Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for asking, Kfog...I'm feeling a little pukey from lack of sleep again. I tossed and turned until probably 3 AM...and then I got up at 7. I couldn't get a latte at the cafe downstairs, but the day is almost done...

Thanks for asking, Kfog...I'm feeling a little pukey from lack of sleep again. I tossed and turned until probably 3 AM...and then I got up at 7. I couldn't get a latte at the cafe downstairs, but the day is almost done...

I always heard that if you put all of your "to do's" on a piece of paper, that it will help put your mind at ease and allow you to sleep better. That way You do not keep the negatives in your head when you try to sleep. I am not sure this works, but it is worth a try.:D

Here's my work in progress. What do you guys think? Not so purty, huh? I know...still needs work!!! I'm going to go cross-eyed redoing his teeth, but he's too buck-toothed.

IMG_4126-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I smoothed out the paint a bit more and teeth are now gone. I won't be able to tell what kind of damage I did until tomorrow in daylight, but I think he looks better.

IMG_4182-1.jpg

IMG_4181-1.jpg

Last edited:
I made some mangoes 1/6 scale while watching Project Runway...I'm also in the thinking process of how you make other vegetables like kale or celery. I need props to continue my storyline...I hope I can sleep tonight. I will try your method, Kfog, and sleep with pen and paper by my side so I can write down things to do as they pop in my head.

OMG! I feel so wide awake...

Maybe I'm a vampire.

Last edited:
Just the hair, I like the face.

Can you post pix of Cornelius and Milo? I have one of them, but not both. I'd like to see the differences between the 2 chimps. Let's see that Zaius again too! :angelsmil

ANG - Here are the Milo, Zaius, Corneilus and guy from Conquest pix. I also attached some pix of the chairs needed for the new and improved spaceship.

The backpack was one of the few projects that didn't include Matt Sotis. My glyph sculptor made that one.

ANG - Keep me posted on the Ceasar statue. If we can get the crew to go in on it maybe we can keep the costs low.

JESS - Luv the MEGO Cornelius head.

Oh no! Now I'm going to have to give Cornelius a white pant suit with lots of diamond studs. Another something to add to my ever-growing projects!! :monkey4

Forgot to tell you guys that I added baby powder to the paints to deaden the shine of Cornelius's face, something that I read about and wanted to try even if some people said not to bother. Made a thorough mess. Never peeled it off...just kept adding very thin layers of paint on top of that.

Last edited:
SNICK - I can't tell the difference between that Milo and Cornelius. They look like twins to me. Do you see much difference in them?

Did the CONQUEST police wears sunglasses in the movie? I don't recall that. Is he holding a regular batan or the "electric shock device". (i.e. cattle prod?)

There is a little difference between Cornelius and Milo. The Milo head is smaller which adds a little challenge in finding him a body.

From what I recall there is a Conquest guard with sunglasses. The baton is slung around his shoulders and the cattle prod is in his hands.

Angel, I was just thinking about getting more apes for Central City...you know what you did with Elta? Can't you do more orangutans/gorillas that way, too? I'm going to try that with my Robert Patrick head...try to make Dr. Galen out of him.

Hey Jess! I am anticipating you reaching your 2,000th post. Will You be doing the bananna dance today?:banana

Angel, I was just thinking about getting more apes for Central City...you know what you did with Elta? Can't you do more orangutans/gorillas that way, too?

I'm really liking what I'm hearing! More NEW apes in Central City! That's a great idea!

I'm going to try that with my Robert Patrick head...try to make Dr. Galen out of him.

That's soooooo cool Jess! Do it! Do it!

There is a little difference between Cornelius and Milo. The Milo head is smaller which adds a little challenge in finding him a body.

From what I recall there is a Conquest guard with sunglasses. The baton is slung around his shoulders and the cattle prod is in his hands.

SNICK -Where did you find that cattle prod? I was planning on making mine.

Hey Jess! I am anticipating you reaching your 2,000th post. Will You be doing the bananna dance today?:banana

Yes, with my chattering, I am sure to hit 2000 today!!

Yikes! Post #1988...that's the year I started dating my husband.

Last edited:
Back