Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem Ironman! I accept feedback from everyone! I am just looking at the facial features. Thanks!:idea :wave

I think that's a really good resemblance KFOG. Now that's a nice little treasure you found there.

Is that head readily available for others who may want to use him for Burke? What's his name and who makes that head?

jungle jom said:
Angel...

Didn't you see the way I signed that last post?

JINGLE... I was just kidding around... pullin' your Ape chain. I'm not one to take offence that easily.

The last thing I would want to do is bannish you, but if you decide to visit the forbidden zone on your own I hear it is nice this time of year!

Aaaaaargh, you got me good JJ! :slap I'm glad you're doing fine Jungle...you BIG ape! :newangel ~Angel~

Hey guys...

I got inspired by the progress of Angel's wagon and want to announce that I have begun a project of my own...

Unfortunatly it is not at all Ape related, but it is Sideshow related. I have always wanted a place for my Sideshow 1/6th Dracula to rest so I've decided to make a replica of his coffin from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"

I've done most of the research bought some of the balsa wood and I have begun construction of the lid of his Box. Wish me luck.

I know this is a dissapointment to some but I think Sticks, being the monster lover he, is will be excited.

So... I take it from all the responses that I am the only Ape fan in this thread interested in what Sideshow might produce that is outside the 12" line? :confused:

Protozaius said:
So... I take it from all the responses that I am the only Ape fan in this thread interested in what Sideshow might produce that is outside the 12" line? :confused:

Outside of a Caesar statue, Statue of Liberty or Icarus [or other ape related items]....count me out

Sorry Proto... I'm with Ironman, I'm not interested in anything other than 1/6th scale.

Protozaius said:

Well, I can't say that I wouldn't be interested. The PF would be neat. But, if I had to choose, I would rather SS made more 12" figures from the Ape line. I would love to see an Escape Cornelius and Zira and TV series figures. There are too many figures left to be made for the 12 inch line before we hit a PF. Plus, the 12 inch figures hurt my wallet alot. I could only guess what the PF would do to it.

jungle jom said:
Hey guys...

I got inspired by the progress of Angel's wagon and want to announce that I have begun a project of my own...

Unfortunatly it is not at all Ape related, but it is Sideshow related. I have always wanted a place for my Sideshow 1/6th Dracula to rest so I've decided to make a replica of his coffin from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"

I've done most of the research bought some of the balsa wood and I have begun construction of the lid of his Box. Wish me luck.

I know this is a dissapointment to some but I think Sticks, being the monster lover he, is will be excited.

Draculas coffin sounds awesome Jungle Jom! I have the Universal Line also.

Work is going well on Dracula's coffin, Dr Z.

I've just about finished construction on the lid. I'll post pictures soon.

Once the thing is complete I have no idea as what to do about creating the silk lining. Also I'm not sure how I am going to get Dracula's crest on the lid.

I think that's where a lot of trial and error will occur.

jungle jom said:
Hey guys...

IT ISN'T A DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME JJ... I THINK IT'S GREAT! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL THE CREATIVE THINGS PEOPLE MAKE.

IT'S THAT MUCH COOLER WHEN YOU KNOW WHO THE PEOPLE ARE MAKING THE STUFF.

KEEP US ALL ADVISED. YOUR PROJECT [IN TURN] WILL PROBABLY INSPIRE MANY OTHERS TO MAKE SOME CREATIVE THINGS!

Last edited:
Hey Angel...

Be a pal and tell this monkey where you found the teeny tiny hinges for your wagon. I will be needing some for Drac's bunk.

And to all you big Apes out there... Happy 4th!!!

Hey guys just an update on Dracula's coffin...

The lid is complete as well as the upper lip of the bottom portion. I've run out of balsa and will have to make a trip to "Pearl Paint" this week for some more supplies. Luckily the store is just a few blocks from my home.

I've included a Gorilla vampire hunter complete with flaming torch to make this post Ape friendly for this thread.(The torch is an accessory that came from my first Sideshow purchase, a small scale Karloff as Frankenstein figure)

Last edited:
I guess I've been a Ape collector for too long not to consider a purchase of a Sideshow Ape collectible outside of the 12" line. Sure I have enjoyed SS 12" line... it's probably my favorite amongst my Ape collection... but it's only a part of it. Here's a list of some of the things I've collected in the past 35 years:

- Mego 8"ers
- Don Post masks
- Addar Model kits
- Hasbro 12" figures and prototypes
- the entire Medicom 6" vinyl line
- The entire Kubricks (those Kubricks are GREAT fun!)
- Medicom Wind-up figures
- A huge 8X10 still and lobby card collection from all five films and TV series
- 35mm theatrical trailers
- a few production pieces from the film
- a production drawing of Zaius in the cartoon series
- Simpson spoof production drawing

So... anything that Sideshow produces from the Planet of the Apes would be fine with me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Proto...

I've got the Hasbro 12" line also, they pale in comparison to Sideshow but I was really happy with them when they were released.

I've also got most of the Medicom vinal line and I'm still happy with them they are the only company that did not ignore Dr Zira's nephew, Lucius. Maybe Sideshow would be so kind to make one should they continue the line.

Last edited:
jungle jom said:
Hey guys just an update on Dracula's coffin...

The lid is complete as well as the upper lip of the bottom portion. I've run out of balsa and will have to make a trip to "Pearl Paint" this week for some more supplies. Luckily the store is just a few blocks from my home.

I've included a Gorilla vampire hunter complete with flaming torch to make this post Ape friendly for this thread.(The torch is an accessory that came from my first Sideshow purchase, a small scale Karloff as Frankenstein figure)

The lid looks real good! I searched on ebay and the web to try to find a Dracula Crest symbol on a sticker form of some type in hopes you could use it on the lid but I came up with no such luck. Have you found any hinges yet for the lid? I haven't looked for any for you but I remember my grandmaw use to have a small jewel box with hinges that pressed into the wood lid and side of the box. I bet you can still get these some where on the net.

Angel, the wagon and Burke both look awesome! Can't wait until I see the finished product for the wagon!

jungle jom said:
Hey Angel...

Be a pal and tell this monkey where you found the teeny tiny hinges for your wagon. I will be needing some for Drac's bunk.

And to all you big Apes out there... Happy 4th!!!
I bought my tiny hinges at LOWES JJ. The lid looks fanastic. I really like the look you gave it by shaving off the edges on an angle. It gives it some depth and detail!

Last edited:
Where's the torch from??? I need torches!!!
Oh, great job on the casket, I always wanted to try that!!! Now, for Bud & Lou!

Back