Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel, congratulations on winning the Black German uniform. I think that you got a deal on it! What a nice pickup dude!:banana

By the way Stickman, those Native Americans Indian figures are outstanding. I just sold my last Cheyenne Warrior on ebay about three weeks ago. I really love fires, great big bomb fires are cool. Smores anyone?:naughty

What's a "bomb fire"? Whatever it is, it sounds really dangerous!

PZ - Do you have a picture of the gorilla artwork from that artist we all like? Don't recall his artists name...

You have a picture of an orangutan from him I believe.

The artist's name is Morton Haack. I've always thought that there should be a big coffee table book of his art work for the first two films... he did receive an Oscar nomination for his work on the first film, by the way. I've heard he did scores of sketches for the first film trying to establish the look of the film. His work is simply stunning up close.

And the drawing I possess is that of a chimp... I only wish it was an orangutan. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Here are two quick pics of Morton's gorilla sketches... taken from the Planet of the Apes DVD. Sorry that they are not greatest copies. I shall see if I can find better representations of them somewhere else.

pdvd057fv7.png

pdvd058qy0.png

Your Caesar statue is coming along quite nicely, Angel... I would love to see pictures of your Lawgiver figure next to it sometime.

And what can I say about Cornelius's suit... Jess you are a true sewing goddess. I would love to see you tackle the all leather Caesar tunic someday. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I'm not sure on the cost of the Caesar statue yet.

Like I said, start saving up, these costs add up quickly. I'm not going to be shy and just give my time & supplies away this time around. If no one wants these items, my feelings won't be hurt. I totally understand it's expensive.

. :angelsmil

Caesar, Apes on Blu-Ray, Blu-ray player, the next few months are going to be ROUGH... but exciting!

Who needs things like food & shelter when you have APES!:joy

The artist's name is Morton Haack. I've always thought that there should be a big coffee table book of his art work for the first two films... he did receive an Oscar nomination for his work on the first film, by the way. I've heard he did scores of sketches for the first film trying to establish the look of the film. His work is simply stunning up close.

And the drawing I possess is that of a chimp... I only wish it was an orangutan. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Here are two quick pics of Morton's gorilla sketches... taken from the Planet of the Apes DVD. Sorry that they are not greatest copies. I shall see if I can find better representations of them somewhere else.

pdvd057fv7.png

pdvd058qy0.png

I think it would be very cool to make a gorilla (and the other ape figures of course) based on Morton Hacks work. Let me know if you ever stumble across anything bigger or better regarding his paintings. It would be a great fuel for some inspiration! :angelsmil

Last edited:
Let me just be the first to say Angel, that you have been SO BUSY with your customs! Bravo! Don't burn up too much fuel, though!

I sent out C's suit to you yesterday with $200 insurance on the box. It better get there soon. Oh...I also put TONS of tape on it, just to be safe. Hoping it will be another Christmas for you. Thanks for your patience.

I will try to post photos of my Mego-sized Cornelius later today if I can catch some sun when I get home. I'm not really happy with it. I don't know if I should keep going or just peel the paint off and start over...At least his eyes are pointing in the same direction.

Ha!! My 1,974 post! (1974 is the year we moved to the US...the year I discovered Planet of the Apes)!!

Hi Mark and Jess! I sent out the rope and chain to you both today. Let me know when you get it.:monkey1

Kfog, thank you for doing that. Got any new photos of your ape projects?

I have been working on the History figures that I am selling on ebay for now. I have to bring that money in and pay the bills. I have less than three months till I move back across town. I cannot wait for that to happen. I would really like to get the Lucius finished though. I have to customise the Cornelius/Chimp suit.:banana

Hey Jess! I was going to wait for you to post your 2,000th post, at the same time that I post my 1,000th.:blah:blah:blah

I'm going to get Mr. Enlarger to enlarge the Medicom Lucius to Mego-size...I have a body that Enaud traded with me.

Let's celebrate number 1,000 posts for me! I need a Bonfire!:banana:fest:fireworks:flag:grouphug:duff :mexwave :woo:chug

I used a IPTP body!

Back