Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might as well try Ironman. I'm not at all pleased with these paint jobs. I wanted something really professional. They don't suck (my opinion), they're just "okay" for a rookie painter. I was really wanting them to turn out like Les Walkers Joker!:duh

Angel, the eyes came out so well on your paint job. I can't do this type of work because I wear contact lenses. I need to remove my contacts so I can see better up close, or invest in one of those magnifyers you wear over your eyes to see the detail.

Happy Labor Day, Fellas!! Gotta run...to get groceries. What do you think of the corn? The original corn that came with the BBQ grill is the one that C is currently holding with the tongs. The color is a lot different than the ones I made...which are the ones that look burnt, but I did that on purpose so it looks like he's really barbequing...

BBQ005.jpg

BBQ009.jpg

That corn looks great all "burned" on the grilled. Your wild imagination and the shadows from the trees all come together for a couple of GREAT photos!

Love what you’ve done. Keep it coming sister!

This is why I gave Cornelius a lobotomy yesterday and threw away 50% of his head. I'm trying to create a different ape look using this extra Sideshow head. I may even turn him into an orangutan! :huh

If you turn this guy into an orangutan, remember to sculpt some eyebrows on him.

It's funny you said that! I just put eyebrows on The President of the Assembly. You know someting? I hate calling him that. It takes sooooo long to type. From now on, can I just call him Bob?

I think that I will have to go to the relatives and have a cook out tomorrow. Good night all! I need three sleeping pills:sleep:sleep:sleep

I had to finish my little soap opera. Took awhile because there were many photos to choose from and I kept editing it as I went along. I've finally got it to the point where I am happy with where it went.

I'm afraid to go to sleep. I hope it's not another night full of tossing and turning. I've got so many ape ideas running through my head it's crazy. At least tomorrow is a holiday so I can powernap if I have to...

Last edited:
Jess, once again, wonderful photos! I think we all need to add some corn to our collections, afterall, its the food of choice.

Angel! Caesar looks great! How tall does he stand? He would make an excellent counterpiece to the Lawgiver statue.If you're molding him, keep an extra for me. I'll need to save up but that is a must have!!

I was in and out this morning. You need some corn, IM? I can make you some easily...let me know how many cobs you want. I won't paint the burns on the corn, I'm thinking it's for your mute humans, right?

I'm about to make coffee. I think I have a caffeine headache...I haven't had coffee all day and it's not a very pleasant feeling.

I was in and out this morning. You need some corn, IM? I can make you some easily...let me know how many cobs you want. I won't paint the burns on the corn, I'm thinking it's for your mute humans, right?

Mute and/or Astronauts. Hey, they all gotta eat right?

Today is so very pleasant outside. I'm going to the backyard and finish up my Mego-sized Cornelius. I hope I do a good job. At least the paint application is still smooth on him. I need to study more Cornelius photographs (hope I find some I printed already)...and I'm going to put more paints on his face. Enjoy your much-needed holiday, IM!!

Back