Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a little sweatshop going at my house this evening. I couldn't get to the pants as I had planned, but I did bang out 3 vests and 2 more Burke shirts (one for me and one for Angel). Tomorrow I hope to make it to the post office as soon as they open before I go to work so that I can send out my little packages. So much to do and so little time!

I am wondering if the submissions to SS will be the same calibre as Stick's commercial. I have never seen any before Stick's videos, and all of his work is pretty stunning. As Jungle once said, if this doesn't kick life back into the Apes line....well, you know what he said.

I can't wait to see the Caesar statue. I bought a little girl barbie with pigtails years ago hoping to recreate the scene.

I was reading old posts, and I read how difficult it was for someone (was it Proto?) To see the Caesar statue in Roddy's Garden. I was there in January, the garden is ten minutes from where I live, and there was no one around, and seeing the statue was a non issue... I guess things have changed there.

By the way, 2112, is that a RUSH reference? That was the only time I thought Mike Judge got it wrong, when he had Beavis dis Rush. They should have loved Rush.

Snick, I would love to see a closeup of Armando's head. I need to see how I should apply my paints...seeing somebody else's work will help me immensely, when I get to that bridge.

JESS - I'll get some Armando pix to you. I still have to pick up the head from Sculptor McGee. BTW, that is sooo cool that you made us Burke outfits. I can't thank you enough.

ANG - The pedestal looks great. If we got you and STICKS together on a short film we could have the six chapter in the POTA saga.

STICKS - I watched all of your videos at least twice. They are beautifully shot, the sets are insane and they are exxxtremely entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing more. My fave shot is the one of Ursus in the arena and the background is blurred.

Sticks--I forgot to say that I love the voices in your Ape film. I was just thinking this morning how cool it would be if we got to see a real good ape film to continue the saga...

My friend finally saw a photo of Burke's blue shirt yesterday. She thought I knitted the blue top!! I told her I didn't knit as much as I used to because sewing is much more instant gratification.

Good luck Angel. Let me know what fleshtones you purchased. It will be some time before I start up on painting again though.

Kfog--did you need Burke's pants and vest too or was it only the shirt you needed?

Hi Jess! I need the full setup please! I really appreciate the time and effort going into these outstanding clothes. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Red Planet Toys painter wants $35.00 to paint the Armondo sculpt. He used to charge $20.00 per head! I cannot afford that! :monkey2

This guys got three very nice Gorillas listed on ebay!SIDESHOW PLANET OF THE APES 12" GORILLA SOLDIER FIGURE Item number: 250253993029 :monkey5

Hello All. I hope everything is well with everyone.

Angel, I was able to pick up your package today, but unfortunately will need to return it immediately, as I must have miss understood you and what we discussed prior. I'm sure the sculpts must be nice, but I won't risk opening them to even look at them. I will mail the box back to you tomorrow. I also mailed you the extra funds you asked for in the email last week.

Jom- I'm sorry that I haven't got your item off to you yet, but when I lost email last week it really set me back. I'll take care of you soon my friend.

Take care all, and have a good night.

No problem Sticks, things always come up. I, more than anyone, can understand that. Take your time and get things in order for yourself. Don't rush on my account...

Things are always in a state of flux. Today I was supposed to work until 2 am, but the primary was called early and I got out around midnight. I lost overtime, but who cares, I got off early. Thank goodness this was the final primary of this election cycle.

Did anyone listen to the Clinton speech? Does she know she lost?

Back