Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have little bad news guys... sorry. We all know that things don’t always go as planned. I promised to reveal my "secret little project" tonight, but I’m not quite ready. Turns out I need another day or so.

Rather than post no pictures tonight, I decided to reveal a first-rate hint regarding my little project.

Last edited:
KFog did you see that e-mail I sent you concerning the Armando Project?

Yes! I would have loved to do that, but I need a little more time to find out what is going to happen with my job position. I think that February will be the telling tale of what will happen. Thanks, Kent.:monkey1

I little bad news guys... sorry. We all know that things don’t always go as planned. I promised to reveal my "secret little project" tonight, but I’m not quite ready. Turns out I need another day or so.

Rather than post no pictures tonight, I decided to reveal a first-rate hint regarding my little project.

I can't wait to see. It has to do with my favorite General...maybe when the soldiers first encounter the vision of the burning apes??? And, you probably fixed the General's helmet and outfitted him with real hair...???:rolleyes:

Is Gorilla #5 a re-working of Ironman's Urko? :confused:

I think I like Gorilla #4 the best. Having their mouths open make them look really different. :D

Amazing work, Angel! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

And I'm giving that Armando proposal some serious consideration. :cool:

NOW THAT LOOKS REALLY NICE!

And... It has got real leather flaps, just fantastic! Nice reworking of the Sideshow helmet. Is it scratch built or did you build upon the original Sideshow sculpt? The shape of it is so much more screen accurate now. The scale was way off in the Sideshow figure.

In the third photo, I see some sort of new gorilla tunic...

You're not going to go all Snickertown on us... Are you?

Thanx Jungle – Yes, real leather flaps were elongated much like he wore in the movie. I hacked the original Sideshow helmet up quite a bit, ripping off all the glyphs as I cut the helmet on a backward slant for a more radical angle. I then built up the back of the helmet quite a bit. I'm continuing to knit pick at it until it's just right. I know you really can’t see the glyphs in these photos, but I redid all of them because of the way I changed the angle on the front of his helmet.

Thanks for the feedback Jungle, I appreciate it. It's the gas that keeps me going!

Last edited:
Jungle - When I put added apoxie hair on any ape, I always add a vest and the foil covering to protect the figures body from the orange apoxie. By creating the bulkiness around his neck with the vest and the foil, I simply mold the new apoxie hair right down to the foil. After about 3 hours, I basically pull the foil away and remove the vest so that the orange apoxie doesn’t get on the vest. (That's what you see. That's a SS vest.)

STICKS - See that Hasbro boot in the 2nd picture??? That's the boot you just sent me! Thanks for taking care of me and sending those boots! Once I get another set I'll be ready to dress my two newest augmentated gorillas! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

:computer:computer:violin:zzwhip
Aw nuts, KFog that's a bummer, I wonder if all these folks would wait a whole month just to find out regarding the "Armando Project"?! I have 5 people who are interested and that are "in" right now. (Harry, Me, Ironman, Sticks, and Snickertown.) Jess and PZ may be joining in as well. Plus I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of other people who may help us out with this project.

If all 8 of us were "in" that would bring the cost down to $25 per head (unpainted). First class shipping would only be about $2.50 and the casting materials would be $4 for each of us.

If I get a couple more of my friends to sign on everything will be even cheaper!

Let's see what happens!

I've worked so hard at this job. Going in earlier than everone else, never missing a day, and staying in front of my computers. What else can a person do to get a permanent position. It sucks being a contractor when I should be making more money. All my schooling, training, and experience should be paying off now.

Kfog...

I feel you pain. As a freelancer, things are not too much better for me. I've found that no matter how good a job you do, no matter how much effort you put in, no matter how many times you save the day... The people who get those full time permanent positions are the ones who suck up shamelessly.

Their performance is secondary.

:rock2:chug
Kfog...

I feel you pain. As a freelancer, things are not too much better for me. I've found that no matter how good a job you do, no matter how much effort you put in, no matter how many times you save the day... The people who get those full time permanent positions are the ones who suck up shamelessly.

Their performance is secondary.

Hi Jungle. I can tell that you can relate to this situation. I have excelled in many ways and am seen as a threat. My position as a Software Testing Engineer/Software Quality Assurance person takes a lot of computer knowledge. I should go next door to GoDaddy.com and work. I should be enjoying the festivities that are going on all over in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale area here. So many movie Stars Parties, the Super bowl, The FBR open, John Travoltas Party with Carmen Electra and REO Speedwagon, Snoop Dog in Scottsdale and many other cool bands playing in Tempe.

Back