Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All
I thought I would send these pics. This is how Ursus should have been put out by Sideshow. I bought this off of an Awesome fellow I met on Ebay.
John

Dr_Zaius said:
Hey All
I thought I would send these pics. This is how Ursus should have been put out by Sideshow. I bought this off of an Awesome fellow I met on Ebay.
John

Well, its closer, but a James Gregory "Ursus" likeness would have been nice.

Dr_Zaius said:
Hey All
John

I saw this Ursus on auction at Ebay. The leather flap is an improvement. However, I think the whole helmet sculpt is sub par... compared to the Hasbro Ursus helmet...

Geez, I just can't get used to typing that. :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

In my case, DD, the Sideshow helmet came off after pulling on it hard a few times. I was a bit nervous before doing it, but Ironman assured me that it would come off rather easily. And it did. :D

I have 3 of them [well, at last count it was 3] and those helmets are not the most secured items Sideshow ever attached to a figure. Hasbro's helmet and neck piece are far superior to what Ursus came with. Heck, one of mine was even minus the holster and pistol.

Well, the separate version of both the POTA cartoon series and the POTA TV series (now in slim cases) are now in the marketplace.

Has anybody bought them? Are they any different than the other version previously released? I saw them at the store yesterday, but it didn't look like there is any difference. They appear to be a simple repacks. The TV show has the same box art as the original release of the series.

However, the graphics on the cartoon box is cool... it matches the rest of the current film releases.

Last edited:
Proto, I'll admit, I bought the TV series because I thought the original "next week" previews were to be included, as well as the Roddy McDowall intros done for the Sci-Fi Channel's reruns, but I'm waiting for someone to answer before I open them up! I already own the original DVD release, as well as the "Ape-head" Super-set, so if there's nothing new of note I'll be returning them! :monkey3

Last edited:
just got the cartoon set in the mail today, but I never got the ultimate ape head set because this is all that I didn't already have that was included. So sorry can't help you with the comparison :monkey2

rentu said:
just got the cartoon set in the mail today, but I never got the ultimate ape head set because this is all that I didn't already have that was included. So sorry can't help you with the comparison :monkey2

Was there any extras? :confused:

I believe my "Ape Head" version doesn't have anything extra concerning the cartoon series. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

How about an Armando figure from Conquest?

I bought the Ape Head set. What was the question? No extras on the cartoon I'm afraid.

An Armando would be nice, but they have everything they need for Milo except the headsculpt. Hey!! Don't get me wrong I'll take either.

If there is to be another Sideshow figure, I'd want it to be that of an ape, not another stinking human.

Hey ape fans sorry that I've been away for quite a while. If there was a new POTA fig in the works, I'd love for it to be a simian.

More apes please

Back