Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so FRICKIN DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe how unhappy I am feeling this moment....:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I just missed a big screen showing of Planet of the Apes at the Castro in San Francisco, just thirty bloody minutes away from me....and if I had taken off straight from work it would have been 20 minutes. I have not seen it shown in over 15 years at a big screen theater. I didn't even realize it until somebody posted it on the POTA Yahoo group just now. Why? Oh WHY???????? Life sucks....big time. :banghead :banghead :banghead

I am so FRICKIN DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe how unhappy I am feeling this moment....:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I just missed a big screen showing of Planet of the Apes at the Castro in San Francisco, just thirty bloody minutes away from me....and if I had taken off straight from work it would have been 20 minutes. I have not seen it shown in over 15 years at a big screen theater. I didn't even realize it until somebody posted it on the POTA Yahoo group just now. Why? Oh WHY???????? Life sucks....big time. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Cheer up Jess. Just think of HD/Blue-Ray up-coming releases. Classic films are always best enjoyed at home, with a good home theater. To hell with the audience experience.

You need a big screen theater for new releases, and you need that shared experience, of an audience, to create a new classic.

Is the classic Planet of the Apes Saga slanted to the Blu-ray treatment soon? I haven't heard any details.

I'm not sure how good the print was for the San Francisco screening, but the last time I saw the original film on the big screen (over ten years ago) the print was quite bad. Still it was fun seeing on the big screen again. :D

It was supposed to be the brand new 35mm print...Is that the one that was released on DVD as a 6-pack, with Behind Planet of the Apes?

I also owe PZ, Jessica, Sticks and Snick one of my Ursus helmets. I'll be making those for you guys over the next couple of days as well.

ANG - Fantastic! Thank you!!!!! That helmet is going towards an Ironman inspired Urko figure I've been putting together for a couple years.

ALL - No worries on apes vs. human 1:6 heads. I really need a Burke to finish off my tv show motif.

Is the classic Planet of the Apes Saga slanted to the Blu-ray treatment soon? I haven't heard any details.

I'm not sure how good the print was for the San Francisco screening, but the last time I saw the original film on the big screen (over ten years ago) the print was quite bad. Still it was fun seeing on the big screen again. :D

Every couple of years the original film will show up here in NYC. Decent prints.
But...
The last time I saw it I was kind of surprised to find the theater pretty packed on a Saturday afternoon.
"Wow, look at all the POTA fans" I thought.
So the movie starts, and Heston starts his opening monologue and I notice laughs through out the theater that lasted almost the whole movie.
It seemed that the majority of the people there were there to just laugh at the movie, a la Mystery Science Theater!
I was so pissed off!

Between that and cell phones and babies crying and people talking in general, it's almost not worth going to the movies at all anymore.
:(

-Ray

I also owe PZ, Jessica, Sticks and Snick one of my Ursus helmets. I'll be making those for you guys over the next couple of days as well.

Wow, Great Angel. Thats awfully nice of you, thanks a bunch. My general sure can use a better fitting helmet, as you all will hopefully soon see.

I got back into town late Tuesday night. I saved sending my SideShow film till I returned because I wanted to show a few people and get feedback. Happily everyone loved it. I had one minor tweak to make and shipped it out yesterday. :banana

So, when it comes down to voting time, please remember the APES! I hope SideShow will. :joy

Every couple of years the original film will show up here in NYC. Decent prints.
But...
The last time I saw it I was kind of surprised to find the theater pretty packed on a Saturday afternoon.
"Wow, look at all the POTA fans" I thought.
So the movie starts, and Heston starts his opening monologue and I notice laughs through out the theater that lasted almost the whole movie.
It seemed that the majority of the people there were there to just laugh at the movie, a la Mystery Science Theater!
I was so pissed off!

Between that and cell phones and babies crying and people talking in general, it's almost not worth going to the movies at all anymore.
:(

-Ray

There's always the bunch of stupid humans that you want to grab by the throat and put a gag on...I know. Those are the ones that need to be tagged for target practice so I can shoot them. But it is rather cool and rare to see it on the big screen. It's been more than 15 years for me since I saw it last at the Paramount in Oakland.

Ray, :welcome!! I have never seen you before in Central City.

Jess - I was wondering what you thought of that Aldo gorilla head from SNICK. You haven't mentioned it...

Angel, I've been wondering what you thought of the picture I sent you? You still haven't given me any feedback, or reply. :confused:

Have I been banished from Ape City? :google :lol

With a name like Ursus3978 you a very worthy (and quite welcome) to visit us more often. It's good to have more company here! :)

Thanks.

I've posted from time to time here.
I love all the custom stuff I've been seeing. It's all great work.

Glad you like my screen name (even though I have the year wrong for Ursus. It should be 3955!)

-Ray
www.rayalma.com

Hello Jess,

I noticed your ANSA mego size suits a while back. GREAT job. I wonder if Diamond select will be making any of these. I think they did a great job on their upcoming Star Trek TOS Sulu figure. There has also been rumors of them redesigning their Gorn figure to be more screen accurate then the original release. I think Diamond Select is a great up and coming company. I bought a Star Trek Prop phaser, and communicator, and both are excellent. The Communicator rocks, and has some weight to it, not just a flimsy piece of plastic. I can't wait for them to release the Tricorder!

I received my FZ Dr. Z from SideShow while I was away. I am so happy that someone posted a while back that he was still available. Did anyone else put an order in? If not, I strongly recommend you do. Jess are you listening? With only 500 made, he is sure to be heavily sought after by future collectors. I love the gloves and boots on this figure.

Sticks, I think Kfog tried to purchase one but he said they were sold out so I didn't even try...Snick is going to hook me up with the boots and I will probably have to sculpt his hands myself.

And...WELCOME BACK!

Sticks, I think Kfog tried to purchase one but he said they were sold out so I didn't even try...Snick is going to hook me up with the boots and I will probably have to sculpt his hands myself.

And...WELCOME BACK!

Thank you so much Jess, it feels good to be back. It was a little tough being back east at my parents, they have a very slow computer which made reading this thread with all these posts nearly impossible. :lol

Dr. Z is reported to be sold out, and I am not sure how K-Fog tried to order, you must put him on your wait list. Within a week he should be converted over to processing now. You might want to still give it a shot, You'll have nothing to lose. I can't wait to see some more of your outfits. Will you be doing strickly POTA? If you ever trickle over to Star Trek TOS, I think my Klingons could use a new Silver/Black outfit. :D

Sticks, I placed my order and I'm on a waitlist--so if it happens it's meant to be and if not, then something better will come along...PERHAPS SS WILL CREATE MORE APES!!! That would be a dream come true...

I'm making Ironman and Snick Virdon clothing, and then I haven't seen it yet but I am waiting for somebody to send me their fat Mego body so I will sew together a Fat Scotty red uniform from Star Trek. I am sure I can do other stuff, but I won't do anything other than apes unless somebody asked.

Back