Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I was in New York City we passed where most of the exterior shots were filmed and I stopped my friends "do you know where we are?" and I sang out the beginning theme song for "GB" and I swear like 40 people shouted out "Ghost Busters!" It was really cool and funny.

I'm going to try and attend a BBQ this weekend and see what else is going on, then next week we have what's called the Oyster Festival here in Norwalk, CT.

I live about five blocks from the Ghost Busters Firehouse. It's just below Canal Street.

I've got a cop from Conquest but I have to take another picture. I got my Nazi costume from Cottswald Collectibles but you could probably get it cheaper elsewhere.

Yes, Cotswold has many uniforms like that. Monkey Depot is a really good place to get the dml/dragon figures. Ebay would be cheaper in bulk though as far as uniforms go!:horror

Does anyone know where I could find those hats and/or that Nazi uniform?

Both were cleared out, so you could probably find the actual figures pretty cheap on ebay, I remember the Tuskegee's being on the KB shelves forever. Seemed they couldn't give them away. Target cleared the Nazis out at $4, I don't remember how many I picked up.

This is the Tuskegee I used.

https://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-Classic...oryZ1168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the Nazi.

https://cgi.ebay.com/12-GI-Joe-Germ...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I could find those hats and/or that Nazi uniform?

Angel, did you try:

Monkeydepot.com

elitebrigade.com

goodstufftogo.net

I know you can't navigate well through Goodstufftogo.net but after a while it becomes a piece of cake.

I hope this helps.

I never liked the Hasbro GI Joes or their uniforms. They were always too bulky and too cheap looking. And when trying to acheive some form of texture nothings damper the hopes more than stickers.

Monkeydepot.com
Toyanxiety.com
thebattlerhino.com
goodstufftogo.net

All excellent for loose bodies.
Angel the ones I mentioned to you were Yamato nudes from GIJoeinfirmary.com
I like them because the neck studs are similar to the Sideshow ape necks and they are a bit shorter than others, making them good simian fodder.
I don't have a Braeden Rat Patrol figure, I have a SOTW from Formative International that resembles Braeden [then Hans Gudegast] from Rat Patrol. I am still needing to look for him, but the 1:1 world keeps the 1:6 time at bay.

Last edited:
Angel, check out this site for the glasses:

https://www.forevervirginia.com/gallery2/forsale/glasses/

From looking closely at the photographs, I think that the glasses are printed on clear acetate. You purchase a sheet for $5 and then you cut out the glasses and put on your figure's face. It might be something you could try to make yourself.

Edited to say: Yes, the glasses are printed on clear acetate. If you visit an optometry shop, maybe they may have a throw-away catalog that you can skim through for the Buddy Holly style glasses, and then scan it, scale it appropriately, and print it on clear acetate.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link again, Kfog! I think I am about to buy me a pair of the Japanese officer boots for Armando. I hate their $25 minimum order, though. Angel, if you want to add to my order, let me know by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for that link again, Kfog! I think I am about to buy me a pair of the Japanese officer boots for Armando. I hate their $25 minimum order, though. Angel, if you want to add to my order, let me know by tomorrow afternoon.

Hi Jess! Hey, if you are taking an order over the phone, ask them if they have gotten in any of the cotwold dog tags. I have not asked them in over two months. They are the Dog Tags with an actual 1/6th scale chain with two miniature cotswold dogtags.

Hey Jess, You could also get the wool Pea Coat like Mendez in Battle over at Cotswold collectibles!

Jess - Yes! Please add me to your order. Thank you for offering to do that for me. :)

GIEA-27B $1.99 (1 pair)

Hi Jess! Hey, if you are taking an order over the phone, ask them if they have gotten in any of the cotwold dog tags. I have not asked them in over two months. They are the Dog Tags with an actual 1/6th scale chain with two miniature cotswold dogtags.

They are still out. They are having difficulty finding a manufacturer in China that would take small orders like the dogtags with the 1/6 scale chain. Good thinking, though!!

Back