Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the pics you missed on me making the mold for the BATTLE chair.

Very cool, thank you so much for sharing this. Next week I'll order some of that material, and maybe give it a go. You have really learned a lot. I'm glad you have found a new passion. We're going to have some fun.

Angel, by any chance is there a way to make a mold out of that bridge Keeper sculpt? Someone is trying to sell him for $59. on Ebay. I really wish I picked him up when he was $20 at SS. I wish SS would bring all their inventory back from their EU wharehouse because that's something I'd spend my reward points on.

Angel, by any chance is there a way to make a mold out of that bridge Keeper sculpt? Someone is trying to sell him for $59. on Ebay. I really wish I picked him up when he was $20 at SS. I wish SS would bring all their inventory back from their EU wharehouse because that's something I'd spend my reward points on.

Just keep your eye out on eBay for the Bridgekeeper. I BOUGHT A 2ND ONE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO FOR UNDER $20. You'll find one.

Sticks - Here are the pics of Taylor’s Trial. The table is just a wooden skeleton right now. I’ll be putting apoxie sculpt on it so that it looks like rock and/or wood.

What do you think of the little sculpture that sits before the President of the Assembly? This is still in the rough stages and there’s so much to do as I told you. The tall artful partitions will really set it off if you ask me.

Notice the Lawgiver bust in th epictures? That's the one that’ll sit behind Dr Maximus.

I can picture it now. So amazing. And those chairs are just perfect. This is going to look mind boggling when you are done.

My, Angel... You have been quite a busy beaver. I have to say I am stunned by your work... I can't begin... It's just...

TOTALLY AWESOME! You rock, my friend!

You're gone from this thread for a few days and you produce... ALL OF THIS!

Please take a month off of this thread and give us all APE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in awe!

My, Angel... You have been quite a busy beaver. I have to say I am stunned by your work... I can't begin... It's just...

I am in awe!

I agree Jom, Isn't he something. totally inspiring! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Great, I'm going to order this stuff next week and get my hands dirty.

P.S. I will keep my eyes peeled for that figure. Are you going to load up the wagon or is there a large cage in the future works?

I buy whatever color is cheapest Sticks. Since I'm painting it, color doesn't matter to me. Some times they have sales so ask aboutthat. Get whatever size you want. I've been getting the larger size 4-5 pound containers. You may only want the 1 pounders, depending on what you are planning to make. (I just used this apoxie sculpt to repair a leaky gutter on my house. It'll even dry rock hard underwater!)

I am in awe!

Thanks Jom - It's this type of kindness that fuels me. I appreciate that more than you'll ever know. :)

I'm now pulling out my camera so I can take some pics of my SW figures that I have on the shelf. I've never taken any photos of them, so I'm going to take some quick easy shots, nothing major with lighting, so I can put these guys away. Form here on out It's Planet of the Apes or bust!

I don't think I've seen those wagon photos before. Wow, I'm sure glad I chimed in when I did. 2008 is turning into a great year indeed.

I will order the 4lbs bucket next week and start playing with it. That's great to know that all colors will allow a paint over. I just figured maybe the Natural would absorb better but I guess it doesn't matter.

I have a month before my next doctors appointment so I'll need to keep busy. While you're working on the Courtroom scene, I'm going to see If I can make some fun holding cells or ape buildings. I guess insomnia has its advantages.

Where's Jessica? She must be busy or finally catching some Zzzzs.

Angel, I thought you were going to go to bed?

It's 1AM for you and Jom! :lol

I will be sending them soon, Angel. I wish I could send you the Nova costume with the heads, and maybe I will, if time permits. Then you could paint the Jeff Corey "Caspy" mask eyes at the same time as the other two. In fact that is what I'll do...

I'll send it all together, that way it will force me to begin work on that costume in order to get the "Caspy".

It sounds like a plan to me!

Sometimes... we all need that kind of motivating factor! Thanks Jom! In addition, you're getting the ape horn and that extra purple robe I promised you.:blissy I better get those eyes painted on your Caspy mask.

Last edited:
I think you did a fine job with the painting of the good General. The Mego sculpt is lacking and is not up to todays standards. I would love to see before and after shots of what Ursus looked like and what you have done to him. I'm sure it is quite a contrast!

Luckily I took a before shot. Here is the fugliness in all its glory. He looks bright orange because I just scrubbed his face down with dishwashing detergent to get all the clay gunk off of him and took a photo before he dried. Yeah, I know these heads are just not up to today's standards, but I get a kick out of making them look better than what they started with. I think he looks loads better now. Goodnight guys. I was off the computer because I was watching junk tv and filing stuff I took home from the office.

Last edited:
Jess, I must say, you have given that Mego gorilla a new life!
Angel, what can I say? Your stuff is, I think, the inspiration that drives all of us here now. PLMK if you're going to be casting those Mendez busts and Fatman heads.
I hope that soon I will be able to dive back into this feet first. I have brainstormed a few other ideas that are not on my list but I'd like to accomplish. Time and room permitting.
I think maybe I'll see if I can't find a different way to get some open mouths on the apes as they really do add a whole different dimension to them.

Back