Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, [dumb] question. Can I post a poll in this thread or do I need to start a fresh one? I don't see a poll option in the reply area.

Very interesting but it looks incredibly tedious. I can’t wait to see the updates. Thanks for posting this. :monkey5

Ironman1188 said:
Ok, [dumb] question. Can I post a poll in this thread or do I need to start a fresh one? I don't see a poll option in the reply area.

I think we Ape fans can handle supporting a second thread. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Interesting Ursus link. It looks like the good general will have quite the pompadour when this is finished. Very 60's rock band-esk...

:chew :chew :chew "Hey, Hey We're the Monkees!" :chew :chew :chew

I wonder if he will try and add the helmet afterward. :confused:

The Ursus with hair looks Awesome!!! Can't wait until we see him with his helment!!!

Dr_Zaius said:
The Ursus with hair looks Awesome!!! Can't wait until we see him with his helment!!!

That puny Sideshow helmet will have a great deal of difficulty fitting on a hairy head I would think.

I dunno... I think for the scale, I'd rather have sculpted hair.

But that is just me.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the board members, I thought that, in the area of "real" hair, Hasbro didn't do that bad of a job (with the exception of Dr. Zaius). I found that with a little trim and heating, that you could make the hair look pretty good. :eek:

Of course, the likenesses and the clothing were another matter.

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Of course, the likenesses and the clothing were another matter.

Yes the likenesses were off but Hasbro/kenner never had great likenesses. The Ursus did provide some decent uniform bits though and, as a whole, the line provides fairly good background fodder.

Yeah, who would have thought that the Hasbro Ursus helmet would be MUCH better than Sideshow's version? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

unfortunately, both of my Ursus' heads ripped at the base when I tried to take them off. I had to hot glue the whole head onto the bodies, so I never had a chance to remove the helmets. :monkey2

Picture027.jpg

Yes, some of the apes heads were much thinner at the point where the neck adapter connected. I used those heads as custom pieces here and there.

Micheal Crawford has submitted another review of Sideshow's Star Wars Line Mace WindU.

If you compare reviews, the Star Wars line has yet to compete with the Planet of the Apes ***3/4 rating!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Average points:

Star Wars:***1/2
POTA : ***3/4

:maul :monkey3 :lol

stickman said:
Star Wars:***1/2
POTA : ***3/4

Don't get too excited, a lot of those were a very enthusiastic POTA fan guest reviewer... although I personally can't find fault with the 4 POTA figures I have, the monkey arms are perfect on then :lol

Off the subject of the Sideshow Ape line but Ape releated about the new Return to the Planet of the Apes cartoon set.

The recent release of Return to the Planet of the Apes, the stand
alone set, is not the same as that released in the ultimate DVD set.
Oh, the cartoons are the same but the quaility is by far different.
The Ultimate sets are very poor quaility. No clean up or any
restoration. The new released set has been cleaned up and the
transfers are far greater than that in the Ultimate set. The newest
release are the best quaility you could expect for the Return cartoon.
So, if you have put off not getting these, go out and get them. They
are the better than the Ultimate release.
I noticed that in October Fox is re-releaseing the TV series. Could it
be that these have been re-mastered and cleaned? Will we get the
extras that were always promised and never delivered? Who knows???

Dr_Zaius said:
Off the subject of the Sideshow Ape line but Ape releated about the new Return to the Planet of the Apes cartoon set.

The recent release of Return to the Planet of the Apes, the stand
alone set, is not the same as that released in the ultimate DVD set.
Oh, the cartoons are the same but the quaility is by far different.
The Ultimate sets are very poor quaility. No clean up or any
restoration. The new released set has been cleaned up and the
transfers are far greater than that in the Ultimate set. The newest
release are the best quaility you could expect for the Return cartoon.
So, if you have put off not getting these, go out and get them. They
are the better than the Ultimate release.

I have a hard time sittting through the cartoon series... regardless of the transfer quality. Bleeck! :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Unless there are something spectacular in the way of extras on these two releases, I'm gonna have to pass on them. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back