Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barryo... Feel free to drop in any time, you are more than welcome. Feel free to throw your two cents in as well. We thrive on new ideas!

Sticks--how frightening that must have been...glad it's all worked out, and all your HARD work is still there! Holy Cr@P! I would have been sweating bullets...and all those other wonderful verbs that I can't type on this beautiful thread.

Ironman is right, Barryo. There are wonderful gems hidden in this super mega thread--just keep poking at it when time permits. I still go back on occasion, when there are no monkeys around to chatter with in Central City. :D

Last edited:
Thants a real nice picture there Angel, Which sculpt number is that? #5?

Hi Stickman! That would be Gorilla #6 and I bought that one also. Angel did a fantastic job on it and the rest I received from him. I will post full pictures of them this week. Thanks Angel!:monkey5

Hi Snickertown. I sent you a couple extra items that I thought you may like. They are made of wood and the Gorillas carry them. My riddle for today.:cool:

Oh, I have another question for Angel as pertaining to the wagons being completed for Sticks and Snickertown. I found a wooden Axle that I feel would go with these wagon. If I had the right dimentions in length and the diameter of the inner wheels, I can check. I believe that they are only around $4.00 each. LNK! Thanks, Kent.:cool:

KFOG - It sounds like someone wants my gorillaz to go clubbing. Thx.

Here are some pix of the chair and Alan Virdon.

Hi Snickertown. The chair and sculpt look fabuloso! I look forward to seeing the Icarus cockpit completed with Virdon sitting in the chair. Cool stuff Brother Ape!:monkey5

Sticks--how frightening that must have been...glad it's all worked out, and all your HARD work is still there! Holy Cr@P! I would have been sweating bullets...and all those other wonderful verbs that I can't type on this beautiful thread.:D

:rotfl That is exactly how I felt Jessica.

Well it's a wrap, I finished my Martini shot early this morning and recorded all of my folley sfx. Woo hoo.

Hi Stickman! That would be Gorilla #6 and I bought that one also. Angel did a fantastic job on it and the rest I received from him. I will post full pictures of them this week. Thanks Angel!:monkey5

Ahhh, Ohhh, yeahhhh, I think that's the one I got, but I'm not sure, as I don't have him out at the moment.

Since there are no other monkeys to chatter with, may I be the first to congratulate you, Stickman. A toast with grape juice plus from me!

Bad news for me guys. The Joann Fabric store near my work AND house are both folding shop. Everything is in liquidation. Instead, they will open up a bigger super mega Joann fabric store halfway between my office and house. Bummer for me. No more lunchtime jaunts to the fabric store. Going to the fabric store from now on will be an extra hassle. I was going to buy some fabric, but there was a 2 yard minimum for every single type of fabric that you took to the cutting table...and I didn't want to do that when I only needed a quarter yard. Sometimes life isn't fair.

I told my mom about it, and she said, "Oh well. By the time they make that super store maybe you may have tired of your new hobby." Yeah, right!!

Last edited:
With the state of things these days, I feel much like Taylor. I hate to be political, but my faith in the system, has been shaken. We have three Leaders to choose from and... at the same time... no one, to choose from. I'm at a point, where Taylor said in, "Beneath" :

"Let them annialate each other"

We are in bad times my friends.

This from a guy doing well... lifestyle wise. I have not experienced a hardship yet... But...

I see it... AND... It's on it's way.................................

Where did all the monkeys go? Central City is too quiet...

What are your current projects? I am trying my hand at sculpting and it's coming along swimmingly.

I also am almost done with a set of Mego-sized ANSA outfits--yay, me! That was quite an undertaking. I am at the halfway point with this set.

Hopefully soon I will receive the dolls to outfit a Fat Scotty outfit from Star Trek, and a Hulk body so I could resize a Gorn outfit.

Angel, I was looking for a t-shirt today for one of my boys and came across a checked pair of pants. Unfortunately, the wrong color for Cornelius's suit or it would have served as perfect fodder for a new suit--but it sparked an idea--Maybe I need to start looking at boys suits!! The material is usually very THIN and the odds are high for finding a small checked pattern in a light gray!!

Also, I still have not found the perfect fabric for Virdon/Burke's blue top. Which is which? I can't remember which one wears the blue outfit--but I came up with a crazy idea--how about I KNIT the shirt? Is that whack or what? I just have to find the right color and weight of yarn. I have small knitting needles--Crazy?

Last edited:
Also, I still have not found the perfect fabric for Virdon/Burke's blue top. Which is which? I can't remember which one wears the blue outfit--but I came up with a crazy idea--how about I KNIT the shirt? Is that whack or what? I just have to find the right color and weight of yarn. I have small knitting needles--Crazy?

I always thought about cutting up cheap washcloths or using terri cloth (is that how its spelled?) for Virdon & Burke's clothes. Burke wears blue BTW.

Back