S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. It's kind of dumb to lump these in with legends or dc classics. The quality is clearly superior. I mean come on, tamashii makes the best figures in the world. These are not for kids.

Figuarts, Revoltech, Figma, NECA, Mafex, Medicom, Hot Toys: all adult collectibles.

Mattel, Hasbro, Megablocks, Baby Einstein: all children's toys.

I honestly don't know how this is even in question. I'm done now :monkey3

No they are definitely not kid toys but kids if they wanted (pre teens or teens my age) could get a hold of them if they choose but obviously not as easily as just going to a local target for a marvel legends or transformer. But a local B&N yay.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

A kid could also get cigarettes or a bottle of alcohol too. Not easy to get but can still be attained. I think that's enough internet for me today.

The after market prices are high because adult collectors pay for those prices. Which sets the standards for scalpers (the circle of life)

Also you used to be able to get these at Toysrus and still some B&N's.

The prices are high because this is a collector's line. Children's toys don't get web exclusive releases.

661fd2b8e1c2c0c7a311898c94605685.gif

Figuarts, Revoltech, Figma, NECA, Mafex, Medicom, Hot Toys: all adult collectibles.

Mattel, Hasbro, Megablocks, Baby Einstein: all children's toys.

I honestly don't know how this is even in question. I'm done now :monkey3
A kid could also get cigarettes or a bottle of alcohol too. Not easy to get but can still be attained. I think that's enough internet for me today.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Because you ignored the entire reason I even began talking on the subject. And with that I'm moving on.

So to any one at comic con later you wanna leak us the new batman v superman trailer?

Yeahhh, the sota figures are okay, better than legends... not figuarts quality though.

tumblr_inline_nji9i0rr901rbra2d.gif

The Street Fighter SOTA figures are bigger, more solid, and just as poseable if not more than figuarts. How are they not figuarts quality?

They most definitely are a collector's line. Regular kids toys don't have such exclusive figures, polls for future characters, and high price points (for action figures, these are expensive). Not to mention they're highly articulated and of MUCH greater quality and likeness to characters than figures such as Black Series or some Mattel action figures you'd find in Target. Not to mention you can't find these in regular toy stores, only specialty/comic shops and online. Add in that the VAST majority (I could easily say 95%) of the market are adults and the crazy demand and aftermarket prices are way out of reach for a child's allowance.

If a looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck or in this case a collectible action figure.

Not trying to start a debate but it's pretty obvious these figures are above and beyond simple child's pay things to quote the great Vegeta.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I respect your opinion but these actually aren't any more articulated than retail figures like marvel legends or DCU, in fact with universal ab crunch on those lines, you could say that they have the nod in that area.

Everything else you mentioned like polls and exclusives... yea, actually these lines do have exclusives and variants too. I understand that you enjoy them, and I do too, but I'm not going to put them to the same standard as stuff I collect like Diecast Super Robots and the like. To me, those are lines of stuff that are blatantly targeted towards adult collectors in terms of price and quality. In terms of pricing, the most you're paying for these are $60 from overseas for something like Broly which is 'huge" for this line. Going to Toys Are Us and Seeing Megazords for 50-100 it's not money that's outside of "eat your vegetable" rewards for kids.

And as Shonen said, these have been available on TRU.com and the Power Rangers figuarts were actually available in store at some point, weren't they?

The after market prices are high because adult collectors pay for those prices. Which sets the standards for scalpers (the circle of life)

Also you used to be able to get these at Toysrus and still some B&N's.

Exactly.

Yikes, this was a horrible statement.

Not really.

The only Ryu I consider decent is the Revoltech version, but unfortunately it's too small to scale with anything else

View attachment 196138

I actually had the complete Revo collection but sold it off once I got the SOTAs. I loved them to death, but they were so small that the revo joints just stuck out on them like a sore them... especially the necks. Great aesthetic, thouh!

-----------------------------------------

Again, not trying to "start anything" though... it's just my opinion. I can be a big fan of the line without putting them on the same pedestal as others.

The Street Fighter SOTA figures are bigger, more solid, and just as poseable if not more than figuarts. How are they not figuarts quality?

I respect your opinion but these actually aren't any more articulated than retail figures like marvel legends or DCU, in fact with universal ab crunch on those lines, you could say that they have the nod in that area.

Everything else you mentioned like polls and exclusives... yea, actually these lines do have exclusives and variants too. I understand that you enjoy them, and I do too, but I'm not going to put them to the same standard as stuff I collect like Diecast Super Robots and the like. To me, those are lines of stuff that are blatantly targeted towards adult collectors in terms of price and quality. In terms of pricing, the most you're paying for these are $60 from overseas for something like Broly which is 'huge" for this line. Going to Toys Are Us and Seeing Megazords for 50-100 it's not money that's outside of "eat your vegetable" rewards for kids.

And as Shonen said, these have been available on TRU.com and the Power Rangers figuarts were actually available in store at some point, weren't they?

Exactly.

Not really.

I actually had the complete Revo collection but sold it off once I got the SOTAs. I loved them to death, but they were so small that the revo joints just stuck out on them like a sore them... especially the necks. Great aesthetic, thouh!

-----------------------------------------

Again, not trying to "start anything" though... it's just my opinion. I can be a big fan of the line without putting them on the same pedestal as others.

I'm not trying to put them on a pedestal, I'm just stating what they factually are. You can't possibly say these figures are in the same league as action figures you would find at a Toys R Us, depsite the fact that they WERE once stocked at Toys R Us. They're allowed to sell adult collectibles there as well. Same as games rated M, targeted for adults. I didn't even think it was in question the fact that these ARE adult collectibles, no opinion, simply fact. The Figuarts brand in and of itself just like Revoltech, Mafex, and Figma to name a few, are highly articulated, collectibles. Can you honestly tell me those companies are simply children's toys? I've already said everything that need be said on this. For more proof, visit the official Amazon listing for a Super Mario figure which happens to be a Figuart.

