Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent the last 2 hours or so giving my Sideshow Cornelius a complete lobotomy. 50% of his head is actually missing and in the trash can. I also took the knife to Zira and cut her muzzle wide open because I've been wondering what she'd look like with her mouth opened. Let's see what happens to C & Z over the next week because of this plastic surgery.

Oh, I also worked on the hair of Astronaut Burke some more today. I’m still using Ada’s Burke head as a reference point to put the hair on him. I’m hoping I can capture the flow of his hair just as she did. :rolleyes:

This is just way too exciting for me, Angel. I don't have the nerve to do that to Zira, but I want to see how she would look! :monkey5 I'm sure she will look great.

Just found out I have to go to my inlaws an hour away. No movies today, the kids would prefer to go there. We better not stay later than 7 PM. Grrr....:mad:

This means I won't get to do any crafts today. I'll be sure to bring some knitting though.

Thought I'd chime in and see what's happening. Did Ironman paint some of his sculpts? Pictures when you're ready Ironman. :D

Just checking in. I'm off to dinner now. It was a long day. My father and I worked on cleaning the garage today. :horror

I guess that it is my time to check in now. Hey Angel and Jess, here are the pictures of the chain I found at Michaels next to the cotswold dog tag chain. It looks to be the same kind, but maybe one scale larger. It is still definately 1/6th scale though. :D

How could I not mention Caesar? Of course I worked more on the Caesar Statue again today as well. I really enjoy working on him just a little bit at a time. I hope he is well received once completed.

It’s time to check on my many eBay auctions and have my breakfast. It’s always exciting to watch the closing of an auction(s) to see what happens. Wish me luck. I’m really hurting for supplies and there are some BIG sales happening right now for both apoxie and molding rubber! :pow

It would be cool to have a pic of your work in progress for future reference. Kinda like a time line to present for later.:whip

Hey everyone, I would like to get some feedback on these chains that will be used for dogtags on Brent, Taylor, and Nova. Thanks!:peace

I got an e-mail saying I maxed out my PMs. I keep forgetting to do that. When you have gmail, you don't ever have to remember to delete them, so I forget. My PMs at the Mego Museum is always almost maxed out, too.

I did not photograph C&Z with a BBQ because I have to make a couple of ears of corn, and I knew I would not have the time today. If I didn't have to go to my SIL's place, I would have been able to bake some...we didn't drag ourselves home until 11:30 PM, but I had fun just hanging out. We had BBQd goat. They served buttermilk (which I refuse to drink--does anybody in their right mind drink that stuff????)...and we spent an hour at a Halal market trying to get bread and goat meat before we got to my SIL's place.

I will photograph C&Z with the BBQ for this labor day. I think it's a given...

I just had to photograph C&Z today so I could finally send out Angel's C-suit and finish up the Sunday Picnic.

Hey Jess, have you put in your order at Cotswold yet?:confused:

Yes, I did already. I hope nobody else had an order to add to it. I had to place my order yesterday because there was one item that I wanted and they only had one left. I can't even remember what the heck that item is...I would have to check my e-mail...but I thought it would be cool for C&Z.

The chain you got is beautiful, Kfog. How do you close it to make a necklace? Do you solder it or do you take one of those links and rework it?

The chain you got is beautiful, Kfog. How do you close it to make a necklace? Do you solder it or do you take one of those links and rework it?

Hi Jess! You will need a loop to connect it. I will see if I have any lying around. Have a good night and sleep tight.:horror

Yuck! What a restless night! I couldn't sleep until I heard the bell toll 3AM. I feel like I'm swimming underwater today and feeling really groggy. I hate that!!

I spent a good half hour trying to take the Vespa out of the box. C & Z fit in it perfectly. I strapped the BBQ pit to the back of the Vespa and they are good to go!! (I am just missing the wine bottle and goblets, which I still have to purchase)...

Back