Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting that closeup, Ironman. You can really see the details. I really admire that paint job. I can almost see his eyelids quiver.

I agree, but hey, that's what we do. :D

PZ, I was cruising back many pages and saw your photos of Dr. Zaius with your Lawgiver. Great, clear photos. PZ, I think you're the only one here that has the Exclusive Bloody Law Giver. Did you ever open that one? What do you think of it? Does the blood feel tacky? One day I really hope to pick one up. I rarely see one on ebay.

I'm off the boards for a day or two and this thread goes ape! GADS!!!:google :google :google

No Sticks, I have yet to take the bloody Lawgiver out of the box. The only Lawgivers I have on display is the resin prototype (that's the one I took pictures of with Zaius) and the regular polystone production version.

Seeing Ironman's group shot I was thinking of taking some pictures of my collection and post them up this week.

And Ironman... being a father myself, my thoughts are with you. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

I'm off the boards for a day or two and this thread goes ape! GADS!!!:google :google :google

No Sticks, I have yet to take the bloody Lawgiver out of the box. The only Lawgivers I have on display is the resin prototype (that's the one I took pictures of with Zaius) and the regular polystone production version.

Seeing Ironman's group shot I was thinking of taking some pictures of my collection and post them up this week.

And Ironman... being a father myself, my thoughts are with you. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

:rolleyes: I'm trying to catch up with you and IM's post count.:monkey3

We'd all love to see some more photos PZ. I to will be shooting some new ones this week. Look what I just found on ebay :eek

https://cgi.ebay.com/Planet-of-the-...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

I can't beleive that price!

Tonight at 11:00 Eastern on the "History Channel" Monster Quest.

Here is the description of the show:

"Soviet dictator Josef Stalin may have planned to cross humans with apes, mankind and Mother Nature try to combine the intelligence of humans with the strength of apes."

Checking back in with you guys. I had just spent the last 4 days with my sister and my brother-in-law. He's a big fan of Monster Quest and has been filling my ears with neat stories concerning that show. Tonight, I'll be watching it for the 1st time.

I'm also going to be checking out the Chronicles of Sara Conner. Tonight is TV night and it's time to unwind for me.

Just wanted to check in with all of you. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

I'll be watching "The Sara Connor Chronicles" also, Angel. I hope it will be entertaining so I'm giving it a shot.

We'd all love to see some more photos PZ. I to will be shooting some new ones this week. Look what I just found on ebay :eek

https://cgi.ebay.com/Planet-of-the-...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

I can't beleive that price!

That is one silly price. :lol :lol :lol

I remember seeing a Vision Lawgiver on Ebay go for less than retail price several months back.

A friend of mine might be selling his whole Sideshow Ape collection to me soon... at a VERY reasonable price. I might be able to offer a fellow freak board member some hard to find Ape stuff (Forbidden Taylor, Vision Lawgiver, Ape Marauder) at a VERY reasonable price. :D

img1261mh7.jpg

Thanks to Angel...

THE HUNT IS ON!!!

That is one silly price. :lol :lol :lol

I remember seeing a Vision Lawgiver on Ebay go for less than retail price several months back.

A friend of mine might be selling his whole Sideshow Ape collection to me soon... at a VERY reasonable price. I might be able to offer a fellow freak board member some hard to find Ape stuff (Forbidden Taylor, Vision Lawgiver, Ape Marauder) at a VERY reasonable price. :D

Hey Proto...

If that deal you were speaking of comes through, I have an interest in the "Forbidden Zone Taylor", if the price is right! I'd like to reserve it if I could.

Hey Proto...

If that deal you were speaking of comes through, I have an interest in the "Forbidden Zone Taylor", if the price is right! I'd like to reserve it if I could.

The price will most likely be the around original one plus the shipping he incured... strangely enough he is not looking to make a profit. He just wants to be able to walk around in his garage. :D

The price seems right, I hope the deal with your friend goes through. I'm sorry I passed up this figure in the first place. With all the ape figures coming fast from Sideshow at the time I had to make some difficult choices due to funds and this is one I regret. Keep me in mind.

Well, the last couple of days sure were a good start!

I thought I would finally break 2,000 by year's end... but it was not meant to be. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm coming up on my fourth year anniversary will the board... I'm sure I'm hit that number by then. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Well, the last couple of days sure were a good start!

