Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks - I haven't said anything about your Amphitheatre... I'm sorry. :duh

What more can I add, that hasn't been said? She's a real beauty! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Angel, the Great Grand Master never has to explain himself!:D

I'm going to have my garrison guard ape city as long as they can, hopefully I will still have motivation when the slave wagon arrives and I can make a better film for the Ape Freaks. :joy

I'll be back later.

Sticks...

You've had enough sleep to last you... Now it's time to start earning your back pay!

please dont pummel me for asking this but............why doesnt POTA have its own section? i mean this is a world unto itself just like any other franchise albeit a tad older than "star wars" but no less the iconic movie ...........i could see various discussion threads from gen discussion to customs (and many many more in between)..............and my what awesome custom work you guys & gals do...........my hats off to the lot of you. OR.........do you apers like just the one thread. please dont misinterpret or take offense at my nativity but i am a bit perplexed that you are relegated to general movies section. i peek in here on occasions but find it quite hard to decipher over 6000 posts.

please dont pummel me for asking this but............why doesnt POTA have its own section? i mean this is a world unto itself just like any other franchise albeit a tad older than "star wars" but no less the iconic movie ...........i could see various discussion threads from gen discussion to customs (and many many more in between)..............and my what awesome custom work you guys & gals do...........my hats off to the lot of you. OR.........do you apers like just the one thread. please dont misinterpret or take offense at my nativity but i am a bit perplexed that you are relegated to general movies section. i peek in here on occasions but find it quite hard to decipher over 6000 posts.

I feel your love barryo...

But we are a small and tight knit group... I do not want to speak for the others, but I think one thread will suffice. If ya love the Apes check in here.

But we are a small and tight knit group... I do not want to speak for the others, but I think one thread will suffice. If ya love the Apes check in here.

Ditto for me. This concentrates ALL of the ape goodness in one easy thread. It's the only one I check frequently all day...everyday...I started from the first post on this THREAD THAT WILL NOT DIE and worked my way up to 5000 posts before I was lured out of lurkdom.

i can dig that............yall fly under the underappreciated radar so to speak..........and like i posted earlier, there is a wealth of customizing/tweaking talent in this section alone (im a novice customizer myself.....no line in particular) and it actually makes me smile that you guys just chug along everyday in your one thread and seem to get along just peachy. there are some other threads on this board that could learn some lessons from the apes..... :monkey3 :lol........but seriously......i need to visit this section more often. but could someone give me a search term within this thread that could point me out to a lot of you guys/gals custom talents without me having to start at page one and work my way thru? (i know of sticks and a couple others but was wondering if there is a certain beginning page that would get me started?) thanks in advance.

Hey Angel...

Your Nova outfit now has a top! All I have left to do is sew the thin leather strips that connect the top to the bottom and do a little weathering and then I will have the whole thing off to you. I'll need another weekend or two but it is in the home stretch.

It has turned into more of a "Beneath" outfit though and is skimpy. More than my own and the one I made for Snick. It is more of what I had in mind when I made the first one.

Hey Angel...

Your Nova outfit now has a top! All I have left to do is sew the thin leather strips that connect the top to the bottom and do a little weathering and then I will have the whole thing off to you. I'll need another weekend or two but it is in the home stretch.

It has turned into more of a "Beneath" outfit though and is skimpy. More than my own and the one I made for Snick. It is more of what I had in mind when I made the first one.

:naughty :naughty :naughty

Barryo, if you want information from this Mega thread, and you don't want to go through all 6000 posts, maybe you should just ask someone if you have a question. There are many experts here who would be able to answer your question.

Jungle, I can't wait to see that HOT outfit you are making...photos please!!!

Last edited:
Barryo, if you want information from this Mega thread, and you don't want to go through all 6000 posts, maybe you should just ask someone if you have a question. There are many experts here who would be able to answer your question.

Jungle, I can't wait to see that HOT outfit you are making...photos please!!!

You may just have to wait until Angel gets it. My camera is on the fritz so I can't get any shots out for you guys.

Welcome Barryo!

Angel, If I don't get a chance to talk to you have a nice, and safe trip.

Here's another one for the books. Friday morning I was experiencing something weird with my computer, but didn't think much of it. After a while it got worse, it went dark. :horror

After working with tech support for two and a half hours, we got it back on line, Friday night it crashed hard again, and before it crashed it said all my pictures were now missing media. :horror :horror

After nine hours at the apple store, she's back, with a new board, and graphics card. Thank goodness for coverage.

I've spent the last few hours reconnecting all of my media, so I need to hustle tomorrow. I need to be fully finished by Thursday morning because I leave for CT.

Thanks again Ape freaks for all the moral support, kind words, and keen insights.

You make this thread #1

Welcome barryo!!
While 6000 posts do take some time to peruse, there is a progression to how the customs have grown in size and detail here. That is something I would recommend at least scanning thru just to see the growth and in turn, ALL the wonderful work posted here since the beginning.
Angel, good luck on the auction. Do you have any more of the ape heads that you are selling?
I must admit I never thought I'd see the day when Escape became a centerpoint of the thread. Good work!!!

wow, i had about some time to kill earlier yesterday and dove into this thread starting from the beginning.........i mainly was wanting to see the customs and purchased figures and what was basically going on with this thread..........all i can say is WOWZA...:google. though i did not get thru it all and buzzed thru pages without pics just to save a little time :D. holy crap ya'll are some ape freaks :lol. i love it. makes me wish i had come in here more often and at an earlier point. i def will be back to visit more often. rock on apers :rock

Back