Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jessica! Did you say that you sent out the rest of the Burke and Virdon clothes with proper colors and everything. Whoa!:grouphug:family:mexwave:rock:blissy

Sorry Kfog...still in hand. My plan today is to make it to the post office as soon as I can scramble the heck out of here. I am sending out what I have photographed. I better not hear any complaints!!

Sorry Kfog...still in hand. My plan today is to make it to the post office as soon as I can scramble the heck out of here. I am sending out what I have photographed. I better not hear any complaints!!

Believe me, you won't! I just appreciate that you went through all the trouble for all of us. I think that you sent me the payment info through email. Thanks, Kent.:lecture:blah:drool:bow:huh

Me either! Please do not stress yourself out mailing them. I am glad that you said that Angel:peace

There are new versions coming out, but Amazon has the POTA Ultimate DVD Collection (Head) on sale for $58.99 right now.

I hate to think what I originally paid for the damn head. :(

I haven't about new versions being released on DVD. Is it going to be a Blu-Ray? Not that I currently have a Blu-Ray player. :rolleyes:

I want to meet that costume designer from the last Project Runway (Chris is his name, I think)...anyway, he used to be from SF. I loved his last designs and wished he had won only because he used human hair as trim for his outfits. Creepy but cool, in an ape type of fashion kind of way...

Jess - I don't think I've seen the last season of Project Runway. The human hair outfit sounds wild. If Chris was from SF you'll probably end up seeing him at some point. Maybe a book signing or appearance.

No worries on the outfits not being shipped.

Whomever is looking for a Virdon head email me. I hope to cast them tomorrow. Jess I owe you an Aldo head and backpack and resin gorilla boots but I'm not sure you still need the boots.

FYI - I am negotiating with another sculptor regarding an Urko head. I'm not sure if he'll work with the $200-$250 range but he's excellent. His art has been on many a magazine cover and he's from NJ.

I'm still in for the orang!! I'm still in for anything ape, even another gorilla. I can't seem to have enough apes.

I didn't make it the post office today, so sorry guys. I got there by 4:15, but the lines were LONG and I had to make a 4:30 appointment. I'll try again tomorrow, before I drag my *ss to the saltmines.

Snick--Chris is now living in New York.

Also, I won't need the boots cast anymore, since I finally snagged an exclusive Zaius.

Hmm....I wonder how many more Burkes Ada has sold. Perhaps she sold a bunch more this weekend. But then again, that's the optimist in me...

Jess - I don't think I've seen the last season of Project Runway. The human hair outfit sounds wild. If Chris was from SF you'll probably end up seeing him at some point. Maybe a book signing or appearance.

SHOOT! Sorry for the spoiler. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 I didn't realize you hadn't watched the latest Project Runway. It's a great show. I forget that guys also watch this kind of thing. :rolleyes:

I hate to think what I originally paid for the damn head. :(

I haven't about new versions being released on DVD. Is it going to be a Blu-Ray? Not that I currently have a Blu-Ray player. :rolleyes:

Definitely Blu-Ray, possibly standard as well. There is supposed to be a new book and a ton of extras included, the original Conquest ending the one I'm most looking forward to. October tentative release.

Hey is there any new Ape News? I thought they mentioned last year that there were still some new POTA items in the works? Any news would be helpful. Thanks.

Another Urko?! Aren't there enough gorillas available already? (Julius is about the only gorilla that I'd be interested in getting custom made as long as he were REALLY accurate. I may even try my hand at sculpting him just for fun someday...)

I wish everyone wanted some orangutans! ?

There are a plethora of gorillas to choose from, however, I'm looking for a super accurate Urko with the helmet already sculpted onto the head. Something that will make people think that Mark Leonard is back from the dead. No worries. It's something I need to do.

BTW, in that batch of heads I sent you there is a Julius head. It even has a place in the lips for a cigar. It was sculpted by the same guy who did Aldo.

JESS - No worries about the Project Runway spoiler. I have a bad habit of missing the last episode. Also, your Aldo head has been cast. I'm going to hollow out his head tonight.

Ada sold me 2 Burkes and I was thinking of picking up a version 1 Burke. I hope she sells the amount she needs to make it a success but since she charges $230 a sculpt I think her estimate of selling 25 heads is a little high but what do I know?

Last edited:
I'd still be in for another Orangutan. I like the Urko I had done and am pleased with the way he turned out. Between him and Angel's tweaking him into an open mouth version I don't need another Urko but I'll always divert for another cool gorilla sculpt. :monkey5
The garrison needs diversity. If I could sculpt I'd have Jason and Zako and so many others. So many great simian sculpts that could be!!

I'd still be in for another Orangutan. I like the Urko I had done and am pleased with the way he turned out. Between him and Angel's tweaking him into an open mouth version I don't need another Urko but I'll always divert for another cool gorilla sculpt. :monkey5
The garrison needs diversity. If I could sculpt I'd have Jason and Zako and so many others. So many great simian sculpts that could be!!

Iron - How are you with zap-a-gap and do you have a dremel. I just might have a gorilla head for you. I luv your Urko too. I'll use that version and save my cash.

Iron - How are you with zap-a-gap and do you have a dremel. I just might have a gorilla head for you. I luv your Urko too. I'll use that version and save my cash.

Zap-a-gap I'm not too bad with. Dremeling? I have a wagon load of heads that I haven't gotten the nerve to attempt dremeling out yet. I guess I'll have to buckle down and take them all out one day and just see what happens. My fear is cracking or breaking one that I can't get any longer.

Zap-a-gap I'm not too bad with. Dremeling? I have a wagon load of heads that I haven't gotten the nerve to attempt dremeling out yet. I guess I'll have to buckle down and take them all out one day and just see what happens. My fear is cracking or breaking one that I can't get any longer.

You handle the zap-a-gap and I'll dremel out the head tonight.

Back