Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be cool. However, I'd really be more interested in creating Matthias. My exclusive Sideshow figure of Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) came with a black cloak. That would be great for this kitbash. Finding sunglasses would also be really easy! Truth is, now that I think about it, this would be a really easy figure to make for anyone interested.

I'll see what I can do about snapping off a few pictures and posting them today of the Mendez bust. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Once again... Wonderful work my friend!

The wagon really is magnificent. I have one suggestion. I think you should rough up the wagon slats to make them less regular. They look a little too man-made and not the work of gorillas. Other than that the wagon is just great.

How did you make that bust??

You don't have to give a step-by-step just a general idea. What is it made of ... Plaster? It is just fantastic!

Honestly Angel, You could sell patterns of your stuff for lots of cash to Sideshow! Very terrific stuff! You definately have a gifted eye for detail. Keep up the great work!:cool:

What you've done is nothing short of amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Buono is spot on... I just love it, I wish it was mine! I really love that character even though he was not a main player. A stand-out among the mutants. "Tell us of the Apes". What a quote!

The chair is just fantastic! You need to make more! Make a mold and we'll all buy!

Little Marcus is really great thus far. Once you join the sewing circle the outfit will take shape.

The only thing I'm curious about is the camera. Do you plan on it being the camera from the hunt? or one of the cameras from the press coverage in "Escape" It is hard to tell without the lens.

I was doubtful about that dummy you bought for "Lady Liberty"... I never thought it would work, after seeing your masterful work, I have no doubt we will be seeing the final shot from our favorite film on this site. Thanks to the UNBELIEVABLE talents of you Angel.

You've officially blown me out of the water!

The female gorilla (I’ll call her Elta – Urko’s wife) was also sculpted using Apoxie Sculpt. (Care to guess what Sideshow figure is under the sculpt?) ~Angel~ :angelsmil

I give up, what figure is under your female gorilla Elta? :confused:

Great job on all this stuff! :bow Keep it coming, this is great stuff Angel!

Couldn't figure it out huh? It's not Zira. Under that Gorilla sculpt is Agent Dana Scully from the X-Files! Check out her beautiful blue eyes! Scully makes a pretty darn good gorilla in my eyes.

Angel! Did you sculpt around Dana Scully's head and then position it on a Zira body? Pretty nice sculpting job brother!:D

No no no. I used Dana Scully and her Sideshow body for Elta. There was no "head swapping" here between Zira and Scully. Once Scully's face was transformed into a gorilla, I merely put Ziras removable hands onto the female gorilla. Get it?

I gotcha! I guess the hands through me off. Cool down now!:rolleyes:

Hey Angel....

No Drac's coffin is at the same point as it was when I last posted a photo.

I asked for help from Kevin Ellis who works for the "Cut and Sew Department" at Sideshow. He posts here under "ISewDollyClothes". He was nice enough to find a sample of similar material as to what I was looking for but not in white. He sent me a sample and have been going to fabric stores in NYC. Thus far I've had no luck. Hopefully this week in my travels I will stumble upon something.

I did find the correct material in burgandy wich I will use if I fail to find it in white.

Here is a shot of the sample Kevin was kind enough to send me. If anyone sees somethin like it in white let me know!

Thanks Angel, any help would be much appreciated!

Shaun-o...

The Star Trek figures are exact copies of the originals. I hope they do the same for the Apes. I don't intend on buying these figures however, Sideshow did such a great job on the Apes. I think these figures will be a step down.

I am interested in seeing them though, I may change my mind after viewing a few pictures of them!

Interesting news... I know my son will be interested to learn that the Mego Apes will return. For some reason he has a fascination with all of the toys that his old man used to play with. :rolleyes:

I wonder if DST with expand their Ape products to include smaller action figures like the ones the Palisades was planning until it went belly up. But I'm guessing that they will stick with the Mego line since the angle of line line is "to introduce these classic collectibles to the next generation of fans.”

Thanks Angel, any help would be much appreciated!

Shaun-o...

The Star Trek figures are exact copies of the originals. I hope they do the same for the Apes. I don't intend on buying these figures however, Sideshow did such a great job on the Apes. I think these figures will be a step down.

I am interested in seeing them though, I may change my mind after viewing a few pictures of them!

JUNGLE, I showed this material for your coffin to my wife. (She sews quite a bit.) She's never seen that material, but I'm still going to look around for you.

I can't see myself buying the MEGO apes either, unless they're $6 each and of the same quality as the original Megos. SIDESHOW is really top of the line. If I get the MEGOs, they really need to be inexpensive or really cool.

What exactly is cool about this?? :lol

The molds (or copies) have been around a long time. Various companies have used them, or version of them, for years. One current user makes 12" figures for R/C aircraft.

If Diamond wanted to be try to be cool, they would use the 12" (superman)molds.

Blowmolding is one of the cheapest processes producing one of the cheapest figures available. These products should not be expensive at all. If they are high "collectible" prices, they will be a ripoff.

Besides, the original figures were made for the TV show not the films!:lol:lol:lol

What exactly is cool about this?? :lol

Besides, the original figures were made for the TV show not the films!:lol:lol:lol

The first wave of Mego figures were all from the first film... and they came out a whole year or more before the TV show premiered, I believe. However, it was the second wave of figures that was based on the TV series. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

If memory serves me. Proto is correct, the figures for the television show followed the release of the first wave which were characters from the films "Planet" and "Beneath"

By the way JUNGLE, the old fashioned camera I'm making is going to be the one seen after "the hunt". I was thinking it might be cool to pose the three gorillas in that same pose with the humans piled up in from of them as they posed for the camera. I'm not sure what you're referring to from ESCAPE, but I'll look for that one next time I see ESCAPE.

I was talking about the Television cameras covering Zira and Cornelius.

Your idea of posing the three gorillas sounds just great! Just remember to include the old fashioned flash stick in the photographors hand. I guess I just gave you a new little project.

I don't think that camera used a flash stick. I think the "flash" came from the camera if watched in slow motion... I watched it quite a while ago, and I'm just guessing. I'll have pay that more attention. I'm thinking it came from the cameras side. I just don't recall the gorilla holding a flashstick, but I do recall the flash and the smoke.

Last edited:
You are right again my friend. The flash did come from the side of the camera. The Gorilla photographer did hold up something in his right hand. I'm not sure what it was. I still think you have got a new project to attempt, if you want to re-create that shot.

Not much of a project... Should take a few minutes!

Last edited:
Back