Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm off again from work today. :sick

Being home allows me a a bit of time to work on that "secret little item" that no one could guess. I know that I'll be done with it really soon, so I'll post some pix of it tomorrow night for all to see.

On a side note: I know PZ and Ironman were both interested in getting a resin head made from my Galen figure. KFog was wanting a couple different gorilla heads with open mouths. (I guess you guys just can't agree huh?) It's simply not cost effective to make 2 heads. I know you guys won't like the price. If I get at least 3 heads of any one figure, you guys can get an affordable new ape heads. What say you Ape fans?

I sure am going to miss your craftsmanship on the outfits there Jom. You really did a great job. I understand how things get mundane. This diorama is taking so long already. :lol I only wanted one house.

Making the same things over & over does get very mundane. Making all those ape flags, conquest armbands, whistles and mancathers wore me out. I understand were JJ and Sticks are coming from.

Angel, I'm in for one of whatever simian sculpts I can get.
Right now consider me on the "wait list" for
- Galen
- Lucius
- female gorilla
- the orangutan council
- Fat man [ok, not an ape but you know what I mean :monkey3 ]

I was wondering why your posts have been few and far between as of late but didn't quite know how to ask where you have been. And a belated congratulations on passing the 2000 post mark.

Jess.

Thanks Jess. Seems like I only have enough time recently to catch up on past posts without any time to respond. :rolleyes:

I've become more of a lurker than a poster. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I don’t even know who this guy is!

That was the point of my post... to expose the Ape fans of this thread, especially the new comers, to his exceptional work with the Apes. And yes Jess, that Milo is a stunner. :D

And I'm looking forward to more "pics from Sticks" as his Ape City develops. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I unfortunately didn't get any glyphs from Chris before he warped out of here. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

What happened to Chris? Kfog, can you post photos of the glyphs, and what are they made of? I am curious now.

Jungle, remember that very ugly doll I had? I popped off his head and threw away the Barbie body. (I have never owned a Barbie before and I refuse to have one now)...Anyway, I just had a non-ape related idea. Can you tell me what kind of body I could attach him to? I want to make him complete and then I plan on making him a Qin terracotta soldier. I think he would look cool as that.

Jess.

Last edited:
I'm off again from work today. :sick

Being home allows me a a bit of time to work on that "secret little item" that no one could guess. I know that I'll be done with it really soon, so I'll post some pix of it tomorrow night for all to see.

On a side note: I know PZ and Ironman were both interested in getting a resin head made from my Galen figure. KFog was wanting a couple different gorilla heads with open mouths. (I guess you guys just can't agree huh?) It's simply not cost effective to make 2 heads. I know you guys won't like the price. If I get at least 3 heads of any one figure, you guys can get an affordable new ape heads. What say you Ape fans?[/QUOTE

I know that Stickman and I are on the same page as far as wanting Open mouthed Gorillas! Anybody else with us!:monkey5

What happened to Chris? Kfog, can you post photos of the glyphs, and what are they made of? I am curious now.

Jungle, remember that very ugly doll I had? I popped off his head and threw away the Barbie body. (I have never owned a Barbie before and I refuse to have one now)...Anyway, I just had a non-ape related idea. Can you tell me what kind of body I could attach him to? I want to make him complete and then I plan on making him a Qin terracotta soldier. I think he would look cool as that.

Jess.

Jess...

Chris (Snickertown) went "APE" when Angel told him that he didn't have any problem with Sideshow's Gorilla outfits. Then he went on a tirade about how he didn't like Sideshow's products, and began calling Sideshow "Slimeshow". It was all really quite strange... Ask Angel about it!

I don't know what a Qin terracotta soldier is; but I wish you luck with it.

Jess... I can't find your post but I remember you asked if Zira's body could be used as a dress dummy to make Nova's outfit.

The answer is yes.

Jess/KFog - Each of you need to find a cool picture you like and use it as your own custom avatar.

Here is the path to do that... USER CP > EDIT AVATAR (then use Custom Avatar)

Last edited:
I'm so confused... I KNOW that I posted all of the open mouth gorillas pix last night and they're all gone now. What the heck happened during the night?! Ironman saw them and commented on them, and now his comments are also gone! What the heck is happening with this thread???

I'll repost the same pix once again (tonight) so that KFog, Sticks and Jess can decide what open mouth gorilla is wanted amongst them. I'm not sure if Ironman is going to get one or not as it's not on his "wish list."

Angel, yes, I saw all the gorillas you posted! I even commented on them--don't know what happened. I liked them all and I said (though that comment is gone too) that I would go with the majority vote. I even remembered seeing Ironman's comments after you posted the photos too. This is weird.

Last edited:
Jess...

Chris (Snickertown) went "APE" when Angel told him that he didn't have any problem with Sideshow's Gorilla outfits. Then he went on a tirade about how he didn't like Sideshow's products, and began calling Sideshow "Slimeshow". It was all really quite strange... Ask Angel about it!

I don't know what a Qin terracotta soldier is; but I wish you luck with it.

Oh. I have seen that post regarding the tirade but I thought that was about Stickman (because he had been gone for awhile too). I guess I got them confused--sorry!

Here's a ditty about the terra cotta soldiers: Recently discovered in 1974 by Chinese peasants who were drilling a well, the tomb of Qin Shi Huangdi proved to be one of the greatest archaeological finds in both historical importance and in sheer physical bulk. Archaeologists were uncertain when the excavations began of the great magnitude of this site. The although the tomb itself is, according to legend, very elaborate and beautiful, the center piece of Shi Huangdi's mausoleum is the terra-cotta army of approximately 8,000 life-sized men and horses. Individually sculpted of 3 inch thick terra-cotta clay, each soldier and horse is unique, each with its own style of dress. I think he would look cool on my fireplace mantle. I will also paint him in greys and some earthtones, to try to make him look like terra-cotta.

Do you know what type of body I need to complete the figure? I will make the armor and undergarments--and I will give him a nose job.

Ironman, I see an e-mail alert of your post but I don't see it on the forum. Strange. It is going through a Hasslein Curve.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
This thread is really travelling thru a Hasslein curve. Posts are here, then gone. I'm getting emails of answers to posts but when I click the link they're either not there or the link takes me to a completely different area. I got a PM last night but when I clicked on it it said is was an invalid address.... all very strange.
But, Angel, I have said that I'm in for new sculpts and everyone should realize that the gorillas are my faves.

Angel, I tried that any screen capture software.:monkey2 It doesn't work with my dvd(maybe because I have a pirated version?). Will have to try it with another dvd when I get home.

I haven't had any problems capturing the desired frames. You can capture ANY picture that is on the screen with that shareware. At least that's been the case with me Jess.

Hi Mark! I really like #4 and #5 painted please! I do indeed like them all though. Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

Angel...

I had that same garbage can that was in one of your photos. It was trashed many moons ago.

Great to see Taylor with his new and improved duds!

I just copied all of your Gorilla Pictures and have put them in my POTA file. Fantactic brotherman! I really love the details in the faces of them. The distinct looks go far and beyond. I really like them a lot better than the standard Sideshow Gorillas. What a fantastic job Angel!:monkey3

Back