Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to stay up a little bit tonight to hem up C's jacket so I can photograph it tomorrow. It looks great after I've put the lining on it. Good night, fellas.

That's sad. :( I really like him.

It's one of your VERY early photos, Angel, posted long before I started lurking. It's been a long time since you worked on him...I had a senior moment and I couldn't remember how he looked. Your sculpt (especially the hair, which is hard to do, does look like him!). I know he will kick serious butt when done.

I'm thinking about taking this orangutan (see picture) and getting Denise to make a purple robe like that of the preacher orangutan. I know it doesn't look like him, but I say close enough.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about taking this orangutan (see picture) and getting Denise to make a purple robe like that of the preacher orangutan. I know it doesn't look like him, but I say close enough.

I think that would work with the Preacher and Mandemus!:monkey1

Yay! I finished C's jacket. :mwaha I just need to sew on the buttons. I hope my needle is small enough to fit those buttons...I can't remember what I did with my favorite needle...I think it's somewhere downstairs stuck on a spool of black thread). I can't wait to post photos tomorrow (it'll have to wait until we get back from piano lessons, though). Now onto his pants!! (Angel, maybe I can mail it to you sometime this week!!) :banana :banana

Last edited:

That's the orangutan I was thinking about when you talked about the President of the Assembly. I can't wait until you finish the President's garb. THAT is going to be a sight to behold, Angel. THAT is what I'm waiting for you to do....:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5 (Of course, I'm also waiting for the mighty Caesar!! :banana)

That orangutan you just posted looks great for the preacher.

I have even less than your "rootbeer budget". Wait until your children go off to college! Yikes! You'll be selling ape **** like me to friends and putting that towards your ape hobby.

I'm dreading that. I think I have to go back to school and upgrade my degree...which will take me away from this hobby that I love so much. I have to get my butt in gear and start taking classes I avoided, like chemistry and human biology. I might have to just quit work altogether to take classes if I can't find classes that will fit my work schedule. I really don't want to do that, but I will if I have to. I'm just dreading the time away from the hobby, which is such a fun thing to escape the drudgery of the real world with.

I'll have to rely on my parents again for financial support...and I will be under their watchful eye again. They will remind me to stop playing and get back to work...I'm really dreading that day, and it is almost upon me now. I can't believe summer is nearly over. I need to think about winter session. Yuck.

One of my eBay friends (Jeff) has been buying all kinds of items from me. Both on and off of eBay. After seeing my Julius with the "plastic hair", he decided to put apoxie on the arms of his Julius also! He just finished painting his and sent me these photos!

Didn't he do a great job?! I absolutely love it! (Jess - you're going to have to do this with Zira & some others too!)

Holy Moley! That Julius looks FANTASTIC!

Check out this beautiful rendering I just encountered. One of my friends from another forum showed it to me.

Caesar.jpg

Beauvoir, the artist, said that one fanzine used it as a cover many years ago, and he couldn't remember which one.

Hurray! The sun is finally out (so I can take my photos of C's jacket)...and I think they have men's ping pong later!!

One of my eBay friends (Jeff) has been buying all kinds of items from me. Both on and off of eBay. After seeing my Julius with the "plastic hair", he decided to put apoxie on the arms of his Julius also! He just finished painting his and sent me these photos!

Didn't he do a great job?! I absolutely love it! (Jess - you're going to have to do this with Zira & some others too!)

Wow, GREAT JOB indeed. Very unique. It's a shame PZ wasn't able to show Mat Falls these pictures. Julius rocks.

Hey Angel, great job also on the open mouth Ursus, he looks great also. :monkey5

Here's some quickie shots. I'll try to take better ones later. Gotta run and pick up the folks at BART.

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

Angel, I'm going to work on C's pants now. Don't you like the way the sleeves of the jacket have two seams, just like a real suit? I think it adds a little something to the jacket. I only put six total buttons on the suit, because I was going by photo references.

I also re-worked the collar of C's jacket, so that the notch is not so very big between the lapel and the edge of the collar. You can't see it from the photos I posted, but the back of the jacket also has a vent in the back.

Aw, crap. I checked the pattern of the pants I got at Goodwill to make more suits. The pattern is quite large. I am still on the lookout, then...but I think I can massage two suits out of this one shirt I had with the perfect checks for C's Escape suit.

Angel, I'm going to work on C's pants now. Don't you like the way the sleeves of the jacket have two seams, just like a real suit? I think it adds a little something to the jacket. I only put six total buttons on the suit, because I was going by photo references.

Jessica - Thanks for keeping it so authentic! There's no corners being cut with you, that's for sure. I'd love to give you some more $$$ for all your efforts as a token of thanks. I'd also like to make you something special as a big thank you. I appreciate all you've put into this for me, so please think about it, and let know what I might create for you? I want to do this. :)

Last edited:
Back