Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snick, did you ever get a hold of Bill Blake?

Whoops! I totally forgot. Was there any special reason we wanted to talk to him?

After I bang out 2 more suits (for me and Snick), I'm going to aim for getting Armando's jacket done.

Send me a note on how much I owe you. I haven't paid you for the suit.

ANG- Luv the Julius. That is a great way of doing the arms. The head is really cool too.

Last night I opted to crash and never ended up coming over.

Last edited:
I decided to crop the photo because Angel really hates Zira's green shoes. I think the picture looks better balanced, too.

IMG_3888b.jpg

I just love this photo you took! Quality!

Whoops! I totally forgot. Was there any special reason we wanted to talk to him?

Send me a note on how much I owe you. I haven't paid you for the suit.

ANG- Luv the Julius. That is a great way of doing the arms. The head is really cool too.

Last night I opted to crash and never ended up coming over.

No reason. Just to say hi, and to let him know that a lot of ape fans miss him. (And for some, like me, missed out!!)

Ohh, I couldn't sleep.

Great photo Jess, I didn't mind Zira's boots. Since you cropped it, I think you could shave a little off on the left of frame then too. Cut it right off of Zira's right elbow. I love the little flash of light that splashes onto Corny's face.

I was thinking about you last night, Sticks, as I tossed and turned. I don't know why I couldn't sleep either...too many ape thoughts running through my head. I must have dozed off, but I remember that the last time I checked, it was 3:45 AM and I was still really awake. I am soooo tired today. :monkey4

If the printing of patterns on fabric works out for me, I was thinking of scanning the pattern I found for C's suit and printing more of that, since it's in the most perfect scale....At least I came up with some kind of solution last night to something that's been bothering me...running out of fabric for C's suit.

Thanks for the input, Sticks, regarding the photo. I will try that and see how it looks. You never know what kind of image you will get when you photograph in dappled sunlight and it's a windy day. It was another lucky shot. I love how Zira's face is bright against the grass...you can really see the beauty of Matt Fall's sculpt.

Last edited:
I was thinking about you last night, Sticks, as I tossed and turned. I don't know why I couldn't sleep either...too many ape thoughts running through my head. I must have dozed off, but I remember that the last time I checked, it was 3:45 AM and I was still really awake. I am soooo tired today. :monkey4

If the printing of patterns on fabric works out for me, I was thinking of scanning the pattern I found for C's suit and printing more of that, since it's in the most perfect scale....At least I came up with some kind of solution last night to something that's been bothering me.

Thanks for the input, Sticks regarding the photo. I will try that and see how it looks. You never know what kind of image you will get when you photograph in dappled sunlight and it's a windy day. It was another lucky shot.

Well, I love your shots none the less. Here are two of this morning's shots.

AdamsPictures008.jpg

AdamsPictures003.jpg

Sticks, wow! Your camera is so clear! I can see the grain of fabric on the costumes!

I love how the trees are so far back in the second shot, making your 1/6 figures look like they are life-sized!! I would re-take the second shot and probably pluck off that grass leaf. Loving that angle, though.

How many photos do you take per session? 20-30? 40-50?

Sticks, wow! Your camera is so clear! I can see the grain of fabric on the costumes!

I love how the trees are so far back in the second shot, making your 1/6 figures look like they are life-sized!! I would re-take the second shot and probably pluck off that grass leaf. Loving that angle, though.

How many photos do you take per session? 20-30? 40-50?

Thanks a bunch Jessica. I only took five shots this morning.

Sticks, do you mind if I post a few of your stunning photos (the Star Trek/Apes cross-overs and Star Wars/Trek cross-overs to another ape-related forum?) They are so unbelieveably yummilicious and I wanted to share some of your ape eyecandy to other like-minded apes.

Jess.

Sticks, do you mind if I post a few of your stunning photos (the Star Trek/Apes cross-overs and Star Wars/Trek cross-overs to another ape-related forum?) They are so unbelieveably yummilicious and I wanted to share some of your ape eyecandy to other like-minded apes.

Jess.

Sure Jessica. Thank you for asking. :whip

Hurray, thank you Sticks. I will post them.

I was just thinking that since I started working on 1/6 scale how much I really love 1/6 scale! Yes, I still make stuff for Megos...but dang....this is fun stuff!!

I just bought a sidecar Vespa for Zira and Cornelius. (bad! bad girl!)

Hurray, thank you Sticks. I will post them.

I was just thinking that since I started working on 1/6 scale how much I really love 1/6 scale! Yes, I still make stuff for Megos...but dang....this is fun stuff!!

I just bought a sidecar Vespa for Zira and Cornelius. (bad! bad girl!)

Ha Ha, That's great Jessica. I was poking around in some older threads, I like looking back some times, and I can say that your skills have progressed so much. It's awesome watching someone strengthen at their craft. Knowing what you know now, how difficult would making classic Star Trek uni's be?

Jess - I don't know what a sidecar Vespa for Zira and Cornelius is. Clue me in.

Here's their new ride:

Dsc00044.jpg

I was going to buy a real working 1/6 bicycle, but I have always wanted to ride in a sidecar....I figured Zira would enjoy it as much as I would. Plus, posing this would be easier...bicycle? Nah...Still have to teach Cornelius how to balance on one...and where would Zira ride?

Last edited:
Hello everbody, I want to thank angelofmusic2112 for inviting over to this GREAT forum. I been looking over and you people are super talented and serious about your hobby. I am too and just started getting back in to it and doing some custom work myself. Keep up the good work and so will I.

A very warm welcome, to you, Kong33! :fireworks

This is one of the most beautiful corners of the universe. Please make yourself at home...

We love photos of works in progress (at least I do!!)

Ha Ha, That's great Jessica. I was poking around in some older threads, I like looking back some times, and I can say that your skills have progressed so much. It's awesome watching someone strengthen at their craft. Knowing what you know now, how difficult would making classic Star Trek uni's be?

I've never understood why sideshow didn't make a line of 1/6 Classic Trek.

Westbatman, thank you for making my day such a fun ape-related day! Today, Zira and Zaius arrived for a visit to my office and they are patiently waiting for me in my van. Thank you for the extra stuff, you are so generous.

Back