Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that C's jacket will go to a good home. The pleasure in keeping it as authentic as possible is all mine. Wait till you see the pants...It makes the whole outfit look real complete. I am still working on the hem and waistband, but I think it's close enough to take another photo. I'm soooo excited to see this coming together!!

BTW, you really need to paint Zira's ugly green Sideshow shoes! I'd recommend you use the inexpensive acrylic paint (craft paint) at Wal-Mart, AC Moore and other craft stores.

These colors are always less less than $1 each. Paint them all black first. Once that drys, lightly dry brush the brown craft paint over over that. Lots of these craft paints are even 50 cents each. There's about 2 fluid oz per each plastic bottle. You know which ones I'm talking about?

I've got the paint but I don't want to make the time...someday, I promise.

Here's the suit. The pants are totally not done, but I was excited to photograph it. Needs a shirt, I know...And I cropped Z's bright green shoes from the bottom of the photo...

IMG_3861.jpg

Last edited:
OK. Guess I'll just make some coffee and nibble on some cookies. When I'm done I'll watch some olympics (still hoping for that dern ping pong...but perhaps I already missed it)...

I can't believe I lost two of the buttons from C's left sleeve. I will make sure they're all sewn tight before I send it to you, Angel. I will see if I can massage another suit out of the fabric I have left for this shirt. Maybe I will be lucky and get three complete suits but it doesn't look hopeful.

After I bang out 2 more suits (for me and Snick), I'm going to aim for getting Armando's jacket done. That one should not be so difficult because I don't have a check pattern to deal with...but you never know until you cross that bridge.

I don't have any responses to my "want" post at the Mego Museum. I asked for somebody to print me thin blue grey stripes on white to make C's shirt and I would pay for their efforts, but nobody's offered. I will keep looking, though. I know you e-mailed me something from Ebay but I think the stripes are too thick looking on that shirt. The fabric is just waiting for me to find it. I KNOW I'll find it someday. I am always on the lookout.

Angel, I was just thinking...maybe you can print out the pinstripe fabric for me! I don't have access to an inkjet...if I send you the "stuff" can you print out the pinstripes for me so I can bang out a shirt for C?

Sure. I'll try Jessica. Send it to me. I have no idea what you're refering too but I'll try. Try printing a pattern on cloth using a inkjet printer? Print a iron-on with stripes? :confused:

Sure. I'll try Jessica. Send it to me. I have no idea what you're refering too but I'll try. Try printing a pattern on cloth using a inkjet printer? Print a iron-on with stripes? :confused:

Angel, I will have to research...but sometimes if you can't find the right scale of fabric, you would have to print your own out. I think you print your pattern directly onto the fabric...it's not iron-on, but I have never seen it in person and couldn't tell you if the fabric is great for sewing, or if it's the polyster kind of fabric you see on Megos.

IMG_3880.jpg

I put the book together today. It's just a bunch of blank pages, really...and I used leftover fabric from Burke's pants that were just laying around.

As you can see, the left sleeve is still missing the pair of buttons and also I haven't finished hemming the pants...I pretty much haven't done much to it since yesterday.

Wow Angel, he looks fantastic. You mangaed to blend the apoxie so well that it looks like his actual hair. Very nice.

I was just going through some old photos of the set.

StickmansStarWars2.jpg

IMG_0927a.jpg
IMG_0496a.jpg
IMG_0443A.jpg
IMG_0435A.jpg
ApeCityHouse3rdday1-21-08D.jpg
ApeCityHouse3rdday1-21-08A.jpg
ApeCityHouse2ndday1-20-08C.jpg

Back