I thought I would finally break 2,000 by year's end... but it was not meant to be. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm coming up on my fourth year anniversary will the board... I'm sure I'm hit that number by then. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I wonder how long I've been on this board. IM, You, and I came over from the old sever before Sept. 2005. You and IM are the veterans of this Ape thread. Congrats on the soon to be four year anniversary. We'll keep this thread full of fresh material so you'll have plenty of chime in time to boost that count. :D

PZ. If that deal goes through and you're willing to sell the Vision Lawgiver, can I reserve that with you to? If yes, then wow, your new collection is almost already half gone! :lol

Tonight at 11:00 Eastern on the "History Channel" Monster Quest.

Here is the description of the show:

"Soviet dictator Josef Stalin may have planned to cross humans with apes, mankind and Mother Nature try to combine the intelligence of humans with the strength of apes."

believe it or not, before Burtons POTA I wrote a script close to this plot. During a time of new world threats such as terrorism and nuclear proliferation our top Generals were gathered around a DNA testing facility giving a tour to other top officials explaining that they have created a new army of super troopers. A new breed of gorilla that was able to walk upright and have the intelligence of a human being. These new beasts were trained proficiently in the art of combat and killing. During one of the tests something goes horribly wrong and over a dozen gorillas escape into the outside world. A team of spec-ops soldiers are assigned to exterminate the beasts and cover all traces of their mission. During the hunt a nuclear warhead is triggered in a major U.S. city. and a full scale Nuclear war pursues. The radioactive fallout kills almost every know human being except a few small pockets. Over time, with the decline of human civilization, a new breed emerges supreme. A new form of ape, an intelligent simian capable of creating a new society. One that will forever shun the likes of man. A new Planet of the Apes! Cue music....:lol

too bad I don't get the History channel so you'll have to let me know how it goes.

PZ. If that deal goes through and you're willing to sell the Vision Lawgiver, can I reserve that with you to? If yes, then wow, your new collection is almost already half gone! :lol

If and when the deal goes through I will saddled with one of each of everything in the Sideshow Ape line. :google :google :google

I'm looking forward to finally scoring a second Mutant Jailor. Every since I met Don Pedro Colley at SDCC '06 and had him sign my box, my only Mutant Jailor has been "jailed" back in the box. I've wanted one to open for awhile but the cost has been... well, prohibitive. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

And I aways need more gorillas, chimps and orangutans!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Another night of not much sleep. I've been diagnosed with Insomnia, which has been haunting me for at least the last two years, and now with my current living situation it seems to have gotten worse. :sleep You guys keep me thinking positive; Thanks

I wasn't sure if that was a yes. :confused: :lol

The Vision Lawgiver was the only thing I missed out on in the POTA line, I was a mere couple of hours late on the Comic Con exclusive, I was really bummed back then. I put myself on the waitlist but I knew it was in vain. I've also noticed that African American figures are almost always more collectible than their Caucasian brethren.

In storage still boxed I know I have:

2 Mutant Jailers
4 Bearded Taylors
2 Mutant Leaders
2 Beneath Taylors
1 or 2 Slave Brents
3 Slave Taylor / Nova 2pack
4 Gorilla Enforcers
2 Gorilla Marauders
1 Caesar Ex.
1 Ursus Ex
1 Ursus regular

Not sure on the Dr.Z's
I'm think 2 Ex. and 1 regular.:duh:dunno

IM, you know we're all here for you and your son today. I hope everything goes well with his surgery. God Bless.

Hey Angel, now that I'm back on track financially do you have an other commissioned work that you'd be willing to take on?

Ape Chairs, open ape mouth, Mutant robes, Mutant bust, ape wagon? :monkey5

I know you're busy now, so time is not an issue.

Whoa! Love this Pic PZ. It shows off both the gorilla and the horn. Nice!

P.S. I like the position of his left hand. Gorilla posture? Scratching? I love it!

PZ, I love the pose of the gorilla--the picture has got a lot of emotions running through it. LONG LIVE THE PLANET OF THE APES!!

Thank you for posting it.

Ironman, I am thinking of you and your son and hoping all goes well today.

Sticks, sorry to hear about your insomnia. I am having a bit of trouble myself--I go to bed late working on this apes stuff and then I'm too excited and can't sleep because I keep thinking about it.

I am working hard on my repaint of Ursus. I think it's loads better than what I started with, but of course can't compare to Ironman's ape.

Jess.

Back