" rewards for kids.

Woah, we came from different types of households! I never heard of those kinds of rewards. My only "reward" would not be getting smacked in the face for being an ungrateful brat, and the max price of a B-day present for me was $20. Mattel labeled their DCUC as Adult Collectibles, and I thought it was because they were expensive and they were meant for displaying. We weren't going to get "Anti-Freeze" or "Ooze Patrol" Batman. I actually agree with TJ, and think they're all kids toys. You're not going to hand a 3 year old one of these, but it's perfect for an 11 year old. It's just that they might not be able to afford it, unless they have parents that award them for eating vegetables. I'm just kidding! Most teenagers don't want anything to do with toys, comics, or cartoons, so that's why they label them as "kids" or "adults." They outgrow it, and then later on when they get nostalgic (or whatever reason), and somehow get back to them.

What's this talk about Ultimate Gohan being pushed back to January?

That's surprising since it's just a head swap. I'd gladly drop the beam blast accessory to get it sooner if that's the problem, since I don't care for any of them other than the Kamehameha.

So since we're gonna be waiting quite a while for Kid Buu, in the meantime might I suggest the Hybrid Action version instead?

Evil%20Buu-3.jpg

it scales near-perfect with the Figuarts & has good articulation. It's the best we've got until Tamashii decides to produce their own (who knows when that will happen)

SAM_2107.jpg

Crisis, I'm going to have to get that Buu. Wow.

No not at all man! These are by definition "toys", just ones not meant for kids! These are to appeal to us, the mature audience.

As for RK, I have made peace, and whether he starts posting less "manic" or not is up to him, but it would go a long way to helping us understand him. ;)

haha... honestly man I apologize for even bringing it up. It's none of my personal business but it was just harsh even third party reading some of the responses.

Woah, we came from different types of households! I never heard of those kinds of rewards. My only "reward" would not be getting smacked in the face for being an ungrateful brat, and the max price of a B-day present for me was $20. Mattel labeled their DCUC as Adult Collectibles, and I thought it was because they were expensive and they were meant for displaying. We weren't going to get "Anti-Freeze" or "Ooze Patrol" Batman. I actually agree with TJ, and think they're all kids toys. You're not going to hand a 3 year old one of these, but it's perfect for an 11 year old. It's just that they might not be able to afford it, unless they have parents that award them for eating vegetables. I'm just kidding! Most teenagers don't want anything to do with toys, comics, or cartoons, so that's why they label them as "kids" or "adults." They outgrow it, and then later on when they get nostalgic (or whatever reason), and somehow get back to them.

LoL, dude I was just talking in terms of literally walking in a TRU store today and the prices on toys. And I really like that P.O.V. because even in my personal life I was heavy into toys as a kid but then during high school I could not give less of a damn about them and here I am now.

Random shot: Figuarts Goku evolution

829.png

I still do not understand why we don't have any sort of Majin Buu, when we got Freiza, Cell, Scouter Vegeta, and the Androids, and we're getting a bunch of Buu Saga figures. Tamashii shouldn't really have any problems outside of Fat Buu, which even then, they can certainly do.

The Street Fighter SOTA figures are bigger, more solid, and just as poseable if not more than figuarts. How are they not figuarts quality?

DavidTennantlaughing.gif~c200

Are you serious? One look at them and it's obvious. Sota are practically mattycollector quality. If you can't see the difference I can't show it to you.

And I hope you now see that coming into this thread and saying that these were just "toys" was not the smartest thing. It's like diving into the lion's den with tenderloin strapped to your body. You're asking for it. Don't put yourself in that position.

So since we're gonna be waiting quite a while for Kid Buu, in the meantime might I suggest the Hybrid Action version instead?

View attachment 196236

it scales near-perfect with the Figuarts & has good articulation. It's the best we've got until Tamashii decides to produce their own (who knows when that will happen)

View attachment 196237

Yeahhh, maybe like a year or two ago, but now he's just as costly as figuarts and not near the quality. Pass.

Not really.

It really is. I find it absolutely asinine that somebody would compare S.H. Figuarts quality with ****ing Marvel Legends. Seriously? That's no different than saying New York Strip Steak* tastes like Prime Rib. I don't give a **** what kind of articulation Marvel Legends have, those figures are cheaply made and the prices prove that. Buy a S.H. Figuarts Iron Man and a Marvel Legends Iron Man and tell me they're of the same quality.

TJ Duckett, I dare you to do this in a Hot Toys thread of any kind, and come back to us in one piece :rotfl bonus points if you make a dolls argument!

Yeah, Ang was a bit forward but I have to agree. Its not about how much articulation a figure has, its how its implemented. A Marvel Legends etc has lots of articulation, but it LOOKS like articulation. A figuarts makes it fluid and as seamless as possible. The paint apps and plastic are also higher quality.

The main thing to compare would be the star wars line; compare black series star wars (Hasbro made) to figuarts Luke, Vader and Stormtrooper. The difference is night and day.

DavidTennantlaughing.gif~c200

Are you serious? One look at them and it's obvious. Sota are practically mattycollector quality. If you can't see the difference I can't show it to you.

And I hope you now see that coming into this thread and saying that these were just "toys" was not the smartest thing. It's like diving into the lion's den with tenderloin strapped to your body. You're asking for it. Don't put yourself in that position.

Yes, I see the difference and have stated the difference piece-by-piece. Your response was a laughing gif and, "you can't be serious." Not exactly a counterpoint, but I digress.

And dude, if you think that there's some kind of "fear" in differing opinions on an online message board on my end then I have a gigantic bridge to sell you.... seriously. You stating that toys being called toys offends you doesn't make ME look bad; save your e-threats.

It really is. I find it absolutely asinine that somebody would compare S.H. Figuarts quality with ****ing Marvel Legends. Seriously? That's no different than saying New York Strip Steak* tastes like Prime Rib. I don't give a **** what kind of articulation Marvel Legends have, those figures are cheaply made and the prices prove that. Buy a S.H. Figuarts Iron Man and a Marvel Legends Iron Man and tell me they're of the same quality.

I find it asinine that you feel so high and mighty on you opinion that you would type this condescending rhetoric towards me in the first place, but guess what; here it is and now I guess I'll humor you.

S.H. figuarts are smaller, softer plastic, less poseable, and honestly the quality is less consistent than those. If you literally knew one damned thing about one damned thing concerning retail the reason that the prices are cheaper for those is because they're produced in more mass quanitities and ordered in higher quantities by retail. Even WITH smaller production runs and import prices, S.H.Figuarts still retail at $20-$40. If they were mass retail like Marvel legends they'd be on the shelf for $10-$15 as I said above. So, please; save your overly aggressive tone and ridiculous language because even though I'm dead serious about my stance, I'm really not that into it.

TJ Duckett, I dare you to do this in a Hot Toys thread of any kind, and come back to us in one piece :rotfl bonus points if you make a dolls argument!

But I view hot Toys and premium, collectors grade products. Why would that even be a comparison? It's not a game.

Yeah, Ang was a bit forward but I have to agree. Its not about how much articulation a figure has, its how its implemented. A Marvel Legends etc has lots of articulation, but it LOOKS like articulation. A figuarts makes it fluid and as seamless as possible. The paint apps and plastic are also higher quality.

The main thing to compare would be the star wars line; compare black series star wars (Hasbro made) to figuarts Luke, Vader and Stormtrooper. The difference is night and day.

Sorta sagat and ssj3 goku. Who's joints are more hidden?

IMG_20150711_100645911.jpg

Back