Quote: "At long last, Tamashii Nations is proud to introduce the world's first fully possible, adult collectible of Super Mario! Highly advanced S.H.Figuarts articulation allows for precise posing to bring all the intense video game action directly to your fingertips. S.H.Figuarts Super Mario set features "? Block", coin, coin stand and super mushroom. Separately sold diorama play sets allow you to expand the Mario world."

[url]https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Figuarts-Figure/dp/B00I2KAV72

[/URL]

Amazon must be wrong about a product they get directly from Bandai which means Tamashii doesn't know that their own figures are just toys. I know at least in my case, my mom would've never dropped $35 on an action figure. The most I got was a $10 Jakks figure back in the day and even that was too much for a toy, adjusting for inflation. Adults collect these more than children, they're explicitly advertised as collectibles, and are stated as such by the company that produces them. Btw, the official age for these products are 15+ and that's simply because they're not explicit enough to be deemed "adult only 18+". It even says collector's on the package itself lol. I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Again, I wanna reiterate, no arguments here, just pointing out the obvious.

Amazon is kinda worse then eBay. When I see reviews on vegeta they say it came in the official box but it was a fake.

Amazon is kinda worse then eBay. When I see reviews on vegeta they say it came in the official box but it was a fake [emoji23]

I hope you read the rest of what I said. I think you missed the whole point. If you don't wanna consider it a collectible, it's fine, do you. Call it furniture if you wish, that's not gonna stop it from being an adult collectible. Anyway, going to bed fellas, hope to wake up to tons of news from Tamashii, although it seems very unlikely at this point :(

I hope you read the rest of what I said. I think you missed the whole point. If you don't wanna consider it a collectible, it's fine, do you. Call it furniture if you wish, that's not gonna stop it from being an adult collectible. Anyway, going to bed fellas, hope to wake up to tons of news from Tamashii, although it seems very unlikely at this point :(

Oh I read what you said I understood everything. I get that these are for adult collectors. I was talking about a completely different subject how Amazon sends people fakes and you can't tell because the picture on the webpage looks official. (Sorry if I wasn't clear on that) and good night.

I'm not trying to put them on a pedestal, I'm just stating what they factually are. You can't possibly say these figures are in the same league as action figures you would find at a Toys R Us, depsite the fact that they WERE once stocked at Toys R Us. They're allowed to sell adult collectibles there as well. Same as games rated M, targeted for adults. I didn't even think it was in question the fact that these ARE adult collectibles, no opinion, simply fact. The Figuarts brand in and of itself just like Revoltech, Mafex, and Figma to name a few, are highly articulated, collectibles. Can you honestly tell me those companies are simply children's toys? I've already said everything that need be said on this. For more proof, visit the official Amazon listing for a Super Mario figure which happens to be a Figuart.

Quote: "At long last, Tamashii Nations is proud to introduce the world's first fully possible, adult collectible of Super Mario! Highly advanced S.H.Figuarts articulation allows for precise posing to bring all the intense video game action directly to your fingertips. S.H.Figuarts Super Mario set features "? Block", coin, coin stand and super mushroom. Separately sold diorama play sets allow you to expand the Mario world."

[url]https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Figuarts-Figure/dp/B00I2KAV72

[/URL]

Amazon must be wrong about a product they get directly from Bandai which means Tamashii doesn't know that their own figures are just toys. I know at least in my case, my mom would've never dropped $35 on an action figure. The most I got was a $10 Jakks figure back in the day and even that was too much for a toy, adjusting for inflation. Adults collect these more than children, they're explicitly advertised as collectibles, and are stated as such by the company that produces them. Btw, the official age for these products are 15+ and that's simply because they're not explicit enough to be deemed "adult only 18+". It even says collector's on the package itself lol. I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Again, I wanna reiterate, no arguments here, just pointing out the obvious.

You just completely avoided my point about the other lines being just as articulated if not more, and I'll even add that they're bigger and more solidly built. The reason that these even fetch the premium that they do is because of limited runs (non-retail) and import pricing: Not because of higher quality, more articulation, or any of that. If a US retailer did order a premium of these at higher quantities they'd be sold at $10-$15 a pop simply because they don't show signs of having an actual production cost that'd demand a higher MSRP. So yes, you are putting them on a pedestal and that's fine because you're allowed to whatever your preferences and opinions may be.

-------

Now WITH THAT, I'm thinking about how I worded what I earlier wrote, and even though I don't feel like these are figures that I'd stamp at premium or collector's "grade" as figures, I do feel that the line itself is definitely one that's directed towards the more hardcore, collector niche of fans by design and without that group the line would not exist.

did-we-just-hear-an-opinion-reaction-image_o_2136173.webp

^ this thread right ****ing now.

so what if TJ thinks these toys are for kids? there are people who call hot toys "dolls". but does it ****in matter? is it going to stop you from buying? if so, then you may have some big ego issues. we all have ego's and this very discussion proves it. so can we all please put this **** aside and move on? let's all give eachother a d!ckshake cause we're all a bunch of ego trippin ******s. look, there's some equality there. no wonder feminisme is a thing in this world....

o2ib8.jpg

which is funny cause that's why we collected these in the first place, to feel like a kid again! wait, it's not funny. it's more ironic or w/e the word is that i'm looking for.

never forget where you came from, kids!

Back