Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good night guys. My eyes feel fried, and need to catch some snooze too. Angel I was wondering how you are going to cut that plastic material once you get a hold of it...and when you paint it, which type of paint would best adhere to something like that. That is pretty innovative though, because at least all of the hieroglyphs will be the same thickness throughout.

I was rewatching Beneath and I could have sworn I saw a female chimp in the assembly at one of the pans during Ursus' speech. I couldn't verify by the type of clothing, but the hair was quite long. Or am I just seeing things?

Mutants eating Corn!!!:monkey5:monkey5

Well here's my Day 2 turn out. I ended watching both NFL playoff games today so I slacked a little, only only six hours today starting at 8pm PST :monkey4 And two hours trying lights and setting up my camera. I can't wait to get a nice still camera. :rolleyes:

ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08A.jpg

ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08B.jpg

ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08D.jpg

ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08C.jpg

ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08E.jpg

Time for bed. Good night all.

Hey Angel, I have some Hasbro boots, if those will do. Just let me know.

Blurry huh?... :sleep

What can I say? This ape dwelling has me just speechless. Speechless! I am without words! Let me just say it is going to look out of this world in the next ape movie you make Stickman!

Keep it coming buddy! You’re doing a wonderful job. :)

STICKS - Sorry I missed you. It looks like you just signed off and crashed for bed. How many extra pairs of the Hasbro boots do you have? I don't want to take any of them from you if you need them. We can't have your apes running around in their bare monkey feet! I'll find something if that's the case.

Let's here it for Federal Holidays! I'm off from work today! Who else is with me? ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Proto – I was just over the Yahoo ape site where you posted all your ape pictures. I was looking at all your photographs again. I’ve always liked the Morton Hack Chimp drawing and that bronze Caesar head. These are truly beautiful pieces of artwork!

It’s really too bad there isn’t a high quality book that has all the great ape artwork in one book. I’d love to see a hardcover coffee table book, packed full BIG pictures. (Hey. Did someone say coffee?)

It would be extraordinary if we could see some larger pictures of all that artwork that was featured in the Inkworks card collection.

I took a vacation day today but had plans to meet a friend, so I'll be popping in and out. Sticks, I am impressed by that dwelling. I can't wait until you get a still camera....

I was re-reading my post from late last night. I had mentioned that I swore I saw a female chimp--duh! That's not what I meant. When the camera was panning through the orangutan crowd, I could have sworn I saw a female orangutan on the lower right part of the screen. The hair was quite long. I'm going to review again and go frame by frame today.

Also, I think I saw a female orangutan photo at some Sci-Fi museum up in Washington, but never in person--only on the internet.

Ciao, Jess.

(Hey. Did someone say coffee?)

That is the Magic Word of the Day!

Good morning all.

Angel what can I still do to the Ape house? I may go Home Depot today with my brother so nows the time. I'm tuckered. :lol

For the Hasbro boots I have the red soldier boots, and Black Ursus boots. I was planning on using the Red uniform again with SS' black vest and gloves, not sure which boots would look better with this attire. Black or Red?

So, You can have the other pair no problem. It's too early for my brain, so you decide. I'll send the boots with 3 open gorilla heads, for you to gouge open. :monkey5

I want to talk to you about gouging open those 3 gorilla heads. Yikes! I think there would be far more benefit if I were to just cast mine for you, rather than sculpting them all over again. Each head I gouge open will take me around 3 hours of time. Yikes again!

Hold off on this for a moment while we both consider going the route of casting these heads that I've already done. If everyone kicks in $$$ to buy the rubber, the costs will drop an awful lot. We've played that round’em up game before and we’ve always fallen short of getting enough people involved. This may not pan out, but KFog wants more gorilla heads. If we get another person who wants some custom heads we're in business.

In the meantime, here's another picture of Ape City for your perusal.

Last edited:
It would be cool if someone made those thatched huts from the ape market place pictured in that photo!

Hey Jom - just get off from work?

I’ve been enjoying the day off guys. I sanded down the orangutan table today and then painted it completely black along with the three ape chairs, the lawgiver bust (behind Doctor Maximus) and all the table objects.

I’m going to start making one of the artful partitions today (I think). We’ll see how that goes.

Sticks - I still need to check the volume of those wagon pieces for the right amount of resin to keep costs down. I’ll do that tonight for you and start getting you some answers.

It would be cool if someone made those thatched huts from the ape market place pictured in that photo!

Hey guys, if your still on and can reply in a few minutes, I'd appreciate it. There are sure to be more connecting buildings to this house, I need some suggestions as I will be leaving shortly to visit Lowes, or Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Was the door fixed correctly/ The way I have this house, I can do the Interior to. :eek: I will work on getting some nice branches, and other little props in the coming days. I need more boxes like Christopher Walken needs more Cow Bells.

Angel, i was hoping you would make casts, especially for the Bridgekeeper sculpt. Just know that I am in for three heads, and plan on sending you a starter check for the wagon and chairs in the next couple of days. :D

Let me know what color boots to. Red or Black.

DR. Z, I was wondering why my mailbox was full, I thought I emptied it long ago, when Jom told me it was full. Apparently I had 50 old messages I didn't know about. Mailbox is officially empty!

Jess said that there might be a female orangutan in one these shots if I understood her right. I think I took the right screen captures.

Last edited:
Angel, I was wondering if you could get a nice close-up shot of those partitions and simply print them out on really good paper, and work them into a frame? May save a lot of time, unless you can make that fancy ape art.

Jess said that there might be a female orangutan in one these shots if I understood her right. I think I took the right screen captures.

I am am man that has been infected with a terrible ape flu. I need to visit the Mad House!

Just placed an order for:

6 Zira,
6 Cornelius,
6 Mutant Leaders
4 Dr. Zauis
2 Caesar

:monkey4:monkey4

Just need a Vision Lawgiver, and a few more apes.

Sticks – rather than make a sculpt for that mute human I’ll just sell you one of mine. It’ll be cheaper for you and easier for me. Plus you’ll get the entire SS body. I know eBay will have them again for less than $20.

As far as what to recommend for supplies at Lowes, I can’t think that fast. The building on the left of yours if separated from the ape dwelling I believe. (You’re forcing me to work and think fast.) To the left of your build is the staircase Taylor runs up during the movie. To the right of that staircase is the arena where Ursus gives his magnificent speech.

With regard to your mailbox being full, you have to delete your inbox and your outgoing box. These to boxes when added together cannot exceed 50 messages.

Angel, I was wondering if you could get a nice close-up shot of those partitions and simply print them out on really good paper, and work them into a frame? May save a lot of time, unless you can make that fancy ape art.

So you don't think that I can make that fancy ape art... but the apes can?

It’s a great idea Sticks, but I've already made a pattern on paper of the partition. (Through use of my computer of course.)

Last edited:
I am am man that has been infected with a terrible ape flu. I need to visit the Mad House!

Just placed an order for:

6 Zira,
6 Cornelius,
6 Mutant Leaders
4 Dr. Zauis
2 Caesar

:monkey4:monkey4

Just need a Vision Lawgiver, and a few more apes.

I'm not sure of that opening sentence buddy... but it sounds like you just went ape at AMOKTIME.COM

Back