Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jess... I didn't know you were lurking out there... So, I'll say a good night to you also!

Ta Ta...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzz.........zzzzzzz..............zzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Kirk here....

I saw the shot.... One word....

AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'll give you my full critique tomorrow. I've just got to go. Hell, I'm on the east coast for God's Sake!

A final goodnight, my furry companions!

Hey Jess... I didn't know you were lurking out there... So, I'll say a good night to you also!

Ta Ta...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzz.........zzzzzzz..............zzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

"I think he's gone sir." The private said sadly.

"Hey, He's alive sir!!" shouted the private excitedly.

"Corpsman get this man a stretcher!" bellowed the Major to his orderly.

Thanks a bunch Jom, Good night my friend!

Last edited:
Jessica, where did you go? I'm off to see "I am legend" now. Have a good night!

Sticks--I am awake. I forgot to watch Planet of the Apes at 8PM so I am rewatching it again. Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could give you a big hairy hug I would.

IRON - Do you have enough material for two Burke shirts? If not I'll go out this week and pick some up.

STIX - Thx! I really like those gorillaz too. I have most of the parts for Urko. With the ever awesome ANG casting me a helmet, Urko will just need to be assembled. I'm thinking I'll work on him this week or next week. I'll post some pix soon.

Last edited:
IRON - Do you have enough material for two Burke shirts? If not I'll go out this week and pick some up.

That would better be decided by Jess. I found a "cloth" while trying to do all of my wife's work and immediately confiscated it. When I get it ot to her, if she says she can get two from it...ENJOY one!!
Eventually, I have to catch up with all of you on getting glyphs, and helmets and open mouthed heads, etc.......

I have a backup plan. I have a pair of pants that I don't like anymore and that would make enough if your material won't work.

Hey Sticks! I got a chance to study your Ape City shot this morning. It really is unlike anything I've ever seen in a 1/6th scale dio. It is a well made set with an amazing amount of detail, texture and depth.

You may not win the contest but only because the Sideshow Ape line is all but dead. If it were alive and well, I don't think anyone could beat you. No matter who wins no one will match what you have done... No one! I am really looking forward to the premier. It is doubtful that anyone put 1/10th the amount of time and care into their productions.

You are really quite a talent. I hope you can figure out how to use your talents and make the contacts you'll need to create a career in film, television or the arts.

Good Luck with the contest and in all of your future work. I hope Sideshow lets us vote on the best film!

Kfog, I am still collecting material for the TV astronauts, so when I get going I will hook you up.

Hey Sticks! I got a chance to study your Ape City shot this morning. It really is unlike anything I've ever seen in a 1/6th scale dio. It is a well made set with an amazing amount of detail, texture and depth.

You may not win the contest but only because the Sideshow Ape line is all but dead. If it were alive and well, I don't think anyone could beat you. No matter who wins no one will match what you have done... No one! I am really looking forward to the premier. It is doubtful that anyone put 1/10th the amount of time and care into their productions.

You are really quite a talent. I hope you can figure out how to use your talents and make the contacts you'll need to create a career in film, television or the arts.

Good Luck with the contest and in all of your future work. I hope Sideshow lets us vote on the best film!

Good morning all,

I have to go get ready for a doctor's appointment. Jom, I totally understand where you're coming from, that was one of my concerns but I gave in because I still believe in this line. The big surprise comes with the monologue however and not by the license itself. I simply use the apes as a parody, If that makes sense?

I've never won one thing in my life, never. And your right, if I don't win this I will be heartbroken. Not being able to work for the rest of my life has its heavy ups and downs, sometimes I want to stop the ride and get off, but the constant doctor appointments bring me back to what I'm trying to leave behind.

I am very curious to see the other entries, I do believe the audience will be able to vote, but then again, how much of that will be influenced by the buddy system. So we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes the wait is the best thing, so I'm just going to enjoy it and take it as it comes. I'm hoping the speech carries the SideShow message better, louder, and more direct than any of the competitors. My tittle is simple, Planet of the Apes by Adam Odell. I thnk voting happens in late June :google and the winners are announced late July. I could have surely done two, but the trip back east took a lot of time out of my schedule, so I have only one entry. GO APES! :joy

I'll talk to you all later this evening. Take care for now.

oh. P.S. Jessica, thanks for the hairy hug, :horror but no thanks! :lol:lol:lol

PPS. Kent - I didn't get a Hurrrumph from you!

That would better be decided by Jess. I found a "cloth" while trying to do all of my wife's work and immediately confiscated it.

IRON/JESS - Sounds like a plan. I'll check out Joanne Fabrics and see what they have to offer. I won't rule out JESS' pants plan either.

When I get it ot to her, if she says she can get two from it...ENJOY one!!
Eventually, I have to catch up with all of you on getting glyphs, and helmets and open mouthed heads, etc.......

IRON - PM me how many chimp/gorilla glyphs you need. The Zaius glyphs you need to email Matt S.

STIX - You're WAY too talented to be so down. Keep pushing. We're here for ya!

Good morning all,

I have to go get ready for a doctor's appointment. Jom, I totally understand where you're coming from, that was one of my concerns but I gave in because I still believe in this line. The big surprise comes with the monologue however and not by the license itself. I simply use the apes as a parody, If that makes sense?

I've never won one thing in my life, never. And your right, if I don't win this I will be heartbroken. Not being able to work for the rest of my life has its heavy ups and downs, sometimes I want to stop the ride and get off, but the constant doctor appointments bring me back to what I'm trying to leave behind.

I am very curious to see the other entries, I do believe the audience will be able to vote, but then again, how much of that will be influenced by the buddy system. So we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes the wait is the best thing, so I'm just going to enjoy it and take it as it comes. I'm hoping the speech carries the SideShow message better, louder, and more direct than any of the competitors. My tittle is simple, Planet of the Apes by Adam Odell. I thnk voting happens in late June :google and the winners are announced late July. I could have surely done two, but the trip back east took a lot of time out of my schedule, so I have only one entry. GO APES! :joy

I'll talk to you all later this evening. Take care for now.

oh. P.S. Jessica, thanks for the hairy hug, :horror but no thanks! :lol:lol:lol

PPS. Kent - I didn't get a Hurrrumph from you!

Hi Adam! What's a Hurrrumph?:confused:

IRON/JESS - Sounds like a plan. I'll check out Joanne Fabrics and see what they have to offer. I won't rule out JESS' pants plan either.

IRON - PM me how many chimp/gorilla glyphs you need. The Zaius glyphs you need to email Matt S.

STIX - You're WAY too talented to be so down. Keep pushing. We're here for ya!

Oh I know it's late but i wanted to check in. Thanks a bunch Chris! :peace

This is the best Thread on the whole Sideshow Forum!!!

Followed by 12 hurrrrumphs!

Back